Priority Visa UK is not a type of visa but a service offered by the home office that allows workers who are planning to change, extend, or switch their current jobs and obtain a new visa within 10 working days. People who are non-EEA nationals under Tier 2 or Tier 4 can apply for a priority visa UK. Under this service, only 60 applications per visa type are processed in a day. Check below the article to know complete details about the priority visa UK.
This Blog Includes:
What is Priority Visa UK?
The candidates can apply for a priority visa UK for their visit, work, or study application (non-settlement). This service fastens their application process at every stage. Candidates are required to pay an extra amount for this service in addition to the visa application fees which are non-refundable even if the visa application is refused, or if it takes longer to process. The Visa service does not guarantee successful approval of their application.
Availability of Priority Visa UK
The Visa service is available for the following:
- All visitor visa customers
- Minister of Religion and dependants
- Short term student
- Global Business Mobility and dependants
- Ancestry and dependants
- Youth Mobility Visa UK
- Scale Up Worker and dependants
- Health and Care Workers and dependants
- Replacement BRP
- International Sportsperson and dependants
- Skilled Workers and dependants
- Global Talent and dependants
- Temporary Work and dependants
- Student, Child Student, and Student Dependant visas
- Overseas Domestic Worker
To apply for this service the candidates are required to be present in the UK and they must hold a Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) or Tier 4 Confirmation of Acceptance (CAS). Check the application process for the visa:
- Candidates are required to contact the visa home office and raise a request for priority service
- After the approval is given from the home office the candidates will be provided a code which will be required to pay the visa fees
- If the application is posted to the wrong address then the visa process will be delayed
- Finally, the documents and the new biometric card will be delivered to the home address
Also Read: UK Visa Requirements for Indians
Restrictions of Priority Visa UK
The candidates cannot apply for this visa service in case of the following:
- If they have refused a visa for the UK
- They have been refused to leave or enter the UK
- Candidates may have been deported, removed, or may have been required to leave the UK
- They may have overstayed a period of leave in the UK
- They have been refused visas for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States of America, and the Schengen countries.
- Candidates might have been detained, interviewed, or prosecuted by the police for any offence in the UK
- They may have an unspent conviction in any country
- They have committed a criminal offence in any country
Processing Time and Cost
The service of this visa costs an additional £500 on the regular visa application fees. As per the current exchange rate, the price in Indian rupees is Rs 47,000.
Eligible applicants who apply for a priority visa UK will receive a decision within 5 working days of their appointment at the application centre (for overseas applicants). Candidates will not get a refund if they do not get a decision in time because the Home Office needs more information or evidence to make the decision. However, the Home Office may initiate a refund if they cannot give a decision in time because of something outside their control, such as, in case of a technical problem.
The UK home office usually gives a decision on the Priority Visa UK application within 5 working days from the day the candidate has submitted their biometric information.
Priority Visa UK service costs INR 23,080 from India within 5 working days. Similarly, the visa fees in Indian Rupees for 6 months, 2 years, 5 years, and 10 years for tourist or visiting applications are Rs. 33,046.
The candidates cannot apply for the visa if they do not have valid permission to enter or remain in the country and they are applying for either: a partner, parent, or dependent child or based on private life in the country using the form FLR(FP).
We hope you now understand what is priority visa UK, the application process, availability, etc. Want to apply for a Visa for your study abroad journey? Drop us a comment in the section below, or you can connect with a visa expert at Leverage Edu, and we will guide you on your dream journey!