The National Institute of Technology (NIT) Exam is a highly competitive entrance exam for undergraduate engineering courses in India. Every year, thousands of students apply for the NIT Exam to get admission to one of the prestigious NITs in India through JEE Main. Once a student qualifies for admission, the candidate requires to apply for the desired NIT exam form before the deadline. In this blog, we will discuss in detail the NIT Exam Form 2023 and the important dates, application process, and other essential details for a successful registration process.
|Name of Examination||JEE Main Exam|
|Examination Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Exam Purpose||Admissions in NITs, IITs, IIITs, and GFTIs|
|NIT Exam Form Deadline||May 23rd 2023|
|Courses Offered||UG Engineering and Architecture Courses|
This Blog Includes:
NIT Exam Important Dates 2023
The NIT Exam is usually conducted in the month of January and April every year. The important dates for the NIT Exam form are as follows:
|JEE Main 2023 Registration||Session 1: December 15th 2022
Session 2: February 14th 2023
|JEE Main 2023 Registration
|Session 1: January 12th 2023
Session 2: March 12th 2023
|JEE Main 2023 Exam
|Session 1: January 24, 25, 29, 30, 31, and February 1st, 2023
Session 2: April 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 15th 2023
|JEE Main 2023 Result||Session 1: February 7th 2023
Session 2: April 29th 2023
Also Read: JEE Main Previous Year Question Paper PDF (Out) for 2023
NIT Exam Form 2023
There are a total of 31 National Institute of Technology (NIT) in India. Once a student appears in the JEE Main examination, he or she needs to rank higher in the cut-off list to be eligible for the institutes’ various UG and PG courses in Engineering. Since the NITs require candidates to further fill out an NIT exam form as a part of their admission process, candidates are suggested to confirm their NIT eligibility and apply for the process before the deadline.
How to Apply for NIT Admission 2023?
The application process for the NIT Exam is required to be completed separately to be eligible for NIT admission through the following process:
- Registration: The candidate needs to register on the official website of the conducting body by providing basic details such as name, email id, mobile number, etc.
- Filling up the Application Form: After registration, the candidate needs to fill up the application form by providing personal, academic, and contact details.
- Uploading Documents: The candidate needs to upload scanned copies of their photograph and signature as per the prescribed format.
- Payment of Application Fee: The candidate needs to pay the application fee online using a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
- Submission of Application Form: After completing all the steps, the candidate needs to submit the application form.
NIT Exam Form Fees
The application fee for the NIT Exam Form is as follows and needs to be submitted before the deadline:
- For General/OBC candidates: Rs. 1500/-
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates: Rs. 750/-
Note: Candidates need to note that the application fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
The deadline for the NIT exam form 2023 is before the end of June 2023, tentatively. The counselling will be based on the JEE Main Phase 2 results.
To fill out the NIT admission form, candidates need to visit their desired NIT admission portal and register for the NIT Counselling process to be eligible for admission on an NIT campus.
Some of the top-ranked NITs are NIT Trichy, NIT Rourkela, NIT Karnataka, NIT Calicut, and NIT Warangal.
For more such updates stay tuned with our Indian exams page. And don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.