Telangana State Teacher Eligibility Test Popularly known as TS TET is a state-level exam conducted by the Department of School Education.Govnernment of Telagangna. Candidates aspiring to appear for the TS TET 2023 are advised to thoroughly go through the detailed eligibility criteria in the TS TET official notification 2023 which will be available on the official website tstet.cgg.gov.in upon its release.
Only candidates fulfilling the TSTET eligibility criteria will be allowed to appear for the examination. Candidates shortlisted through the examination will be eligible for teaching Primary(Class 1-5) and Secondary(Class 6-8) level classes in the state of Telangana.
In this blog, aspirants can know the complete information about the TSTET Eligibility Criteria
|Name of the Examination||Telangana State Teachers Eligibility Test (TS TET)|
|Board of the Examination||Government of Telangana, Department of School Education|
|Designated Posts||Primary and Secondary Level teachers|
|Mode of Application||Online|
This Blog Includes:
TS TET Eligibility Criteria
The TSTET examination is conducted in 2 papers- Paper-1 and Paper-2. Candidates can choose to appear in any particular paper or both papers simultaneously. However, each paper has different eligibility criteria. Below, aspirants can find the eligibility criteria for each paper individually:
TS TET Paper I
Candidates applying only for paper 1 should have qualified to have any of the three eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- Intermediate (10+2)/ Senior Secondary or a similar exam with at least 50% marks. For candidates belonging to the SC/ST/BC/PWD, the minimum qualifying marks will be 45%
- Intermediate / Senior Secondary or its equivalent with a minimum of 45 per cent qualifying marks. (40% for SC/ST/BC/PWD).
- Graduation from any stream with at least 50% marks (45% in case of ST / SC / BC / PWD candidates). Moreover, the candidate must also have passed a Bachelor of Education (Special Education)/ Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
Also Read: Teaching-Learning Material
TS TET Paper 2
Candidates applying only for paper 2 or both the paper must have qualified any of the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- B.A./B.Sc./B.Com., with at least 50 per cent marks (45 per cent for SC/ST/BC/Differently abled candidates) and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course / Bachelor of Education (B.Ed -Special Education).
- 4-year B.Sc.Ed/B.A.Ed, with at least 50% marks (45% for ST/SC/BC/PWD)
- For Language Teachers, the candidate must have a Graduation with the language concerned as one of their optional subjects OR a Bachelor of Oriental language (or its equivalent) OR Graduation in literature OR Post Graduation in the language concerned AND Language Pandit Training Certificate/B.Ed with language concerned as one of the Methodologies
- B.E/B.Tech with at least 50% marks and Passed / Pursuing Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) or B.Ed. (Special Education). (45% for ST/SC/BC/PWD)
Also Read: Teacher Training Courses
TSTET 2023 Age Limit
As per the official notification, there is no age limit prescribed to appear for the TS TET, however, it can be presumed that the candidate must be a minimum of 18 years while appearing in the examination.
As per the official notification released by the Department of School Education, the educational eligibility criteria for TSTET is that the candidate must be a Graduate with a minimum of 50% qualifying marks.
The minimum age to apply for the TS TET exam 2023 is 18 years, while there is no maximum age prescribed by the Department of Education, Government of Telangana.
The TSTET exam does not have a negative marking scheme.
Hope this blog helped in getting a basic understanding of the eligibility criteria of TS TET. For more updates on such topics, keep an eye on the official website of Leverage Edu Indian Exams page and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.