In a world that is always evolving, the automotive sector not only has a huge influence on the Canadian economy but also has a large global impact. Modern vehicle manufacturing is constantly evolving, giving rise to cutting-edge technology, designs, and production techniques. You will learn about both the theoretical and practical aspects of autos if you pursue a Master in Automotive Engineering in Canada.
Canadian MS programs in automotive engineering offer you the chance to hone your engineering abilities and get you ready for the demands of the industrial world. Masters in automobile engineering in Canada is a highly desired education by many international students due to the extremely high demand for experienced professionals worldwide. This blog post will go through the qualifying requirements, tuition prices, and employment prospects for automotive engineering programs offered in Canada.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Masters in Automotive Engineering in Canada?
- Course Structure
- Admission Process for Master in Automotive Engineering in Canada
- Top Universities for Masters in Automotive Engineering in Canada
- Cost of Studying
- Job Prospects
Also Read: Study in Canada
Why Study Masters in Automotive Engineering in Canada?
Mentioned below points highlight the significance of obtaining a master’s degree in automotive engineering in Canada:
- The design and manufacture of automobiles and their parts, such as engines, as well as their analysis and design, as well as autonomous vehicle technologies and dynamics, are highlighted in the curriculum for automotive engineering. The students are more equipped to handle the advancements in the automobile industry.
- Since it contributed about 19 billion dollars to Canada’s GDP in 2021, the automotive industry have a big impact on the country’s economy. More than 125,000 people are employed in this sector and an additional 400,000 work in the aftermarket services.
- In 2019, the Canadian economy benefited by 8.7 billion dollars thanks to the automobile industry. Around 78,000 CAD is the typical yearly pay in Canada’s automobile sector. New job openings will help the whole economy of the nation, just like the assembly of jobs in the auto sector.
Also Read: Automobile Engineering in Germany
Mentioned below is the quick review of the course structure for a master’s in automotive engineering in Canada
- The Canadian Masters in Automotive Engineering program lasts for one to two years. The MS in Automotive Engineering in Canada gives students the option of finishing the program in two years, while the PG Diploma in Automotive Engineering is typically a one-year program.
- Your degree program type may have an impact on the precise course content you take. Aeroacoustics, automotive, electronics, aerodynamics, automotive designing and communications, vehicle dynamics, thermal management, and other topics are generally covered in this course.
- You can also enroll in any of the various master’s programs in automotive engineering, such as the Canadian MS in Aerospace Engineering, the Masters in Mechanical Engineering, the Masters in Electrical Engineering, etc.
Also Read: Diploma in Automobile Engineering
Admission Process for Master in Automotive Engineering in Canada
For the Winter, Summer, and Fall intakes, there are Masters in Automotive Engineering programs offered in Canada. Before preparing to apply, you must experience the college’s admissions season. The best Canadian institutions for automotive engineering have a small number of seats and receive a lot of applications, thus it is advised to apply as soon as possible. Here is a quick summary of the Canadian Masters in Automotive Engineering admission process:
- Check out the eligibility and entrance requirements for the automotive engineering course on the university’s official website.
- Complete the online application form on the university website and submit it together with the necessary application costs.
- To complete your application, submit the necessary documentation.
- Keep an eye out for any revisions to your application on the university website.
- You can start the process for a study permit visa after you receive the letter of acceptance from the college.
- It costs a lot of money to pursue a master’s degree in automotive engineering in Canada. It is crucial that you now consider the cost of living and scholarship opportunities in Canada.
A candidate needs to fulfil the following eligible criteria in order to pursue a Master’s in Automotive Engineering in Canada:
- English language proficiency test minimum scores:
- Bachelor’s Degree – A 4-year relevant bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a minimum GPA of 3-3.5 is required for admission to a master’s program. A bachelor’s degree in electronics, mechanical, or aerospace engineering is acceptable for pursuing a master’s in automotive engineering, even if those fields are not automotive or vehicle engineering.
- Study Permit Visa – All international students seeking a master’s degree in Canada must apply for a study permit visa prior to beginning their studies after getting an admission letter from their preferred university.
- GRE / GMAT scores – Some universities do not require these scores. However, including your GMAT or GRE results in your admissions applications can be beneficial. Some Canadian institutions need a minimum GMAT score of 550.
