Hardware engineering involves designing and developing computer systems and their physical components. It also includes extensive testing, modification of initial designs, and maintenance tasks such as product updates. Hardware engineers are known by several names such as computer hardware engineer, computer engineer, and computer vision engineer. Hardware engineers also collaborate with software engineers and work full-time hours in office and laboratory settings. Keep reading to know more about the hardware engineers’ salaries, hardware engineers’ jobs, hardware engineers’ skills, and hardware engineering colleges that you can apply to.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study Hardware Engineering?
Students can study hardware engineering for the following reasons
- Hardware engineers have a higher income potential than almost any other profession
- It is best for students who prefer hands- on-work in designing and developing physical components.
- The job is engaging and involves creative problem-solving skills
Top Colleges for Hardware Engineering
Below are the best colleges for computer engineering in the world.
|University Name||QS Ranking 2023||Courses||Average Annual Fees|
|MIT||1||Computation and cognition Computational and systems biologyComputational science and engineeringComputer science and molecular biology||$57,590/ INR 47.57 lakh|
|Stanford University||3||Mechanical Engineering||$55,473 / INR 45.84 lakh|
|Tsinghua University||14||Computer Science and Technology||RMB 30,000 per year/3.57 lakh|
|Princeton University||=16||Electrical and computer engineering||USD 57,410/ 47.40 lakh|
|Carnegie Mellon University||52||Biomedical engineering||INR 43.02 lakh|
|The University of California- Berkeley||27||Electrical engineering and computer science||INR 34 lakh per year|
|The University of Michigan||25||Computer science and engineering||IR 48.52 lakh|
|California Institute of Technology||=6||Electrical and computer engineering||$83,598/INR 69.04 lakh|
|The University of Illinois at Urbana||85||Electrical and computer engineering||$46,944/INR 38.76 lakh|
|Georgia Institute of Technology||88||Electrical and computer engineering||$49,648/INR 41 lakh|
Below are the eligibility criteria for getting an admission in hardware engineering courses.
- To become a hardware engineer you need to apply for B.E and B.Tech in computer science or electrical engineering.
- The eligibility for these courses is to clear the 12th examination in science.
- Students will also be required to clear the entrance examination such as JEE and CET.
- For foreign universities, students are required to submit letters of recommendation and statements of purpose.
- Along with this, they will also have to present the English eligibility proficiency score such as clearing the IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE examination.
- Apart from this, students will have to present the GRE entrance score as well for admission.
Also Read- Best engineering courses 2022
Below is the application process that can be followed by students to become hardware engineers.
- Contact Leverage Edu experts to help you in finding the best suitable course for you using the AI course finder.
- The counselors will help the student to start the application process with the respective university.
- Important documents such as the SOP, LORs, and English proficiency score have to have complied
- Finally, the student will be assisted to start the application process for the student visa, accommodation, scholarships, and student loans.
- Lastly, the student can wait for the offer letter which usually takes around 4-6 weeks.
Hardware Engineering requires both soft skills and hard skills. Below are the skills required to become a hardware engineer.
|Hard Skills||Soft Skills|
|Knowlege of operating systems such as Windows, Unix, etc||Analytical thinking|
|Computer-aided design||Communication skills|
|Computing languages such as C and C++||Critical thinking|
Hardware Engineering Salary
Below are the hardware engineer salaries in India and other countries. Do note that the average salary for hardware engineering in India is INR 3.2 lakh per annum.
|Country||Average salary per annum||Salary in INR|
|USA||$135,657||INR 1.12 cr|
|UK||£39,965||INR 39.79 lakh|
|Australia||$85,000||INR 47.26 lakh|
|New Zealand||NZD 132,042||INR 67.14 lakh|
Hardware engineering scope in India are as follows.
- Hardware engineering has become a popular field. Hence, hardware engineers are required in areas such as disturbed vision, mobile computing, computer vision, mobile computing, robotics, and so on.
- Hardware engineers get paid 33% more than the average salary in India. Employment is likely to reach 6% more in this sector by 2028.
- Those interested to become a lecturer can pursue a Master’s degree in this field. Moreover, a Bachelor’s degree can make students eligible to take the GATE exam. Candidates who clear this exam are usually hired by government organizations.
Hardware Engineering Top Recruiters
Below are the hardware engineering top recruiters in India.
|8||Tata Consultancy Services|
Also Read- BE electronics
Ans. Yes. Hardware engineers require coding experience.
Ans. Yes. Hardware engineering is a good career as it is financially rewarding and challenging.
Ans. The maximum salary of a hardware engineer is INR 15 lakh per annum.
Hardware engineering is a career that involves researching, designing, developing, and testing computer systems and its components. Hardware engineers are hired in computer hardware development industry in several public and private companies. Need help with study abroad admissions? Call us at 1800 572 000 and book our free 30-minute counseling session today.