DPS RK Puram Admission for the 2023-2024 session started in December 2022 and will conclude in March 2023. This eminent branch of Delhi Public School provides new admission in Nursery, Class I, Class IX, and Class XI. Admission formalities for junior school students are carried out in DPS East of Kailash and DPS Vasant Vihar, whereas, the formalities for Classes XI and XII can be completed in DPS RK Puram.
This blog includes the application procedure, admission schedule, admission fees, eligibility criteria, and details of the admission test for securing admission to this prestigious academic institution.
This Blog Includes:
- DPS RK Puram Nursery and Class 1 Admission 2023-2024
- DPS RK Puram Class IX Admission 2023-24
- DPS RK Puram Class XI Admission 2023-24
- DPS RK Puram Admission Fee
DPS RK Puram Nursery and Class 1 Admission 2023-2024
Parents of selected children for the 2023-24 session of Nursery and Class 1 of DPS RK Puram have to complete the admission formalities at the junior school campuses of DPS RK Puram- DPS East of Kailash or Vasant Vihar and DPS East of Kailash, respectively. Parents and guardians of shortlisted wards have to submit all the mandatory documents and deposit the new admission fee at the aforementioned branches for respective classes.
The table consists of the important dates for DPS RK Puram admission to preschool and Class 1.
|Last Date of Application Submission
|23rd December 2022
|1st List of Shortlisted Children
|13th January 2023
|2nd List of Shortlisted Children
|6th February 2023
|Final List of Shortlisted Children
|1st March 2023
|Admission Process Ends
|17th March 2023
The application process for the 2023-2024 session of preschool and Class 1 of DPS RK Puram has already concluded in the previous months. The school has already published the 1st and 2nd lists of shortlisted candidates. Selected candidates must visit DPS Vasant Vihar and DPS East of Kailash to complete the admission process. Parents/guardians must follow these guidelines to complete the admission formalities:
- Download the enrollment form from the official website of school.
- Visit the DPS RK Puram campus to complete the medical form that needs to be attested by a licensed doctor.
- Submit the mandatory documents at the Vasant Vihar and East of Kailash campuses.
- Deposit the fees at the junior school campuses.
Children from all over India are eligible to take admission to preschool and Class 1 of DPS RK Puram. Children whose parents or siblings are alumni of DPS RK Puram and kids with siblings studying in junior school and senior school branches are eligible.
Here is the list of parameters for children of the general category
- The child must reside within a 20 km radius of the school.
- The child taking admission to Nursery must be 3 years of age by 31st March 2023. Certain relaxations are offered for special cases. Any kid born between 2nd March 2019 to 30th April 2020 is eligible for preschool admission.
- For Class 1, the kid needs to be 5 years of age by 31st March 2023. Relaxations are also available to students of Class 1. Children born between 2nd March 2017 to 30th April 2018 are eligible for admission to Class 1.
Also Read: Top 10 CBSE Schools in India
Guardians and parents need to deposit the following documents at junior school branches:
- Birth certificate
- 2 passport-size photographs
- 2 documents for residence proof: Parents need to submit any of the 2 documents- Ration card; Aadhaar Card; Electricity bill/passport/water bill/ MTNL bill in the name of either parent or guardian of the kid; Domicile certificate of parents or wards; or EPIC/Voter ID of either parent or guardian.
- For children whose siblings are studying in RK Puram: They need to submit an additional document- the latest fee deposit receipt of the sibling, to get sibling points, which is an advantage during admissions.
- Forwards of DPS RK Puram’s alumni: Parent/s need to submit their CBSE-issued Class 12 pass certificate.
DPS RK Puram Class IX Admission 2023-24
Class VIII students who reside in Delhi NCR can register for the admission test of DPS RK Puram Class IX. Students must appear for the admission test after completing the registration process successfully. Candidates must then conclude the admission formalities after getting qualifying in the admission test.
The schedule for DPS RK Puram admission for Class IX is included in the table below:
|Online Registration Timeline
|23rd January 2023 to 16th March 2023
|19th March 2023
|19th March 2023 (After 8 pm)
|Commencement of Admission Process
|20th March 2023
DPS RK Puram will conduct a 2 hours 45 minutes admission test for students seeking admission to Class IX. The test will be conducted at DPS RK Puram between 9:00 am to 11:45 on the test day. The table mentioned below includes the list of subjects and marks of respective subjects. All the questions will be from the Class VIII NCERT syllabus.
Following are some instructions to complete the application process for DPS RK Puram admission:
- Visit the school website.
- Click on ‘Online Registration’
- Fill out the application form after logging in.
- Download the application form and get a printout of the same.
- The student and parents/guardian need to submit the attested copy of the application form at the school premise.
- Shortlisted candidates need to submit the mandatory documents and fees at DPS RK Puram to conclude the admission process.
