The State Merit Scholarship Kerala (SMS), administered by the Department of Collegiate Education, grants scholarships of up to INR 1,250 and 1,500 to students pursuing their higher studies at UG and PG levels respectively. Since its inception, the scholarship programme has strived to provide monetary aid to students from underprivileged backgrounds, helping them cover their basic education expenses. This merit-based programme aims to enhance employability and decrease unemployment rates by addressing the issue of poverty and financial difficulties faced by students.
This Blog Includes:
How to Register for the Scholarship?
You can apply for the State Merit Scholarship (Kerala) by filling out the online application form and uploading the required credentials. Refer to the following steps outlined to apply for the programme:
- Interested candidates must visit the official website of the Department of Collegiate Education to fill out the online application form.
- Applicants need to fill in all the necessary information and upload the required credentials.
- Doing so will assign a designated registration ID to applicants.
- Once the documents and all the information are evaluated and verified, you must submit your form.
- You can even use your assigned registration ID for future use.
Individuals who wish to apply for the State Merit Scholarship Kerala in 2023-2024 must meet the following list of criteria to be deemed eligible for the awards and grants given under the said scheme:
- Individuals who are pursuing their higher education at UG or PG level, and are residents of the state of Kerala are eligible for the State Merit Scholarship Kerala programme.
- Individuals holding a minimum aggregate score of 60% or above in their higher secondary, i.e., class 12, are eligible for the scholarship.
- Students from families with a yearly income of less than 1 Lakh are eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
Here is the list of the most crucial documents that you must possess to register for the State Merit Scholarship Kerala:
- Passport size photograph
- Academic track record of the applicant
- Income certificate of the applicants’ earning family members
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s bank account details.
Amount of the Scholarship
The State Merit Scholarship program extends a helping hand to students from Kerala pursuing graduate or postgraduate studies. Eligible students at the graduate level receive annual grants of up to INR 1,250, while postgraduates are eligible for grants of up to INR 1,500 per annum. This financial support serves as a cornerstone for many students as they chase their academic dreams.
To conclude, this blog has covered the key aspects of the State Merit Scholarship Kerala program. We trust the information provided has proved helpful and addressed any inquiries you may have.
Ans. Individuals are selected every year based on the marks obtained by the students in their Plus Two/Graduation.
Ans. The following are the eligibility criteria for the scholarship:
Individuals pursuing their higher education at UG or PG level,
Residents of the state of Kerala,
Hold a minimum aggregate score of 60% or above in their higher secondary, and
Families with a yearly income of less than 1 Lakh.
Ans. Graduates are granted INR 1,250 per annum while postgraduates are eligible for grants up to INR 1,500 per annum.
Visit Leverage edu or contact our study abroad experts at 1800-57-2000 to secure your spot in your dream college.