The All India Management Association along with the Aligarh Muslim University explored the possibility of training new faculties and working managers to become torchbearers for the students of management. The organisation of the Research Management Aptitude Test or RMAT every year to train professionals with an interest in teaching and research in management is a step toward this journey. The RMAT GD PI process is one of the most important steps to getting admission.
To make sure that the best candidates are chosen for the program AIMA also conducts an interview round as a part of the RMAT Selection Process. The RMAT Interview Process is scheduled after the first Merit List is released.
|Name of Exam||Research Management Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||All India Management Association|
|Admission for||Aligarh Muslim University|
|Courses offered||PhD in Management|
|Application Fee||INR 1,500|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Duration||90 Minutes|
This Blog Includes:
RMAT Interview Process
The RMAT GD PI process for PhD begins after the AIMA RMAT Results of the examination have been declared and the merit list for the Research Management Aptitude Test has been declared.
The candidates named in the Merit list are called in for the RMAT GD PI Process and further screened on the basis of their professional career, achievements, soft skills and understanding of Management. Here are some points to ponder on the RMAT Interview Process.
- The candidates called in for the interview according to the merit list will be sent an email by the organisation about the date and time of the interview.
- The RMAT Interview will be conducted offline in a face-to-face manner.
- The interview location is at the All India Management Association campus in New Delhi.
- The candidates qualifying for the AIMA RMAT Interview round will also again report to the AIMA centre for document verification and confirmation of admission.
- The interview will be conducted separately for each candidate.
Also Read: PhD in Management & Its Career Prospects
RMAT Interview Criteria of Evaluation
There are various things that a candidate needs to keep in mind for the interview other than knowledge of the subject. The authorities conducting the interview take into account various factors before declaring the results. The criteria of evaluation in the AIMA RMAT Interview Process are as follows.
- Presence of Mind
- Managerial and Diplomatic Skills
- Communication Skills
- Curiosity and Enthusiasm to take initiative
- Knowledge of the Subject
- Skill to facilitate a discussion
- Leadership Skills
- General Awareness
- Experience and Achievements
The notification for the 2023 examination has not yet been released, all dates associated with RMAT Exam, AIMA RMAT Result etc will be covered in the official notification released by AIMA. The tentative dates for the AIMA RMAT Interview Process are as follows.
|Registration Deadline||21 March 2023|
|Admit Card Release Date||15 March 2023 Onwards|
|Date of Examination||26 March 2023|
|Merit List||To be Notified|
|Personal Interview||To be Notified|
|AIMA RMAT Results 2023||To be Notified|
How to Prepare for the PhD AIMA RMAT Interview?
Cracking a PhD management interview requires some textbook preparation and more practical application of the same. The preparation strategy for a PhD management interview is different from any normal interview as one has to talk more about their experiences, instances of handling difficult situations and practical learning while comparing them with the theoretical knowledge gained on the same subject.
Here are some important points to help you prepare for the AIMA RMAT Interview Process. The PhD entrance examination and the interview together will constitute the final score of each candidate. These scores are used to declare the final Merit List.
- Talk about the theoretical situations with examples from experience while properly defining each aspect in professional terminology. Also, make sure to avoid talking about ideal solutions and focus on workable solutions instead.
- Do not forget to highlight Leadership skills from time to time by talking about the responsibilities assigned and performance as a manager.
- Do not interrupt the interviewer when they are explaining a scenario or cross-questioning one’s decisions as a manager. It is better to acknowledge their suggestion and build on their argument to answer.
- One must not be rigid in answering, as a manager people expect an ideal candidate to understand that the managerial decisions and skills required by different companies would be diverse and an ideal manager has to be accommodating and open to learning.
- The answers to strength and weakness based questions must depend on how the interviewer has curated the question. Mention the strengths based on the scenario given.
- It is important to look interested, confident, trustworthy and decent in the interview. There are much soft skill evaluations going on at the time of questioning.
- It is important that the candidate practices meditation because one has to be fully in control even if the interviewer chooses to intimidate. The candidates are basically representing themselves as a manager and must not look anxious.
- Try to make the interview a two-way communication. It seems professional to ask the interviewer for input or opinions. This also depicts the candidate in good light as a manager. Also, make sure to take contradiction positively as it might sometime just be for evaluation purposes.
RMAT Common Interview Questions
Some of the interview questions are repetitive in Management Interviews. The most common interview questions for management exams are given below.
- Tell us something about yourself that isn’t there in your resume.
- What responsibilities do you expect from a manager?
- How do you ensure the safety of an employee working in your department?
- How did your performance benefit your last organisation?
- What are you looking to learn in this course?
- How do you handle stress and pressure?
- What is your approach to leadership?
- What working environment do you thrive in?
- How would you deal with a project running over its due budget?
- How do you go about an underperforming employee?
The RMAT is Research Management Aptitude Test which is organised by AIMA and AMU in collaboration to take students under the PhD in Management Program.
The Research Management Aptitude Test organised by the All India Management Association in collaboration with the Aligarh Muslim University is called AIMA RMAT Test.
To do a PhD in Management one has to have a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks, a Master’s Degree or a Chartered Accountant Degree or 5 years of work experience as a manager which also includes a management course professor. The candidates who qualify for this criteria can apply for a management aptitude test for PhD examinations like the RMAT AIMA test and qualify to get enrolled in the coursework.
The candidates willing to apply for the examination this year should keep an eye on the latest updates section for the most recent dates and news about the examination. For more updates check out our Indian Exams page, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.