The ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2023 is an opportunity provided by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for students who are interested in pursuing a PhD degree with a fee relaxation. This initiative aims to clear out any funding obstacles for students so that, they can continue with their research work and contribute to global value by developing new theories worth making a universal change.
Applicants who get selected for the ICAI Doctoral Scholarship receive funding worth INR 3.0 lakhs in the monthly distribution of INR 50,000, and a contingency grant worth INR 50,000. The ICAI will release the application form tentatively at the end of July 2023. Check a detailed overview of the ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Scheme including the eligibility, and application process, along with other relevant details mentioned in this blog.
|Scholarship Name||ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Scheme|
|Offered by||The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India|
|Date of Application||July 2023 (Tentative)|
|Amount||INR. 3.0 Lakhs|
|Age Limit||Less than 40 years|
|Eligible Candidate||Registered PhD scholars|
|Number of scholarships||Not applicable|
This Blog Includes:
ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Eligibility Criteria 2023
Candidates who are willing to apply for the ICAI Doctoral Scholarship should note that the concerned authority requires the applicants to fulfil certain conditions to be eligible for the scholarship. Therefore, applicants are advised to go through the following ICAI Eligibility Criteria very carefully.
- Aspiring candidates applying for the scholarship must hold an ICAI membership to be eligible for the scholarship scheme.
- The ICAI scheme requires candidates to be aged less than 40 years at the time of application.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to hold at least 75% of marks in 10th and 12th to qualify for the ICAI scholarship.
- Candidates applying for the scholarship should not have an annual family income of more than INR 3 lakhs from all income sources.
- Since the doctoral scholarship is offered to PhD researchers. Candidates must be enrolled in a regular PhD course at a recognised university or college at the time of application.
- There is a strict prohibition on availing of any other scholarship for the whole duration of PhD if the candidate has already been awarded the ICAI Doctoral Scholarship.
Also Read: GREAT Scholarship 2023
ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2023 Application Process
The ICAI will soon release the application form for the scholarship on its official website. Candidates planning to apply for the scholarship scheme must check the ICAI application process given below to apply successfully.
- To begin filling in the application form, candidates need to visit the official ICAI website and read the instructions attentively.
- The registration process requires candidates to submit their proposal and abstract for the research within a word limit of 3000 and 300 words, respectively.
- Candidates will further be required to complete their scholarship applications by submitting enclosers containing the stamped applications by the supervisors assisting the concerned research work.
Also Read: SAT Scholarship
Before applying for the ICAI Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2023, it is advisable for the candidates to keep a scanned copy of the following documents to avoid the last-minute hustle. The documents will be subject to the approval of the ICAI Scholarship authorities.
- A copy of the ICAI membership certification.
- A printed copy of PhD enrolment or registration certificate.
- Qualification certificate of NET/M.Phil/SLET
- A 3000 words research proposal
- A 300 words research proposal abstract.
It s important to note that the process of applying for the scholarship is quite lengthy and time-consuming. Moreover, it takes time for the authority to verify the applications and proceed with the approval process of the scholarship. Hence, candidates are advised to begin their application process as soon as the scheme is available.
The ICAI Doctoral Scholarship is provided by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) for students who are interested in pursuing a PhD degree. The ICAI Doctoral Scholarship provides financial help to its applicants in order to help them conduct doctoral research that can model universal development through the result of their theoretical research.
Applicants who have an annual family income lesser than INR 3.0 lakhs, and are currently fulfilling the role of an articled or industrial trainer as per CA are eligible to apply for the ICAI Doctoral Scholarship.
To apply for the ICAI Doctoral Scholarship, interested applicants must visit the official website of ICAI and submit the required documents along with the research abstract with relevant enclosers, stamped by the PhD supervisor before the deadline.
Stay tuned with Leverage Edu for more information related to the various scholarship schemes. And don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.