Diploma in Paramedical Science is generally a 2-year diploma-level program in the field of paramedical science. It is designed to equip students with the necessary skills required for medical support and diagnostic services. This course reflects the role of the pre-hospital and out-of-hospital workers. By opting for this course, students get to learn about clinical skills, theoretical knowledge, medical equipment, and more. If you want to get a diploma and learn information about Paramedical Sciences, then you should definitely read this blog!
|Course Name||Diploma of Paramedical Science|
|Course Duration||1-2 years|
|Average Tuition Fees||$11,450 – $38,239|
|Scope||Nurses, Physiotherapists, Medical Lab Technicians, OT Technicians, Radiologists|
This Blog Includes:
Also Read: Diploma in Radiology
Why Study Diploma of Paramedical Science?
Pursuing a Paramedical Science course unlocks a wide range of benefits and job opportunities for students around the world. If you are unsure about whether it is the right fit for your career, here are a few reasons that can help you make the decision:
- A Diploma in Paramedical Science offers a wide range of career options in the healthcare industry.
- Compared to other popular courses, a Diploma in Paramedical Science is relatively shorter. This allows students to enter the workforce and start making a difference.
- Through real-world exposure, students learn how to handle medical equipment, provide patient care, and perform diagnostic procedures.
- There is a high demand for skilled paramedical professionals which offers ample job opportunities for graduates of this field.
- This dynamic course offers a chance to make revolutionary changes in the medical field by working alongside the best doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals.
Top Universities to Study Diploma of Paramedical Science
If you wish to pursue a diploma in Paramedical Science, then it is important to know about the different university choices available. This will help you in shortlisting one according to your requirements, and preferences, and preparing accordingly.
|Name of the University||QS Rank||Name of the Program||Duration||Annual Tuition Fee (Approx)|
|Auckland University of Technology||407||Diploma in Paramedic Science||1 year||$38,400 – $42,100|
|TAFE Queensland||NA||Diploma of Anaesthetic Technology and Practice||2 years||$21,790 – $26,000|
|La Trobe University||242||Diploma of Rural Health||1 year||$7,501 – $11,450|
|NZSE College||NA||Diploma in Community Healthcare and Support (Level 7)||Full-time: 1 yearPart-time: 2 years||$1592 – $2632|
|The University of Sydney||19||Graduate Diploma in International Ophthalmology||1 year||$24298 – $27400|
Also Read: Study Diploma in Pharmacy
As an international student who wishes to pursue a Diploma of Paramedical Science, you need to fulfill the eligibility criteria. Although it differs depending on factors such as country, university, and program you wish to pursue, here is what it generally includes:
- Students must have a qualified high school with the relevant Science subjects with a minimum of 50%.
- Students are required to have a medical degree from a recognized university.
- Applicants must also qualify for entrance exams conducted by the university with at least the minimum score required (depending on the university)
- Students are required to achieve at least the minimum English Proficiency Test score (depending on the university).
Once you are certain about the university and college you want to attend, the next thing to focus on is collecting the required documents. It includes:
- Students are required to submit their official academic transcripts.
- Applicants must submit a Statement of Purpose (SOP) along with a Letter of Recommendation (LOR).
- Updated CV or resume is also required to proceed with the application.
- A photocopy of your visa and passport is also required during the admission process.
Also Read: Diploma in Engineering
3. Now shortlist a university using Leverage Edu AI University Course Finder for convenience.
4. Once the application process begins, browse the official website of your preferred university. Check the eligibility and documents required.
5. Register by filling in your personal and academic details. Make sure to keep the details the same as mentioned in the official records.
6. Now, upload all the necessary documents to move to the next step.
7. Finally, pay the application fee and submit your application.
8. Once you are offered a seat in the university, arrange the funding and begin the visa process.
Scope in Diploma of Paramedical Science
A diploma in Paramedical Science is a great option for students who want to acquire training in the field of medical care. This comprehensive course equips students with different skills to facilitate medical assistance in emergencies. Graduates of this course can pursue careers as medical assistants, paramedics, and other pre-hospital care sectors.
Once you complete your Diploma of Paramedical Science, you can pursue a job in different fields such as:
The answer to this question depends on your individual preferences and interests. Nonetheless, the most popular diploma courses are the Diploma in Ophthalmic Technology (DOT), Diploma in Pharmacy (DPharm), Diploma in Dental Hygiene (DDH), and Diploma in Dental Mechanics (DDM).
Yes, Paramedical is indeed one of the most preferred and decent paying job fields for students. It offers different career options and a chance to help people in need with clinical skills learned throughout the course.
Aspirants who wish to pursue paramedical courses after high school should take up the Science stream.
This blog covers all the information you need to know about the Diploma of Paramedical Science. If you have queries or suggestions, drop them in the comments below. For further help, our expert team at Leverage Edu is available to assist you. Drop us a call at 1800572000 today to get an absolutely free counseling session!