NSP Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS (minorities) 2022-23 is a program for minority community students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate technical or professional courses in Indian colleges. NSP Scholarships are the scholarships that are posted on the National Scholarship Portal.
The scholarship is being sponsored by the Government of India’s Ministry of Minority Affairs (MoMA). The scholarship seeks to provide financial help to deserving and disadvantaged students from minority communities so that they can pursue technical and professional courses. The chosen candidates will be awarded course costs as well as a living allowance.
This Blog Includes:
NSP Merit Cum Means Scholarship: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the scholarship. The eligibility criteria are mentioned below for reference.
- Students who are members of minority groups such as Muslims, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jain, Christians, and Parsis/Zoroastrians.
- Students who are enrolled in a technical or professional course at the UG/PG level from a well-known institution
- Students who received a minimum of 50% marks or similar grades in the preceding final examination
- Students who have a family annual income of less than INR 2.50 lakhs,
Also Read: All India Scholarship 2023
How to Apply for NSP Merit Cum Means Scholarship?
Candidates can refer to the steps outlined below to fill out the application form for the NSP Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS (Minorities) 2022-23. Before filling out the application form, candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria.
- Visit the official website of the scholarship.
- Go to ‘Applicant Corner’ and select ‘New Registration’.
- Go to the link that says ‘Click Here’ for further NSP Scholarship Schemes offered for the Academic Year 2022-23’.
- Read the rules carefully, choose the appropriate one, then click ‘Continue’.
- Choose the state, the scholarship category (such as Pre Matric), and the type of scheme, and fill in the student’s name, birth date cellphone number, and email address.
- Thereafter, provide your bank account information.
- Write your Aadhaar number or Bank Account Number as your identity information and click on ‘Register’.
- The cellphone number would be validated and an OTP would be sent.
- Sign in using your OTP and complete the application form.
- Following submitting the application form, an ID and password would be produced. Save it for reference.
Benefits of the Merit Cum Means Scholarship
Students who have been selected under the NSP Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS will get the following benefits.
- Scholarship of Rs. 20,000/- each year (both for hostellers and day scholars of UG/PG courses).
- Maintenance Allowance For Class XI & XII including Technical & Vocational courses.
- Maintenance Allowance of Rs. 1,000/- per month for Hosteller; Rs. 500/- per month for Day Scholar for ten months in an academic year.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship Selection Criteria
The following criteria will be used to shortlist the deserving applicants by the selection authorities. Let us look at the steps involved in the selection criteria :
The amount of scholarships has been determined per state/UT based on the community-based minority population of the states/UTs as of Census 2001 (2017-18) and 2011 (2018-20). Scholarships will be awarded based on merit to candidates from the designated colleges within the state allotment. If the number of such pupils exceeds the State/Community quota, the standard merit list criteria will be used. In the case of a tie, income will be considered.
Scholars will be eligible for scholarship renewal if they received 50% in the previous year’s examinations in the same subject and at the same institute. All authorities (as defined by the Ministry of Minority Affairs) must verify and approve the applicants’ applications for scholarships.
Also Read: UP Scholarships
Terms and Conditions
Candidates must attentively go through the terms and conditions of the Merit Cum Means Scholarship to avoid confusion.
- A 30% scholarship is earmarked for female students from each minority group in a State/UT. It is transferrable to male students from that community if female students are not available in the concerned State/UT.
- The continuation of the award (for renewal candidates) will be contingent on obtaining 50% in the preceding year’s test.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to no more than two students from the same family (applicable for all scholarship schemes meant for minorities under this Ministry taken together).
- If a student breaches school discipline or any other scholarship rules and conditions, the scholarship may be revoked or cancelled. If the state government/union territory administration is satisfied with the reasons for the breach of the award, they may revoke the scholarship directly.
- If a student is proven to have acquired a scholarship by making false statements, the scholarship would be terminated immediately, and the sum given will be retrieved by the respective state/UT government.
- The student who receives benefits under this programme is not permitted to get benefits under any other scheme.
- The programme shall be examined at regular intervals by the Ministry or any other agency selected by the Ministry, with the Ministry of Minority Affairs bearing the expense of the evaluation under the plan’s provisions.
- The State/Union Territory should post on its website any significant financial and physical accomplishments.
- The scholarship payment shall only be credited to the candidate’s Aadhaar registered bank account.
- When applying for the scholarship, qualified candidates must provide their Aadhaar number, and if they do not have an Aadhaar number, they must provide the information of other identification documents.
In conclusion, Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses like Computer Science can play a crucial role in helping students reach their full potential. By providing them with financial support and recognition for their academic achievements, this type of scholarship can help students achieve their career goals and make a meaningful impact in their chosen field.
Students who belong to the minority groups such as Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain, and Parsis/Zoroastrians are eligible for NSP Merit Cum Means Scholarship.
When applying for the scholarship, qualified candidates must provide their Aadhaar number, and if they do not have an Aadhaar number, they must provide the information of other identification documents.
Maintenance Allowance of Rs. 1,000/- per month for hostellers will be provided under the NSP Merit Cum Means Scholarship.