Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme: The Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT) implemented the Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme (CTSSS) in 1982 at the National level. The Scheme is designed to provide financial aid to exceptionally talented children selected between the age group of 10 to 14 years studying either in government-recognised schools or to the children who belong to families where the traditional form of performing arts is still practised.
The scholarship is aimed at helping children to get specialised training in various cultural fields such as traditional forms of music, dance, drama, painting, sculpture, crafts and literary activities.
|Name of the Scholarship
|Cultural Talent Search Scholarship
|Scholarship Sponsored by
|Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT)
|Level of Scholarship
|Age-Group for Scholarship
|10-14 years of age
|Total Number of Scholarships
|Mode of Application
|Online and Offline (by post)
This Blog Includes:
Notification of Commencement
The applications for Cultural Talent Search Scholarship 2023 are expected to begin in March 2023 and go on till April 2023. The announcement of the application will be made by post in prescribed proforma through advertisement in employment news and leading newspapers of the States/UT in English, Hindi and Vernacular languages and the same information along with the application form will be uploaded on the CCRT’s website.
Also Read: Centre for Cultural Resources and Training
The award of scholarship of the Cultural Talent Search Scholarship is INR 3600 per year for each candidate. Additionally, the candidate will also get reimbursement of the actual amount of tuition fee paid to the Guru/Teacher up to a maximum amount of INR 9,000 per year.
Also Read: Tata Steel Millennium Scholarships 2023
The candidates for the Cultural Talent Search Scholarship 2023 will be selected based on the decisions of two designated committees set up by the Centre for Cultural Resources and Training.
- Central Selection Committee (CSC)
The CCRT constituted a Central Selection Committee to shortlist candidates that are to be called for personal interview/tests. The committee’s call will be the final decision. The shortlisted candidates will be informed about the dates, timings and venue of the interview/test via post which will be conducted at the Regional level during the months of May-August of every year.
- Regional Selection Committee (RSC)
Regional Selection Committee (RSC) is constituted by the CCRT for organising on-the-spot interviews/tests at the regional level. The RSC meetings are conducted at approximately 20 different venues all over the different states/UTs for recommending eligible children for the award of scholarships and for the extension of old scholarships (if applicable).
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarship
The applicant must be aware of the eligibility criteria one must fulfil to avail of the scholarship. The pointers mentioned below are the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
- Candidates must be citizens of India.
- Candidates should have a good general education to successfully complete their training.
- Candidates must demonstrate their motivation to successfully complete their programme.
- Candidates must already have some level of expertise in the topic of study they are applying for, as the scholarships are intended for advanced training rather than for novices.
- As of the first day of April in the year that the application is being filed, the candidate’s age must be between 18 and 25. Age concessions are not permitted.
- The aspirant must have completed at least five years of training with their guru(s) or institute(s). The application should be submitted with the Certificate to this effect in Part II of the Proforma, properly signed by the current Guru/Institute and the old Guru/Institute (if any).
As stated above, there are a total of 650 scholarships up for grabs. However, certain seats are reserved in the manner detailed below:
|Children belonging to families practising traditional arts
|Students applying in the field of Creative Writing/Literary Arts
|Divyang (differently-abled) children
How To Apply for the Scholarship?
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must be aware of the steps for application. For your easy reference, we have mentioned below the steps to apply for the scholarship scheme.
- First, select the ‘Apply Now’ option.
- Click the “Register” button and provide the information requested during registration. (Note – Log in with your Gmail, mobile phone, or email ID if you have previously registered.)
- Download the application form in step three.
- Complete the necessary information and attach the important documents.
Also Read: Tata Realty Scholarship for Girls
The candidates that fall between the age group of 10-14 enrolled in government-recognised schools or belong to a family practising a traditional form of art are eligible for the Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme 2023.
A total of 650 candidates will receive the Cultural Talent Search Scholarship 2023.
The candidates will be selected based on the decision of the Regional Selection Committee and Central Selection Committee for the Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme 2023.
Getting a scholarship is a big step towards achieving your goals whether you are in school or college. So if you’re looking for a scholarship, do not forget to send the applications on or before the deadline! We hope this article proves useful for candidates looking to avail the benefits of this scholarship.