The Government of Rajasthan introduced the EWS Scholarship Yojana as a scholarship for 10th-pass students. This scholarship will be granted to the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) students of the general category. However, the beneficiary must be a native of the state and must have secured exemplary marks in the secondary examination. Read this blog to find out everything about EWS Scholarship Yojana 2023: eligibility, application process and more.
|Scheme||EWS Scholarship Yojana|
|Administered by||The Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education|
|Eligible Students||For 10th-pass students|
|Scholarship Awards||INR 100 per month for 2 Academic Sessions|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Last Date of Application||31st January 2023|
This Blog Includes:
EWS Scholarship: Overview
The EWS Scholarship Programme is a component of the PM Young Achievers Scholarship Award Programme, which is administered by the Central Department of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Post-matriculated (high school graduates) students from economically disadvantaged communities are eligible for scholarships under this programme. However, beginning this year, students in grades 9 through 12 will be eligible to win scholarships for exceptional academic success through the programme.
EWS Scholarship Yojana Objectives
The initiative’s main goal is to provide unique scholarships and awards to financially disadvantaged students. Scholarships will be awarded to candidates from the Rajasthan Board Secondary Examination’s economically disadvantaged class, as well as to female students with a Class X score of at least 80%.
As a result, students in grades 11 and 12 are authorised to attend lessons on a regular basis. This will pique the kids’ interest in moving further. He could grow into something in the future.
Additionally, the Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education has started this scholarship for 10th-pass students to assist students to complete their schooling and encourage them to perform exceptionally in the Class 10 board.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education grants scholarships for 10th-pass students under its EWS Scholarship Yojana Scheme. The following benefits are included under the scheme:
- Entrance Exam Scholarship: INR 100 per month for the academic year sessions of Classes 11 and 12.
- Secondary School Examination Answer Scholarship: INR 100 per month for academic sessions of Classes 11 and 12.
Must Read: Ayush Scholarship Scheme 2023
The Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education has laid down some eligibility criteria for students who can apply for the EWS Scholarship.
- The student must be a native of Rajasthan.
- Furthermore, the applicant must belong to the Economically Weaker Sections category.
- The scheme also covers Category 1 students of Rajasthan Board Exam Class 10.
- Moreover, the student must have passed Class 10 from recognised schools.
- Student must have secured 80% marks in Class 10 and is willing to opt for regular studies in Class 11 and 12.
- Lastly, the applicant must have cleared Praveshika/Secondary Examination with a minimum of 55% on his/her/their first attempt.
EWS Scholarship Yojana Guidelines
The Rajasthan Government and the Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education have described certain guidelines for the scholarship. According to the state government and the education board:
- Students must complete Classes 11 and 12. Students must go to school regularly for two years.
- Also, students must not change their stream of education in Class 12th. This scholarship for 10th-pass students will lapse in Class 11th if the student changes her/their/his faculty in Class 12th.
- The scholarship will be granted only if students will pursue Class 11th and 12th in recognised academic institutions.
- Money granted under this scholarship will be directly transferred to the bank account of students.
- Scholarship application forms should be submitted online, either through the official website of the Rajasthan education board or through a student login ID created by the school authorities.
To apply for this scholarship for Class 10th pass students, candidates must apply on the official website of the Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education. Students can also visit the schools and apply for the EWS scholarship from the Rajasthan Government.
Online Application Process Through Website
- Visit www.rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in
- Click on EWS Scholarship Yojana Apply Online form.
- Fill in the application form.
- Check the information twice.
- Lastly, confirm and click on the submit button.
Online Application Process Through School
- Students can go to the schools and get the scholarship application form from the concerned authority.
- Then, fill out the application form.
- Submit the application form along with the required documents.
- Lastly, after receiving the application and mandatory documents, school authorities will create a school login ID for the student on the official website of the Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education. Schools will fill out the application form on the website.
Students need to submit a set of documents, as decided by the Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education, to avail of the scholarship for 10th-pass students. Additionally, the state government requires government-issued category certificates, income details, and educational certificates to consider students for EWS Scholarship and provide them with the benefits.
- Economic Weaker Section (EWS) Certificate
- Below Poverty Line (BPL) Certificate
- Annual income record of the family
- Bank account statement
- Aadhar Card
- Jan Aadhar Card
- Fee receipt
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Passport-size photos of students
- Applications will be reviewed.
- Additionally, based on their academic performance and financial status, a list of selected applicants will be prepared.
- Lastly, the selected students must take part in a phone interview. (If necessary, the remaining selected students may be required to attend an interview in person).
Ans. The government of Rajasthan introduced the EWS Scholarship Yojana to encourage students to complete their schooling. This scholarship for 10th-pass students is administered by the Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education.
Ans. Under this scholarship scheme, students receive INR 100 per month in their bank accounts during the two academic years. Each academic year must not be less than 10 months.
Ans. EWS Scholarship Yojana 2023 application form is available on the official website of the Rajasthan education board and in schools affiliated with the Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education.
Scholarships by governments encourage and enable students to move toward a brighter future. Class 10 students of Rajasthan can apply for EWS Scholarship Yojana 2023 to get monetary benefits during the academic sessions of Classes 11th and 12th.