Automotive Engineering is one of the most in-demand courses in the world. Pursuing automotive engineering will open the doors to many opportunities for students. Canada is among the leading countries for education and offers diverse engineering courses including automotive engineering. Canadian universities are known to offer top-notch education to students. The country is known to provide the best skills and facilities to students. And if you wish to know more about studying automotive engineering in Canada, continue reading the blog to find out more.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study Automotive Engineering in Canada?
Take a look at the reasons to pursue this course in Canada:
- Automotive Engineering courses in Canada are aimed to provide an advanced level of knowledge related to the field.
- It is one of the highly demanded fields in Canada providing opportunities in various industries including automobile, aerospace and more.
- Canada is the home of many prestigious universities, featuring in QS world ranking of top universities 2023.
- Students will get a chance to learn from the industry professionals
- Pursuing automotive engineering will equip students with a deeper understanding of the concepts of the subject and get hands-on practice
Also Read: Top Automobile Engineering Colleges
Top Universities and Automotive Courses in Canada
Check out the top universities and automotive engineering courses to pursue in Canada:
|Universities||QS World Ranking 2023|
|University of Alberta||110|
|University of Waterloo||154|
|University of Toronto||34|
|University of British Columbia||47|
|University of Calgary||242|
|University of Windsor||751-800|
|University of Ottawa||237|
- MS in Automotive Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology – Automotive and Vehicle Technology
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering – Automotive
- Bachelor of Automation and Robotics
- Diploma Certificate in Motive Power Technician
- Diploma Certificate in Building Automation Systems Operation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Automotive Engineering
- Graduate Certificate in Industrial Automation
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering – Automotive
Given are the eligibility criteria that a candidate must meet to study automotive engineering in Canada:
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field of Engineering from a recognized university.
- Qualify for the entrance examination for admission to the program, if any.
- A candidate is required to submit their English-language proficiency test such as IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, and Cambridge English, in case the candidate is a non-English native.
- The candidate must have an exceptional academic record.
- Candidates are also required to submit additional documents such as a CV/Resume and LOR
Also Read: Engineering Universities in Canada
Given below are the steps to apply for automotive engineering in Canada:
- Before applying the candidate must check the eligibility criteria
- To register for the course, the candidates should visit the official website
- The candidate must complete the registration process by providing the required information to obtain the login credentials
- The candidate will be sent a link to verify their profile
- Next, use the login credential to log in to the application portal
- Click on the “apply for starting the application”
- Fill out all the required information accurately and click on the “save” button to save all the details
- Finally, submit the application form, all application is email approved and provided with an online receipt
Scope of Automotive Engineering in Canada
Canada holds significance in the automotive industry with companies like General Motors, Ford, and Honda operating in the country. The research and development opportunities are also profound in the country. These facilities undertake cutting-edge research practices focused on design and advanced systems to develop new automotive technologies. The Canadian government encourages investments in the automotive sector and offers various incentives to promote research, development, and manufacturing activities.
Jobs and Salary
|Job Profile||Avg Salary|
|Automotive Design Engineer||$122,084 per year|
|Automotive Engineering Technician||$122,084 per year|
|Manufacturing Engineer||$119,401 per year|
|Operations Research||$107,460 per year|
|Safety Engineer||$126,819 per year|
|Vehicle Designer||$56,805 per year|
|Quality Assurance Engineer||$123,324 per year|
Also Read: How to Become a Software Engineer?
It is one of the highly demanded fields in Canada providing opportunities in various industries including automobile, aerospace and more. Automotive Engineering courses in Canada are aimed to provide an advanced level of knowledge related to the field.
Canada holds significance in the automotive industry with companies like General Motors, Ford, and Honda operating in the country. The research and development opportunities are also profound in the country. These facilities undertake cutting-edge research practices focused on design and advanced systems to develop new automotive technologies.
The average salary of an automotive engineer in Canada is $122,084 per year.
We hope that this blog has provided you with relevant information on automotive engineering in Canada. And if you wish to study abroad, contact Leverage Edu for full assistance. You can also call us at 1800572000 and book a free session today!