The SAT examination is a popular entrance examination conducted by the College Board. The examination results are widely used for admission in the United States. SAT measures the college readiness of the students. The exam is conducted for a duration of 2 hours and 15 minutes and assesses the mathematics, reading, and writing skills of the candidate. The exam fee is $60 for Indians. Keep reading to learn more SAT exam information- Eligibility, registration, fee waiver, cancellation policy, rescheduling, and more.
This Blog Includes:
Why Take the SAT Exam in 2024?
There are plenty of reasons why students should choose to take the SAT examination in 2024. SAT exam information and the reasons for taking the test are listed below.
- More than 400 colleges in the USA accept the SAT scores. Therefore, the examination is best for those seeking admission to an undergraduate program in the US.
- The examination tests the Mathematics and the English skills of the candidates. Moreover, it is only conducted for 2 hrs and 15 minutes.
- Good SAT scores can strengthen the application of the student
- It is possible to appear for the SAT examination as many times a year as a student wants
- Compared to ACT, SAT does not have negative marks. Moreover, more time is given to students to answer the questions. The examination is also digital compared to the ACT which still follows the pencil and paper test model.
Also Read: SAT exam
SAT Exam Pattern, Duration, and Scores
SAT Exam Information Duration: The SAT examination is conducted for a duration of 2 hours and 15 minutes. The examination patterns consist of 2 sections:
- Evidence-based reading and writing section
- Mathematics section
The SAT exam is measured on a scale between 200-800. The highest SAT score a student can secure is 1600. However, the average SAT score secured by students is 1060.
SAT Eligibility Requirements
SAT Exam Information eligibility: The college board that administers the SAT has not established any particular requirements. The following are the general requirements that candidates must meet:
- Age: There is no upper or lower age restriction for the SAT exam. Those who sit for the test are between the ages of 17 and 19.
- Number of times: There are 7 SAT exams conducted annually. A student may take the test as many times as they like without any restrictions.
- Education: There are no specified requirements for eligibility. Nevertheless, candidates must have completed high school to sit for the exam.
Also Read: ACT vs SAT
SAT Registration 2024
SAT Exam Information registration-To take the SAT exam, students must register for the same. The SAT 2024 registration can be done online and offline. Candidates must create a login ID on the official website to start the online registration process. The steps for the online registration process are as follows:
- Visit the official website of SAT, create an account and submit the necessary details
- Next, choose the examination the student wants to take at the nearest exam center.
- Upload a photograph, pay the application fee to complete the registration process
SAT Slot Booking 2024
It is recommended to book the SAT test in advance. The reason is there are only a limited number of seats available at the designated test center. It is best to choose a test center near the house of the candidate for convenience purposes.
How to Postpone or Reschedule SAT Exam Date?
SAT Exam Information regarding postponement and rescheduling-The SAT examination can be postponed or rescheduled by paying additional fees. To cancel the examination the test taker has to pay an additional fee of $35.
SAT Exam Fees 2024
SAT Exam Information Fees: The SAT exam fee for 2024 is $60 (INR 4970). It includes a regional fee of $43 (INR 3,562) that all international applicants have to pay.
SAT Fee Waivers & Benefits
SAT Exam Information Fee waiver: SAT fee waiver is provided to those requiring financial aid. Eligible students can talk to the school counselor to get a fee waiver. However, those who have been homeschooled can request a direct fee waiver. The SAT fee waiver benefits include:
- 2 chances to access answer services
- 2 free SAT tests
Also Read: SAT Preparation Tips
The SAT examination is an undergraduate entrance examination taken by students who want to study abroad. For example, students seeking admission to UG programs in the USA.
There are no specific exam eligibility criteria for SAT. However, the students must have cleared the high school examination.
The difficulty of the SAT examination vary on the basis of skills and preparation of the individual. Therefore, there is no particular answer to this question.
Utilize Leverage Edu’s Leverage Live classes to enhance your English scores and improve your college application. This way you will increase your chances of securing a spot in your dream college. You can also call us at Ph: 1800-572-000.