Average ACT Score for NC State: North Carolina State University, or NC State Uni, stands as one of the most esteemed public research universities in the United States. Drawing students from across the globe each year, NC State’s allure lies in its exceptional education, premium facilities, and generous scholarships. Amidst the influx of applications, NC State upholds stringent admissions standards, welcoming students with outstanding academic and extracurricular achievements.
While the university considers average ACT scores for admissions, the benchmark of 30 may pose a challenge for some. Nevertheless, with dedicated preparation, unwavering effort, and persistence, you too can attain this competitive score and boost your chances of acceptance. To gain a thorough understanding of NC State’s average ACT score, delve into this comprehensive blog.
|Name of the University||NC State|
|Rank||#274 in QS World Ranking 2024|
|Minimum GPA||3.8 or higher|
This Blog Includes:
Average ACT Score Requirement for NC State University: Score vs Percentile
The average ACT score for NC State University is 30. While securing such a score can improve your chances of being selected for the institute’s undergraduate programmes, it is recommended that you strive to score above this average range. This is because securing a score higher than the average ACT score will make your candidacy stand out from the rest of your competition and thus catch the attention of the admissions committee. A good ACT score for NC State University ranges from 31 to 32. This scoring range will place you in the 75th percentile, thus consolidating your place in the selection list. On the other hand, a score of 27 to 28 will place you in the 25th percentile range, which is considered mediocre by NC State’s standards. Scoring within this scoring range can eventually hinder your chances of being admitted to the university’s undergraduate programs. This is primarily because scoring in the 25th percentile on the ACT test places you with a general pool of applicants, as such scores are easily achievable by many and do not make your candidacy stand out to the admissions committee.
How to Get Good ACT Scores for NC State University?
Securing ACT scores within a range of 31-32 may seem challenging to some at first glance. However, with prior preparation and practice, you can definitely achieve good scores on the ACT exam. Here are some of the best preparation tips to help you score better ACT scores for NC State University.
- Commence your preparations early to allow ample time for thorough revisions. Dedicate at least 6-8 months to comprehensive ACT exam preparation, avoiding last-minute cramming.
- Address your weaknesses by solving more sample papers. This will not only let you identify and rectify errors but will also instill confidence in tackling challenging questions. Make use of sample papers, study guides, and online prep courses to better understand the exam and its nuances.
- Utilize prep resources to gain insights into the exam’s format and structure. This will familiarize you with past year trends, frequently asked questions and their types, and question difficulty levels.
- Revision is crucial for ACT success. Thoroughly revise topics before attempting the ACT exam.
- Enrich your vocabulary and grammar by reading books on a daily basis. You can also watch or listen to English content to expand your vocabulary. Doing so will not only strengthen your understanding of contextual usage but also enable effective application in real-world scenarios.
How to Send Your ACT Score to NC State University?
Refer to the following steps to submit your ACT scores to NC State University.
- Visit the official website of ACT: https://www.act.org/
- Click on the “Sign-in” option.
- Enter your ACT account credentials and click on “Sign In.”
- Select the “Send Your Scores” option.
- Choose the desired ACT test dates and scores to send.
- Enter the university code to which you want your ACT results delivered.
- Review your order and proceed to payment.
- Pay the required fee to complete the transaction.
NC State University is a highly regarded academic institution in the United States and serves as an excellent stepping stone for those seeking higher education in America. The university is stringent about its admissions and takes in only those students who have an exceptional academic track record. That being said, the average ACT score for admission to NC State University is 30. Prospective students should aim for this score or higher to improve their chances of acceptance. Submitting ACT scores can strengthen applicants’ chances of admission to NC State’s rigorous undergraduate programs. The minimum ACT score requirement for admission ranges from 27 to 32.
Ans. The Average ACT score for NC State is 30.
Ans. The minimum ACT score requirement for NC State is 27-32.
Ans. The acceptance rate of NC State University is 47.5.