RMAT 2023: RMAT 2023 applications will be released in March 2023. The exam will be conducted in May 2023.
RMAT stands for Research Management Aptitude Test (RMAT). It is a management entrance examination conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA) in collaboration with Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) for the admissions of their joint PhD programme which aims at providing formal training to budding faculty and working managers.
In this article, the students will get complete information about RMAT 2023. In this the students will get to know about the syllabus, exam pattern, eligibility criteria, important dates, admit cards, results, cutoff etc.
|Exam Name||Research Management Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||1 hour 30 minutes (90 minutes)|
|Mode of exam||Online|
This Blog Includes:
RMAT 2023 Important Dates
AIMA has released the tentative dates for the Research Management Aptitude Test (RMAT). In the below-mentioned table, the candidates will get to know all the dates regarding the application, results, admit card etc. The table is mentioned below:
|Application Release Date||Last week of March 2023|
|Last Date of Application form||Mid-April, 2023|
|Admit Card Release Date||May 2023|
|Exam Date||Last week of May 2023|
|Counselling Session||June-July 2023|
RMAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for the RMAT 2023 entrance exam, candidates have to fulfil the following eligibility criteria which are as follows:
- Masters’s Degree in Management or allied subjects from Commerce, Humanities, Science, Engineering and Law; or
- A PGDM/PGDITM approved by AICTE with not less than 55 per cent marks; or
- Chartered Accountancy, Cost Accountancy or any other professional qualification which are considered equivalent to a master’s degree with at least 55 per cent marks or an equivalent grade.
Other eligibility criteria that a candidate must have are as follows:
- The candidate must have scored 50% marks in graduation.
- The candidates must have a minimum of 5 years post-qualification work experience in the industry at the managerial level or a minimum of 5 years of experience in teaching as a full-time faculty in a management institute approved by AICTE or affiliated with a University.
Also Read: Exim Bank Exam 2022
RMAT 2023 Application Process
The application process for Research Management Aptitude Test (RMAT) 2023 is available in two modes, i.e. the online and offline modes. Candidates can fill out the form according to their preferences. The steps for the application process of both online and offline modes are mentioned below:
Online Application Process
- Candidates have to first register themselves for the examination by providing the basic details like the candidate name, date of Birth, email ID and contact number.
- After submitting the basic details, the candidates will receive the registration confirmation on their email ID along with the login credentials.
- Then the candidates have to log in to the website to fill in the details in the application form.
- Then the candidates have to upload their signatures and photographs in the required format.
- The application fee can be submitted in both – the online modes via debit card/ credit card/net banking and the offline mode via demand draft (DD).
- Then the candidate has to save the application form in PDF form and have to take out the print of that.
Note- The candidates who have made the payment through online mode do not have to bring a hard copy of the submitted application form.
Offline Application Process
For the offline application process, the candidates need to follow the following steps:
- First, the candidates need to download the application form.
- Then they have to take the printout of the application form.
- Then the candidates have to fill out the application form manually without any kind of mistakes.
- Then they have to take a Demand Draft or DD of the amount INR 1,500 which should be drawn in the name of “All India Management Association” payable at New Delhi.
- Then the candidates have to submit the application form at the given address mentioned below:
Manager (PhD Programme),
AIMA-CME, Management House,
14 Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110 003.
Also See: ITBP Exam 2022
The RMAT application fee is INR 1,500 for online modes of transfer, such as by using a debit card/ credit card/ net banking. And for the offline mode of payment, candidates have to pay INR 1,500 through Demand Draft (DD) in favour of “All India Management Association” payable in New Delhi.
RMAT 2023 Admit Card
The All India Management Association will not send the RMAT 2023 Admit Cards to any of the candidates by post or any other means. Therefore, the candidates have to download the admit card from the official website and take a printout of it. Candidates are advised to take out the print of the admit card in advance before the RMAT last date.
RMAT 2023 Syllabus
According to the AIMA RMAT syllabus, the exam paper is divided into two parts which are a) Basics of Management and b) Research Fundamentals and Aptitude. The syllabus for the RMAT which will help out the students is as follows:
|S.NO.||Basics of Management||Research Fundamentals and Aptitude|
|1||Functions of Managers in Business Organisations||Decisional and Research Problems|
|2||Meaning, Power and Authority||Steps in Research|
|3||Managerial Skill and Levels||Primary and Secondary Data|
|4||Functions of Human Resource Managers||Population and Sample|
|5||Functions of Marketing Managers||Types and Properties of the Four Types of Scales Used for Data Collection|
|6||Fundamental of Human Resource Management- Recruitment, Selection, Training and Appraisal||Types of Sampling Method|
|7||Concepts and Components of the Marketing Mix||Methods of Data Collection|
|8||Functions of Finance Managers||Data Interpretation|
|9||Indian Financial Systems||Types of Variables|
|10||Balance Sheet and its Components||Research and Teaching Aptitude|
|11||Basic Accounting Concepts||Logical Reasoning|
|12||Globalization of Business||Research Ethics|
|13||Functions of Operations Manager||Overview of the higher education system in India|
|14||Inventory Costs and Simple Models|
|15||Statistical Quality Control Techniques|
|16||Elements of Business Environment|
RMAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The All India Management Association (AIMA) has released the exam pattern for the RMAT along with its official brochure. The exam will contain MCQ questions and is 1.5 hours long. The exam pattern for the RMAT is as follows:
|Mode of Exam||IBT (Internet-Based Test)|
|Question Type||Multiple Type Questions (MCQ)|
|No. of Sections||2|
|Time Duration||1 Hour 30 Minutes (90 Minutes)|
|Negative Marking||No Negative Marking|
The preparation tips are very important for the exam which will help out a lot of students. The students need to make a proper strategy before starting the exam preparation. The preparation tips are as follows:
- Students should make a timetable and should study according to the timetable and they will be able to focus on the syllabus.
- For the study material, the candidates should rely on sources.
- Make proper notes of every important topic and these notes will help you during the time of revision.
- Solve the previous year’s sample paper, mock test and question paper.
RMAT 2023 Result
The result is declared by NTA and the result will be declared on the official website of AIMA. The result will be available in the form of a merit list and in this, the student’s name mentioned will be called for the counselling session. Candidates who have qualified for the test with a defined cutoff of 50% will be called for the interview round. The steps to download the result are as follows:
- First, the students have to visit the official website
- Then enter the login credentials
- The result will appear on the screen
- Then the candidate can save it as a pdf and then can take the printout of it.
The candidates can prepare for the Research Management Aptitude test (RMAT) by preparing their syllabus wisely. Students must first practice the topics that they have a good command of. Secondly, preference should be given to those topics which have higher weightage. It must be noted that not all or 100% of syllabi can be perfectly prepared, so, prepare a strategy by which you can achieve more than the cut-off marks.
RMAT stands for Research Management Aptitude Test. It is a national-level examination for the PhD (Business Administration) courses in AIMA in collaboration with AMU.
The official website of AIMA is https://apps.aima.in/phd2022/.
No, the candidates are not allowed to carry a calculator or any other electronic device during the RMAT entrance exam.
The above article has covered the details of the Research Management Aptitude Test (RMAT). In this article the candidates got to know the details like the syllabus, exam pattern, how to apply for the exam, eligibility criteria, age limit and the application fee structure and the result.