There are various courses and branches under the wide career field of engineering. One such excellent and popular course among the many fields is Plastic Engineering which is taught in many universities and colleges around the country. One such college with excellent facilities and scope in Plastic Engineering is the Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology (CIPET). Keep reading this blog article till the end to know about CIPET College’s Syllabus for PLastic Engineering.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Pursue Plastic Engineering at CIPET?
- Process for getting into Plastic Engineering Course at CIPET
- Average Fee Structure at CIPET for Plastic Engineering Courses
- CIPET College Syllabus for Plastic Engineering Course
Why Pursue Plastic Engineering at CIPET?
There are various reasons to choose CIPET to study Plastic Engineering. Apart from being a nationally recognized institution with great career scope, CIPET provides many other facilities with regard to academic and career aspects. Some of the major benefits of completing your Plastic Engineering Course from CIPET are as follows:
- Specialization– CIPET is an institute that specifically boasts of a great academic curriculum in Plastic Engineering. By choosing this institute, aspiring students will get focused and in-depth education and training in the field.
- Emphasis on Practical Training- CIPET stresses the practical knowledge of students rather than on mere bookish knowledge. There are diverse facilities provided by the college to enhance students’ practical knowledge in the concerned field.
- Research and Innovation– CIPET boasts excellent research and innovation abilities. From providing correct guidance and the right mentors, this place could be making your research skills sharper.
- Career Opportunities: There is huge career scope that a course in Plastic Engineering provides in diverse domains like plastic processing, design, quality control, research and development. CIPET provides a major boost to this scope of the profession through its strong alumni network and worldwide recognition.
- Good Recognition– CIPET as an institution has maintained its national reputation in imparting excellent academic and career opportunities to its students.
Also Read: Career in Polymer Technology
Process for getting into Plastic Engineering Course at CIPET
Exam for CIPET Plastic Engineering Course
The Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology conducts examination tests across various centres to choose students on the basis of merit to its Plastic Engineering Courses. The CIPET JEE exam is conducted and organized by the CIPET administration for admission to its different branches in the country.
There are some general criteria that are required to be fulfilled before applying for the CIPET JEE entrance examination by any candidate. Some of them are as follows:
- There is no age requirement. A candidate with any age group can apply for the entrance exam.
- The candidate must have passed 10th and 12th from a recognized board with a minimum aggregate percentage required by the colleges under CIPET.
- The candidate must have passed the school-level examination with physics, mathematics, and chemistry as compulsory subjects.
Course-wise Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility required for admission in CIPET colleges varies slightly as per different courses. The list with eligibility criteria for different courses is as follows:
|For Diploma Course||There is no age limit to apply. Candidates must have passed the 3- year degree bachelor’s course in Plastic Engineering or a related field from a recognized Institute.|
|For Bachelor’s Course||There is no age limit to apply. Candidates must have passed the 3- year degree bachelor’s course in Plastic Engineering or a related field from a recognized Institute.|
|For Master’s Course||There is no age limit to apply candidates must have passed the 3- year degree bachelor’s course in Plastic Engineering or a related field from a recognized Institute.|
Documents Required during CIPET JEE Counseling Process
After clearing the CIPET JEE examinations, the candidates are required to go through the counseling process. There are certain essential documents that are required during CIPET JEE Counseling Process:
- A copy of the CIPET JEE Admit Card
- Letter of Counselling and its copy
- Passport-size photograph of the candidate
- Class 10th certificate
- Class 12th certificate
- A certificate stating the medical condition of the candidate
- Bank Draft
Also Read: Top 10 Engineering Colleges in India
Average Fee Structure at CIPET for Plastic Engineering Courses
The average fee structure at different branches of CIPET across India has been listed below:
|Course||Total Average Fees|
|B.Tech||INR 2 Lakh|
|PG Diploma||INR 43,000|
|Polytechnic||INR 1 lakh|
CIPET College Syllabus for Plastic Engineering Course
CIPET provides Plastic Engineering courses at different levels, including Diploma in Plastic Engineering, Bachelor’s in Plastic Engineering, and Masters’s in Plastic Engineering. Although the syllabus structure including the subjects is almost similar on different academic stages, there can be a slight variation. Following is the syllabus breakdown of Plastic Engineering in different fields in CIPET:
For Diploma Course in Plastic Engineering
The major subjects involved during the academic program of the Diploma in Plastic Engineering are as follows:
- Engineering Mathematics– Focuses on mathematical concepts required for understanding the conceptual and technological parts.
- Engineering Physics– Introduces the fundamental concept of physics with a huge emphasis on engineering applications.
- Engineering Chemistry-Includes the chemical concept involved and required in engineering, like polymers, chemical bonding, etc.
- Engineering Drawing-Focuses on an understanding of technical drawings and the structure of technical equipment.
- Material Science and Engineering- Introduces the structure, formation, properties, and behavior of plastic and its components.
- Polymer Science- Focuses on physics and chemistry involved in aspects of Polymers, including polymerization.
- Plastic Product Design
- Industrial Training and Project Work
For Bachelor’s Course in Plastic Engineering
The wide range of subjects involved in the Bachelor’s Program in Plastic Engineering at CIPET are listed below:
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering Chemistry
- Engineering Graphics
- Basic Mechanical Engineering- Focuses on mechanics topics under physics including thermodynamics, Fluid mechanics, and machine elements.
- Basic Electrical Engineering– Includes the electrical concepts revolving around equipment and machines.
- Material Science and Engineering
- Polymer Science
- Plastics Processing Technology- Involves various processing techniques involved in Plastic Technology
- Plastic Design and Product Development- Focuses on design principles and product development in the Plastic Industry.
For Master’s Course in Plastic Engineering
The syllabus structure for the Master’s in Plastic Engineering at CIPET is as follows:
- Advanced Polymer Science and Engineering- This field is a higher-level study of Basic Science and Engineering in Polymers and requires in-depth study using physics and chemistry to better understand the Polymer science and technology related to it.
- Polymer Rheology and Processing
- Advanced Polymer Composites- Covers the design, structure, characteristics, and behavior of advanced polymers.
- Polymer Blends and Alloys- Covers the study of Polymer blends and alloys including their structure, characteristics, and importance in the field.
- Polymer Product Design and Development
- Polymer Nanotechnology– Covers the application of nanotechnology in Polymer science and engineering.
- Polymer Recycling and Sustainability- Stresses the importance of waste management, reducing polymer pollution with advanced waste management techniques and sustainable use of polymers.
Note: All the above-provided syllabus and subjects may vary across different branches of CIPET and are subject to change as per College notifications.
Must Read: Best Engineering Courses for Future
There are 28 centres of CIPET across India.
The average salary is INR 68000 monthly for students graduating from CIPET.
The hostel room fee, including all amenities, is INR 10,000 per semester. This does not include the hostel mess fees.
This was everything related to the CIPET College’s Syllabus for Plastic Engineering at CIPET. As we all know, students often face difficulties in carving their career path along their academic career. If you want someone to help you get through the process swiftly and without losing out on the best universities, you can reach us at 1800 57 2000 and contact our Leverage Edu experts for your Study Abroad dreams. Also, you can find many career-related informative blogs by following Leverage Edu Blogs.