Dhirubhai Ambani International School is one of the top schools in India. It is the private co-educational school located in Maharashtra. The school was established by Reliance Industries in 2003, and it was named after the late Patronate Conglomerate Dhirubhai Ambani International Schools is a day school that offers education from LKG-15. DAIS is affiliated with the CISCE (Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations), CAIE (Cambridge Assessment International Examinations), IB (International Baccalaureate) and it is also one of the members of the Cambridge International Primary Programme (CIPP). DAIS ranks among the top 20 IB Schools Globally.
This blog will help you gather all the information you need about Dhirubhai Ambani International School.
|Name of the School||Dhirubhai Ambani International School|
|Location||Mumbai, Maharashtra (India)|
|Year of Establishment||2003|
|Founded by||Reliance Foundation|
|Motto||Dare to dream, learn to excel|
|Founder and Chairperson||Nita Mukesh Ambani|
|Vice- Chairperson||Isha Ambani Piramal|
|Affiliation||CISCE, CAIE, IB, IGCSE|
This Blog Includes:
Also Read: Class 9 ICSE syllabus
Benefits of Studying at Dhirubhai Ambani International School
The benefits of studying at DAIS are listed below:
- DAIS ranks among the top 10 international schools in India and the top 20 international schools on a global basis. The achievement itself makes it the best educational institute for primary as well as secondary education.
- Despite applications from all over the country, admission to DAIS is not easy. The school focuses on maintaining a balance in the diversity of the students and on academic excellence.
- Another benefit of studying at DAIS is that it offers International Baccalaureate in its diploma form.
- Dhirubhai Ambani International School focuses on holistic development. Thus, apart from academic excellence its experienced faculties are also working to promote extracurricular activities for the overall development of the students.
- The alumni network of DAIS helps students to grab the best career opportunities. Students could also seek career guidance and mentorship from the alumni of the school.
- DAIS offers a high-class infrastructure that assists students to get the best education.
Also Read: The Philosophy of Education
Academic Programmes at Dhirubhai Ambani International School
DAIS is a member of Cambridge International Primary Programme (CIPP). It prepares the students for IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education), ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education), and IBDP (International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme) exams.
Following is the list of academic programmes available in DAIS:
- IB primary year programme- LKG and UKG
- IB primary year programme- Class I to Class V
- Middle Year Programme- Class VI to Class VIII
- ICSE Secondary Programme National Curriculum- Class VIII to Class X
- IGCSE Secondary Programme International Curriculum- Class VIII to Class X
- IBDP Post Secondary Programme International Curriculum- Class XI and Class XII
Classes I through VII have their own, integrated course with an interdisciplinary approach. Students in secondary school i.e. Classes VIII to X study either the ICSE or the IGCSE curriculum. Class VIII is a foundational and preparatory programme for the ICSE or IGCSE curriculums in Classes IX and X. The IB Diploma is available in Classes XI and XII.
The DAIS is also accredited with IB, Geneva so that it can offer the IB diploma programme to the class XI and XII students.
DAIS invites applications from eligible students of variable backgrounds. The eligibility criteria varies depending upon the class, type of board and date of birth of the student. Admission is granted on the basis of assessment session, performance in the interaction, academic records and seat availability.
Students and their parents must be aware about the fact that there is huge competition to get admission in DAIS and fulfillment of the eligibility criteria does not assure admission because the main aim of the school is to maintain diverse student community
Following is the eligibility criteria:
|LKG (Primary year programme-Early Years)||A child born between 1 January 2022 and 31 December 2022 (both days inclusive).|
|Class VIII (ICSE / IGCSE)||The student must have successfully completed Class VII and s
hould have been promoted to Class VIII from a recognized school, before applying at DAIS.
|Class XI (IB Diploma)||The student must have successfully completed Class X from a recognized secondary education board before applying for
class XI at DAIS.
Admission Process at Dhirubhai Ambani International School
You can easily go through the admission instructions available at the official website of the DAIS. Just click on the menu tab and select instructions for the application of the admission form.
Following is the application procedure to get admission to DAIS:
- Complete the user registration i.e. the student must have a registration ID on the admission portal because all the official mails will be sent on that particular email ID by the school.
- Then, it is necessary to make sure that the students fulfil all the basic requirements to get admission in DAIS.
- Students must possess a recent passport-size photograph on a blue, white or red background in a specified size.
- Make sure to upload all the essential documents on the student portal and the size of the documents must not exceed 5 mb.
- The application fee of INR 5000 must be paid at the time of registration and this fee is non-refundable.
- The parents must make sure that they accept the parents declaration by carefully reading all the terms and conditions and sign the declaration form.
- Lastly, print the application form on the A-4 sheet.
Campus of DAIS
The Dhirubhai Ambani International School offers following facilities:
- Unique open school design
- Centre of Performing Arts
- State-of-the-art Computer, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, and Biology and laboratories
- Well-equipped, IT-enabled classrooms with multimedia projectors
- Multipurpose Auditorium
- Play areas for primary and pre-primary.
- Special Activity rooms for Music, Art, Music, Dance, Drama and Yoga
- AstroTurf football field
- Sporting facilities
- Library with 38,200 books, 40 journals and magazines, 1600 multimedia (CD/ DVD/Audio Cassettes), and 16 online databases
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Energy conservation initiatives solar-powered water heaters, LED lighting, air-conditioning timetable, waste-paper management, water conservation efforts.
- Safe campus with modern security systems.
Cost of Studying at Dhirubhai Ambani International School
The below table gives a brief overview of the fee structure of DAIS:
|Application fee||Rs. 5000|
|LKG to Class 7 Annual fee||Rs. 1,70,000|
|Class 8 to Class 10 (ICSE) Annual fee||Rs. 1,85,000|
|Class 8 to Class 10 (IGCSE) Annual fee||Rs. 5.9 lakh|
|Class 11 to Class 12 (IBDP) Annual fee||Rs. 9.65 lakh|
Also Read: Various CBSE and ICSE School in India
Dhirubhai Ambani International School, located in Maharashtra is the no.1 international school in India.
DAIS is ranked no.1 in Mumbai and no.1 in India under the category of International School in India.
It provides the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. The school’s chairwoman is Nita Ambani, Mukesh Ambani’s wife. Students at the school are prepared for the ICSE, IGCSE, and IB Diploma tests.
It is India’s Best International School, the Best School in Mumbai, and the Best ICSE School in Mumbai. The school was founded in 2003 with the goal of providing world-class education to children in Mumbai and beyond India.
If you wish to know more about school education in India then visit our page now!