To complete the application process for Masters in Automotive Engineering in Canada a candidate needs to submit the following general documents:
- Official academic transcripts from previous academic institutions
- GRE / GMAT scores if required
- English language proficiency test scores – IELTS/TOEFL
- Two Letters of Recommendation (LORs)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Updated CV or Resume
- Proof of adequate funds
- Copy of passport
- Student visa
Top Universities for Masters in Automotive Engineering in Canada
The universities in Canada that offer Masters in Automotive Engineering in Canada are – the University of Ontario Institute of Technology and the University of Windsor. The program offered by them is discussed below:
University of Windsor
The University of Windsor is one of Ontario’s expanding research universities with a focus on the quality of instruction and student research. It offers MASc in automotive engineering that focuses on the strong professional training and real-world experience required to succeed in this cutthroat, international job market.
|QS World University Ranking 2024||641 – 650|
|Programs offered||International MASc in Automotive Engineering|
|Average annual tuition fee||8,116 CAD|
Also Read: Best Engineering Colleges in World
University of Ontario Institute of Technology
Public university – University of Ontario Institute of Technology is committed to advancing knowledge discovery and applications to foster social innovation, economic prosperity, and regional development. Students who pursue a Masters in Automotive Engineering have a thorough understanding of cutting-edge techniques and systems that are connected to the automotive industry.
|Programs Offered||MASc in Automotive EngineeringMEng in Automotive Engineering|
|Average annual tuition fee||27,518 CAD|
Cost of Studying
The total cost of studying Masters in Automotive Engineering in Canada involves tuition fee and living costs. Below we have discussed in brief about these two costs that will give you an idea about the amount of funds required to study in Canada:
Tuition fees – The average annual tuition fee for Master in Automotive Engineering in Canada ranges between 18,000 CAD to 35,000 CAD per year.
Cost of Living – Along with program fees, the monthly anticipated cost of living for a single person in Canada should be between 800 and 1,500 CAD. These anticipated expenditures could also cover other things like travel, food, hotel, clothing, style of room, and other miscellaneous costs.
Also Read: Cost of Living Calculator
Pursuing Masters in Canada can be quite expensive due to which many students face financial hiccups. Therefore, scholarships are a great way to overcome financial hurdles and complete higher education with ease. Mentioned below are some of the scholarships which students can apply for if they are planning to pursue Masters in Automotive Engineering in Canada:
|Scholarship Name||Award Value||Eligibility Criteria|
|Arbour Foundation||13,000 CAD (one-time award)||It is given to students pursuing master’s degrees in engineering, management, or computer science.|
|Delta Kappa Gamma World Fellowship||5,007 CAD||Given to international female students enrolled in full-time master’s programs.|
|Vanier Graduate Scholarship||50,000 CAD (one-time award)||Awarded to international students enrolled in bachelor’s degree programs and who have research intent.|
|Ontario Graduate Scholarship||5,000 CAD per term||It is awarded to international students who are enrolled in Ontario public universities.|
|GREAT Scholarship||To be decided by the faculty members||It is decided by the members of the faculty.|
Pursuing a degree in the field of Automotive Engineering opens up a lot of career opportunities. The table below represents some of the job positions that a candidate can apply to after pursuing Masters in Automotive Engineering in Canada.
|Job Positions||Average Annual Salary|
|Product Engineer||70,900 CAD|
|Research Engineer||75,463 CAD|
|Design Engineer||78,303 CAD|
|Automotive Engineer||72,518 CAD|
|Mechanical Engineer||67,326 CAD|
Also Read: Career in Automotive Design
Ans: It is one of the most in-demand courses in Canada as it offers chances in several sectors, including the automotive and aerospace industries. The goal of automotive engineering courses in Canada is to provide advanced expertise in the area.
Ans: Mentioned below are some of the courses in the field of automobile engineering in Canada:
-Graduate Certificate in Industrial Automation
-Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
-Bachelor of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering
-Diploma in Motive Power Technician
Ans: Yes, Canada is an excellent country to pursue a career in the Automobile industry.
This was everything about Masters in Automotive Engineering in Canada! If you are aiming to study abroad then experts at Leverage Edu can help you achieve your dreams.