The eligibility criteria for students seeking admission to Class IX of DPS RK Puram are as follows:
- The student must be a resident of Delhi and the National Capital Region.
- The student must have completed Class 8 from an accredited school.
- The applicant must be 13 years of age.
Also Read: Best ICSE Schools in India
Parents of shortlisted students need to submit the following documents to complete the admission formalities:
- Enrolment form signed by the guardian or parents of the student.
- Half-yearly mark sheet of Class VIII. The mark sheet must be attested by the student. The selected candidate needs to submit the final mark sheet after completion of Class VIII.
- 2 passport-size photographs of the student and his/her/their parents/guardians.
- Self-attested copy of address proof. Residence proof must be of Delhi-NCR only. Any one of the following documents needs to be submitted: Passport or Aadhaar of the student and passport or Aadhar or Voter ID of either of parents or guardian.
- Medical form attested by a licensed physician and signed by the guardian or parents.
- Undertaking form attested by either parent or guardian.
- Original copy of TC (Transfer Certificate) and Character Certificate from the previous school.
DPS RK Puram Class XI Admission 2023-24
Class XI of DPS RK Puram is open for day scholars and hostellers. Both day scholars and hostellers need to meet the registration and admission eligibility criteria to secure admission to Class XI of this illustrious branch of DPS.
The table given below includes important dates related to the application form, admission test, and other relevant events of the DPS RK Puram Admission process.
|Online Registration Timeline
|21st January 2023 to 28th March 2023
|2nd April 2023
|1st List of Shortlisted Candidates
|2nd April 2023, after 9:00 pm
|2nd List of Shortlisted Candidates
|7th April 2023
|3rd April 2023 to 10th April 2023
This is a 2 hours and 30 minutes test that has questions from NCERT Class X syllabus. The test will be conducted at the DPS RK Puram campus. The question papers will be different for Science stream students and Commerce/Humanities stream students. Each subject/section is of 25 marks. Given below are the subjects for the admission test for DPS RK Puram Class XI.
|Science Stream Subjects
|Humanities and Commerce Stream Subjects
|General Science (Biology, Physics, and
|Social Science (Economics, History, Political Science, and Geography)
The application process commences with the filling of the registration form on the official website of DPS RK Puram. After filling out the form, students and parents need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Take a printout of the enrolment form.
- The form needs to be attested by the student and parents/guardian.
- Shortlisted students must submit a self-attested copy of the form at the school office. Parents/guardians are required to sign the form.
- Deposit the required documents.
- Pay the admission fee through a DD in favour of DPS RK Puram.
Final admission to Class XI will be subject to the final results of the Class 10 board. Students must meet the following admission criteria to register for Class XI of DPS RK Puram admission:
- For the Science stream students must secure at least 75% marks in Science, English, and Mathematics and an aggregate of 75% or more.
- For the Commerce stream students need to secure 75% in English and Mathematics.
- For the Humanities stream students must secure an aggregate of 75% and more.
Parents and students must ensure that they produce all these documents to complete the admission formalities:
- Self-attested copy of the enrolment form. The signature of parents is also required on the form. (Day scholars and hostellers)
- Hostel admission for shortlisted hostellers.
- Self-attested copy of pre-board mark sheet of Class 10. (Day scholars and hostellers)
- 2 passport-size photographs of the candidate and his/her/their parents/guardian. (Day scholars and hostellers)
- Self-attested copy of address proof. Students can produce either of these documents: an Aadhaar card, Voter ID, or Passport. Students must produce original documents for verification purposes. (Day scholars and hostellers)
- Day scholars must submit their medical forms, which are attested by a licensed doctor and signed by parents/guardians.
- Undertaking form signed by parents/guardians (Day scholars and hostellers).
- Transfer Certificate and Character Certificate from the previous school. (Day scholars and hostellers).
DPS RK Puram Admission Fee
The annual school fees for the 2023-2024 session of Nursery, Class 1, Class IX, and Class XI of DPS RK Puram is INR 2.15 lakh. This fee does not include the transport fee. Parents need to submit INR 85,000 through a demand draft or a pay order in favour of DPS Vasant Vihar or DPS East Kailash for junior school kids and DPS RK Puram for Class IX and Class XI. This amount will be paid out of the total annual fees. The rest of the amount will be adjusted against the annual fees for the concerned academic year. The school will charge tuition fees and transport fees from April 2023. Tuition fees for each class will be different. Concerned authorities will provide the fee structure at the start of the session.
Ans: This is a day-cum-boarding school that provides admission to only Delhi-NCR residents in Nursery and Classes I and XI and admits students from all over India in Class XI. The hostel facility is only available to students of Classes XI and XII.
Ans: Parents/guardians need to pay somewhere between INR 1.6 lakh to INR 1.7 lakh for tuition fees. The fees vary from class to class.
Ans: The annual school fees for the 2023-2024 session of Class 1 at DPS RK Puram is INR 2.15 lakh.