The Jammu & Kashmir State Eligibility Test (JK SET) and Ladakh State Eligibility Test (LASET) are state-level examinations for assessing eligibility for the Assistant Professor role in universities and colleges. These tests cover 39 subjects and are essential qualifications for individuals aspiring to teach in Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh.
|Examination Name||Jammu & Kashmir State Eligibility Test (JK SET)|
|Conducted By||University of Jammu|
|Type of Exam||State-Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee||INR 1100|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Annual Frequency||Once per year|
|Duration of the Exam||3 Hours|
|Number of Papers||Two|
This Blog Includes:
Also Read: JK SET Exam Dates
List of JK SET Exam Centres 2023
The JK SET 2023 exam will be conducted at three main examination centres: Jammu, Srinagar, and Leh. In addition to these main centres, there are sub-centres in specific cities to accommodate candidates. For Centre 01 (Jammu), the sub-centres include Jammu, Kathua, Udampur, and Rajouri. Centre 02 (Srinagar) has sub-centres in Srinagar, Anantnag, and Baramulla. Centre 03 (Leh) has sub-centres in Leh and Kargil. Candidates will be assigned to the nearest sub-centre based on their location and the number of candidates in each area.
|Centre Code||Main Exam Centre||Sub-Centres (if applicable)|
|01||Jammu||Jammu, Kathua, Udhampur, Rajouri and Bhadarwah|
|02||Srinagar||Srinagar, Anantnag, Baramulla|
How to Check Your JK SET Exam Centre 2023
To check your JK SET Exam Centre 2023, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the University of Jammu at http://set.uok.edu.in/.
- Search up for the “Exam Centre” or “Exam Venue” section on the homepage.
- Click on the link provided to access the Exam Centre details.
- You will be prompted to enter your application number or registration credentials.
- After providing the required details, click on the “Submit” or “Get Centre” button.
- Your JK SET Exam Centre for 2023 will be displayed on the screen.
- Make sure to note down the address and other relevant information about your exam centre.
- Visiting the exam centre a day before the exam is advisable to get familiar with the location and avoid any last-minute hassles.
- In case of any discrepancies or queries regarding the exam centre, you can contact the respective authorities using the contact information provided in the article or on the official website.
Documents Required at JK SET Exam Centres 2023
Following are the documents that students must carry at the time of examination-
- Admit Card
- Any Government Identification Proof: Aadhar Card, PAN Card etc.
- Passport-sized photograph (if required)
- Disability/ Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate
- Any other documents specified by the JKSET/LASET authority in the official notification.
Fee for JK SET 2023: General category: Rs. 1100/-, OBC-NCL and Other reserved categories: Rs. 880/- and SC/ST/Transgender/PwD with 40% disability: Rs. 660/-
There is no negative marking in JKSET.
JKSET 2023 is a state-level exam conducted by the University of Kashmir for candidates aspiring to work as assistant professors in colleges and universities in Jammu and Kashmir.