International English Language Testing System or IELTS is a widely known and accepted English proficiency test opted for by students who are planning to study abroad. While preparing for the English test, one can easily learn basic English. The English proficiency exam entails different sections, which examine the competency of the students. IELTS Speaking Vocabulary helps in improving scores for the IELTS Speaking Section.
The tips you will use to prepare for the IELTS Speaking Vocabulary will enhance your English speaking skills and fluency as well. Let’s discover the details in depth in the article given below.
This Blog Includes:
Topics to Prepare for IELTS Speaking Vocabulary
The IELTS speaking vocabulary may become challenging at points. Having a strong vocabulary will help students to get the marks they are aiming for. A few topics must be prepared by the candidates, as it will help them to represent themselves as a professional native English speaker.
The phrases consist of two or more combined words from different grammatical structures. When these different words combine, a different meaning is formed. Students can use those phrases according to the context involved. Some of the phrases students can use are stick with, salt away, romp in, quarrel with, pass over etc.
With the use of idioms, students can improve their fluency, vocabulary of the language and pronunciation. These idioms can also be used by the students to express their ideas more clearly and make their sentences more natural. One thing to keep in mind, candidates must only use the idioms if they know the correct meaning of the idiom. Otherwise, a wrong interpretation of the word can lead to a reduction in the marks.
A few of the idioms students can use are call it a day, a piece of cake, once in a blue moon, fresh as a daisy, a blessing in disguise, etc.
The use of collocation will make one’s speech more fluent and help them sound just like a native English speaker. Using different collocations to make the speech appear natural can be useful for students.
Tips to Improve IELTS Speaking Vocabulary
There are a few basic preparation tips which must be followed by each student if they want to score the marks they are aiming for. Some daily routines, when followed, will help students to reach their desired goals effortlessly. Read the IELTS Speaking Vocabulary tips briefly mentioned below.
- Adding reading to the everyday schedule will enhance English reading fluency.
- Students can learn and discover new phrases and idioms to improve their English speaking skills.
- One must add a habit of watching English news to their daily routine. Just by watching one’s favourite shows or TV Dramas in English and enjoying the same time one can practise basic English.
- Learn and discover various genres and topics from technology, medicine and climate.
- Students must communicate with their friends and family in English. This will help them analyze where they need to improve and work.
- The best practice is to always carry a mini dictionary. By having a dictionary 24/7 one can find out the meaning of words whenever they want.
- Try and learn synonyms for different words to avoid repeating the same words over and over again.
- Candidates must learn to use different collocations to make their English speaking skills more professional.
Students can improve their English speaking by learning new words and phrases every day. Keeping a check on the vocabulary and pronunciation is a must. Adding reading to your everyday practice is also a must to score the marks students are aiming for.
Students do not have to prepare a speech, you will get topics assigned in the examination itself. Always speak clearly and directly near the recording equipment.
Students can improve their vocabulary by learning idioms from a dictionary, practising new words every day, watching videos in English and learning synonyms and antonyms for different words is also important.
We believe the information given above regarding the IELTS Speaking Vocabulary and the tips needed for the exam preparation will be helpful for the students. The tips will be helpful to improve your vocabulary, using simple and easy words and speaking fluently.
Candidates who want to prepare for IELTS or any other language proficiency test, can Build a plan with Leverage Edu‘s Leverage Live classes and our top trainers and strengthen your English score as well as your application so that you can secure your spot in your dream college.
Fulfil your dreams of studying abroad with Leverage Edu, to get a free counselling session, reach us at 1800572130.