Global Talent Visa is an immigration category in the UK for talented people in sectors such as arts & culture, digital technology, academics & research who wish to work in the UK. Global Talent Visa UK replaced the Tier 1 visa in the year 2020. This visa allows leaders to settle after 3 years in the UK and potential leaders after 5 years. Check the below article to learn more about eligibility criteria, documents required, application process, validity, processing time, etc.
|Validity of global talent visa||5 years|
|Processing time of global talent visa||3 weeks|
|Minimum age to apply for a global talent visa||18 years|
Also Read: Types of UK Visa for India Students
This Blog Includes:
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Global Talent Visa UK
An individual can apply for this visa to work in the UK if he/she is a leader or potential leader in any of the fields mentioned below and he/she must be at least 18 years of age.
- Digital technology
- Arts and Culture
- Academics or research
Documents Required to Apply for Global Talent Visa UK
The documents required to apply for a visa in the UK depend on the type of qualification such as:
Academia & Research – A letter is required from the head of the HR of the organization where he/she is going to work. The letter must contain the following:
- Name, position, and department
- Mention the state that got the position after applying through an open competition via advertisement
- The state where the candidate was interviewed by 4 seniors from the organisation where he/she will be working
- Lastly, mention the state that the candidate handled in at least three reference
Arts & Culture – Check the documents listed below:
- An updated resume
- Three recommendation letters stating how the writer is known to you, a list of achievements, and details about what he/she will learn from this program and benefit the UK
- At least ten pieces of evidence attested with your achievements such as recognition from international media, international awards, appearances, or exhibitions
Digital Technology – The list of documents is mentioned below:
- Three letters of recommendation from organisations established in digital technology
- Evidence that you have set up a business in digital technology or was a senior member of it in the last five years
- Ten pieces of evidence to show your qualifications and eligibility
Application Process of Global Talent Visa UK
The application process for the Visa UK is divided into two parts:
- Applying for endorsement – An endorsement is required to be attested to prove the fact that you are actually a leader or a potential leader from your field. In order to submit the application the candidates are required to visit the visas and immigration website of the UK home office and register using the email address. Submission of the documents and payment of the endorsement fee is required. Depending upon which field you will work in the UK home office will forward your application for review to the endorsement bodies. Depending upon which organisation will review the application the processing time ranges from one to eight weeks.
- Applying for a global talent visa – After receiving an endorsement, the candidates must apply for the visa by submitting the endorsement letter and other documents as requested. However, the candidates must apply only three months from the departure date. The candidates will receive the visa within three weeks.
Validity of Global Talent Visa UK
Global talent visa is valid for five years and it can also be renewed. If the applicant is a leader or an exceptional talent, he/she can apply for settlement in the UK after 3 years of residence and applicants who are potential leaders can apply for settlement after 5 years.
Fees to be Paid
The total fee per person for the visa UK is £608.
- £456 for the endorsement
- £152 for the visa (£97 if the candidate is from Turkey or North Macedonia)
Is it Possible to Switch to a Global Talent Visa?
If the candidate is already in the UK through any of the following visas then he/she can switch to a global talent visa:
- Tier 1 Visa
- Tier 2 Visa
- Tier 5 Visa
- Start-up Visa
- Innovator Visa
Note: Make sure the visa is valid while applying for the global talent visa.
The validity of a global talent visa is 5 years. The candidate can apply for an extension after the expiry.
The applicants will receive the visa within three weeks of application.
Candidates who are a leader or potential leaders in fields such as academics & research, arts & culture, and digital technology are eligible for the visa UK.
We hope you now understand what is global tourist visa UK and its application process. Want to apply for a Visa for your study abroad journey? Drop us a comment in the section below, or you can connect with a visa expert at Leverage Edu, and we will guide you on your dream journey!