The Khorana Scholarship is an initiative launched by the Department of Biotechnology (Government of India, partnered with the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum and WINStep Forward. The Khorana Scholarship, a.k.a. Khorana Program for Scholars, is named after the Nobel laureate Dr Har Gobind Khorana. This scholarship will provide career opportunities to Indian students to pursue any research course from the top universities in the USA in Summer 2023, for a time period of 10-12 weeks. The motto of this scholarship is ‘Promoting Scientific Cooperation Between India and the USA. Read this blog to know more about the Khorana Scholarship scheme.
|Scholarship Name||Khorana Scholarship|
|Organising Body||The Department of Biotechnology|
|Partnered With||The University of Wisconsin Madison
The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum
|Objective||Promoting Research and Science in the field of Biotechnology among Indian Students|
This Blog Includes:
About Khorana Scholarship
The Khorana Scholarship scheme is an initiative launched by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. As a tribute to Dr Har Gobind Khorana, this scholarship is named Khorana Scholarship. Dr Har Govind Khorana received a Nobel Prize for his great work in Chemistry and Biology in 1968. This scholarship was launched to provide financial support to meritorious Indian students while pursuing their higher education from the University of Wisconsin Madison and its partner universities, with a time period of 10-12 weeks.
Also Read – Scholarship to Study Abroad for Indian Students
How to Apply
Candidates who are interested and possess all the required eligibilities can apply for the Khorana Scholarship can simply follow the instructions given below.
- Kindly visit the official website of the Indo-US Science & Technology Forum at https://iusstf.org/khorana-program-for-scholars.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button and start your application process.
- Enter all the required details and upload all your documents in the required format.
- Candidates must ensure that while filling out the application form, no hard copy or electronic copy will be accepted.
- Before submitting your application, make sure that all the details you have entered are true from your end.
- Once your application form is completed, submit it and you will receive a confirmation message on your email or contact number.
Candidates who are interested in the Khorana Scholarship scheme must ensure that they fulfil are the eligibility requirements. Here are all the eligibility requirements for the Khorana Scholarship scheme.
- Students must be pursuing their final year in B. Tech, B.Sc., B. Pharm., M. Pharm., MBBS or any equivalent course from any recognised institution in India.
- Candidates must have scored at least 8.0 CGPA ( Cumulative Grade Point Average) or
- 80 per cent and higher score
- For MBBS students, the minimum required score is 65 per cent.
*Note – candidates appearing in their first year and last year of graduation and PhD students are not eligible for this scholarship scheme.
The Khorana Scholarship was launched with the objective of promoting scientific and research education among Indian students. To objectives of this program are as follows –
- Meritorious and Determined Indian Students will be given the opportunity to gain exposure and access to world-class research institutions.
- Promotion of research and scientific programs between India and the USA.
- Encouraging Indian students to pursue postgraduate studies and careers in the research sector.
- Building a new generation of scientists and researchers in the field of Biotechnology and
- Leading a sustainable world with Research and Development linkages and collaborations.
Also Read – Reliance Foundation Scholarships 2023
Important Details About Khorana Scholarship
In order to successfully receive this scholarship scheme, candidates must ensure that they know everything about this scholarship. Here are important details about the Khorana Scholarship.
- Only students who are pursuing any undergraduate or postgraduate course are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- This scholarship is applicable to the University of Wisconsin Madison and partnered Universities.
- The time duration of the course is 10 to 12 weeks.
- Candidates whose courses are not related to the field of Biotechnology cannot proceed further, as the objective of this scholarship is to assist students to pursue their careers in the field of Biotechnology.
- The stipends offered under this scholarship will be given only to researchers with satisfactory performance and records.
- It’s a full-time program, where selected candidates must be open to conducting their research in the US.
The Khorana Scholarship is a joint-venture program of the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India and The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum, which focuses on promoting research and scientific career options among Indian Students.
The Khorana Scholarship will provide eligible students with stipends, medical health insurance and Round-Trip Airfare. Eligible candidates can apply for this scholarship on the official website of the Indo-US Science and Technology forum.
Dr Har Govind Khorana was an Indian America Bio-chemist who received a Nobel prize in the field of Chemistry and Biotechnology in 1968. As a tribute to him, the Department of Biotechnology has named the Khorana Scholarship scheme.
The Khorana Scholarship scheme is available to all Indian students who want to pursue a career in the field of research and science of Biotechnology. This scholarship will offer eligible students with a stipend, medical health insurance and round-trip airfare.
If you are planning to study abroad in the upcoming intakes get in touch with our study abroad experts at 1800-57-2000. And stay tuned to our scholarships page for more information related to various scholarship schemes to study abroad.