The U.S.A. provides high-quality and flexible education. Moreover, the country has an excellent support system for international students and is incredibly diverse. Hence, pursuing B.com from the U.S. is a great idea. As a B.com student in the U.S., you will get to learn commerce, trade, economy, and related concepts in a detailed manner. In this blog, you’ll find everything related to B.com in USA.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study B.Com in the U.S.A?
- Top Universities for B.com in the U.S.A
- B.Com in USA: Syllabus
- B.com in USA: Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- B.com in USA: Application Process
- B.com in USA: Cost Of Study
- B.com in USA: Job prospects
Why Study B.Com in the U.S.A?
The top reasons why students choose to pursue B.ccom in USA are as follows:
- The USA has some of the best QS-ranked universities
- High demand for professionals with an understanding of commerce
- Enjoy the cultural diversity and lively campus life that the university offers
- Have a successful career after completing B.com
Top Universities for B.com in the U.S.A
These are the best universities for B.com in USA:
|The University name||Institution Type||Qs World Ranking 2023||Qs Subject Ranking 2022||Program||Annual Average Fee|
|University of Notre Dame||Private||243||123||Bachelor in commerce (Finance)||43500 USD / INR 3450970|
|Cornell University||Private||20||36||B.com||50900 USD / INR 4038031|
|University of Maryland||Public||164||161||B.com (Finance)||30000 USD / INR 2379979|
|Colorado State University||Public||408||11||B.com (Economics)||$25300/INR 2007116|
|University of California||Public||235||151||B.A in Business Economics, B.A Business Informatics||15000 – 20000 USD / INR 11 Lakhs – 15 Lakhs|
The University of Notre Dame
It is an excellent choice for pursuing B.com in the U.S. It comes under the best business universities in the world. The University of Notre Dame equips its students with both conceptual and technical skills in commerce. You will be able to build a strong foundation in business and finance with 8 courses. It includes Accounting, Business IT, Economics, Business Law, Business Communication, Principles of Management, and Marketing.
Pursuing Bcom from Cornell University will enable you to solve the economic challenges of the world. You will be educated on business principles and management techniques. Moreover, you will be able to learn about business analytics, Marketing, Investment Banking, and accounting laws in the course.
University of Maryland
The University of Maryland is known as one of the best universities for teaching programs. Here, the students will get real-world experience with concepts of commerce, finance, accounting, and business management from top faculty members.
Colorado State University
It comes among the best BCom colleges in USA. Students opting for further studies at Colorado State university will be able to learn extensively about economic concepts, World Business Laws, Trade, Finance, and Investment banking. The university gives importance to both practical and theoretical learning. Students can also take advantage of the various internship opportunities that are included in the curriculum.
University of California
The University of California helps students to cover all important aspects of commerce. For example, Principles of Economics, Public Theory, and Global Economy. You can increase your knowledge of concepts such as Business informatics, Business Analytics, Business Administration, Marketing, Banking, and Finance. You will also be able to take advantage of the internship opportunities and projects for overall development offered by the university.
B.Com in USA: Syllabus
B.Com general subjects are as follows
|12.||Management and Information Systems|
Must Read: B Com Syllabus
B.com in USA: Eligibility Criteria
These are the requirements to study B.com in USA for Indian students.
- High school qualification- A high school qualification with at least 60% marks is required as B.com admission eligibility.
- English language proficiency– Students have to show proof of English language proficiency. For this purpose, they can take up exams like IELTS and TOEFL.
- U.S. student Visa and Passport are other requirements that a student would have to fulfil.
- Study Gap- A justified gap of 2-3 years is accepted by the universities
The following are the documents required for applying to universities.
|2||3 LOR (Letter Of Recommendation)|
|3||SOP (Statement Of Purpose)|
|4||Standardised test score|
|5||English language proficiency score|
|6||U.S.A study permit|
|7||Copies of passport|
|8||Passport size photos|
|9||Your updated Resume|
B.com in USA: Application Process
The application process for applying to the universities in the USA is as follows:
- First of all, you would have to be clear about the degree and the specialization that you want to pursue.
- Next, check the official websites of the universities and colleges that are offering the program.
- Look for the eligibility criteria and the admission process of the respective colleges
- Next, fill out the application form and submit the scanned documents, pay the application fee and wait for a response from the university
- When you get selected you will be given an acceptance letter. You would also receive a call for an interview
- Once you clear the interview you can pay your tuition fees and enrol yourself in the university
B.com in USA: Cost Of Study
The USA college fees for Indian students vary from university to university. It depends upon whether you are pursuing your studies at a public or private institution. The course that you have selected also plays an important role in it. The living expenses in the US for international students are completely dependent upon the lifestyle of the student. Here, is an estimate of the cost of the study and living expenses in the U.S.
|Cost Of Study||$25000 to $75000 (INR 20.6- 62 lakh)|
|Cost Of Living||900-1000 USD per month (INR 74,509- 82,788 lakh)|
Must Read: Student Accommodation in USA
These are the scholarship for Bcom in USA in 2022 that Indian students can avail
|Scholarship Name||Type||B.com scholarship amount|
|Tata scholarship- Cornell Univesity||Need-based||Variable|
|Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai scholarship||Merit-based||$150,000|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||Merit-based||$1,000 (INR 82,787)|
|Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship||Merit-based||Variable|
|VueVille Future Technology Scholarship||Merit-based||$1,000 (INR 82,787)|
|Innovation in education scholarship||Merit-based||$500 (INR 41,347)|
|Go clean scholarship||Merit-based||$3,500 ( INR 286649)|
|Presidential Premier- Florida International university||Merit-based||Fully funded|
|Libermann Scholarship, Duquesne University||Merit-based||5000 USD – 22000 USD
( INR 4.13 -18.21 lakh)
B.com in USA: Job prospects
Here is the job list and salary after completing B.com in USA.
|Job position||Average Job Salary|
|Marketing Manager||50000 USD|
|Financial Analyst||81000 USD|
|Operations Manager||103000 USD|
The United States Of America is the best country for B.com. It has a total of 14 universities from the top 50 best institutions for business and management studies.
A Bachelor of Commerce in corporate law has the highest salary.
B.com is course-specific and BBA is best for those who want to develop skills in management.
Pursuing B.com from the USA is a great idea. It will provide you with high-quality education and better job prospects. Need assistance with studying abroad? Call us at 1800 572 000 and book our free 30 min counselling session.