The All India Management Association has announced the registration of the Research Management Aptitude Test also known as RMAT. The RMAT Counselling Process is the final step for Admission to the program. The AIMA and AMU together conduct the Joint PhD test to facilitate learning for professors and working professionals in the field of Management. The Counselling Process is vital to know so the students stay updated about the status of admissions.
|Name of Exam||Research Management Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||All India Management Association|
|Admission for||Aligarh Muslim University|
|Courses offered||PhD in Management|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Duration||90 Minutes|
This Blog Includes:
Must Read: Top PhD Entrance Exams You Should Know About
The examination for RMAT is ongoing along with registrations. The registration will soon close on the 10th of March 2023. Candidates willing to apply this year should apply before that. The dates for the RMAT interview and counselling process will be announced soon. Other details like guidelines for the counselling round and the essential documents will be notified along with the dates of the RMAT Counselling Process.
Also Read: MAT Exam Pattern & Marking Scheme
The registrations for the RMAT examinations began way back. The candidates can register for the examination slots till the 10th of March 2023 even when the exams will begin on the 26th of February 2023 and will continue till the 13th of March 2023. The candidates can register themselves for different exam dates and slots available throughout the dates for the exam.
|Application Deadline||23 February 2023 – 10 March 2023|
|Admit Card Dates||24 February 2023 – 11 March 2023|
|RMAT Test Date||26 February 2023 – 13 March 2023|
|RMAT Counselling||To be Notified|
What is RMAT Counselling?
Once the results of the RMAT exam have been declared a merit list is prepared for the candidates to notify who has passed the cutoff. The Candidates who pass the minimum cutoff are invited for the Personal Interview, the selected candidates also have to bring the documents that prove their eligibility for the Interview round. The candidates must be prepared to crack this Management Interview for the further process.
After the interview round is over, a final list of candidates is prepared also known as the final merit list. On the basis of the final merit list, the shortlisted candidates have to be present in the final counselling round well-prepared on the given date. At this stage, the candidates confirm their admissions and are allotted seats in the PhD Management Program.
How to Appear in RMAT Counselling?
To appear for the counselling session of RMAT the candidates have to make note of several points to keep in mind.
- The candidates must first make sure that their rank lies within the cutoff or merit list guidelines.
- Check that the scores and rank fall within the required rank of the course selected at the time of application.
- The candidates must also ensure the dates allotted to them to appear for the counselling session.
- The allotment of seats will be strictly on the basis of the Merit List, candidates cannot appear with any other claims to admission than the Merit List.
- The candidates will be allotted colleges based on their ranks in the Merit List.
- The counselling will take place virtually, in the case of physical counselling the candidates will have to appear at the allotted colleges and if the centre is far from one’s place of residence it is advisable to reach a day early to complete the procedure in time.
- The candidates are free to choose if they want to get admission or drop their candidature.
Documents Required for RMAT Counselling
The shortlisted candidates are required to bring some important documents at the time of counselling. A list of these documents will be emailed to the selected candidates by the examination authorities. It is to be noted however that failure to bring these documents to the counselling centre will result in cancellation of admission. The same is true for any mismatch in the details of the documents produced. The documents required are given below.
- Marksheets of Class 10th and Class 12th.
- Graduation Certificate or Marksheet.
- Community Certificate (If applicable).
- Form of Admission Registration.
- Seat Allotment Letter.
- Admit Card for the RMAT Exam.
- A valid photo identity card.
- Certificate of Experience in work (If applicable).
- Character Certificate.
- Medical Fitness Certificate (If applicable).
- Domiciled Certificate (If applicable).
- Passport Size Photographs.
The RMAT Examinations are scheduled from 26 February 2023 to 13 March 2023. The applications for the remaining examination slots are still open and the candidates can apply till 10 March 2023.
The RMAT is the Research Management Aptitude Test organised by the All India Management Association. The aim of the examination organised in association with AMU is to screen students for their aptitude in Management for research-based courses.
The official information about the RMAT Examination can be found on the website of the All India Management Association (AIMA). The link to the website is https://www.aima.in/content/testing-and-assessment/rmt/phd-rmat.
The RMAT Examination is one of the prestigious management examinations that offers research-based management courses with the objective of national growth. For more updates check out our Indian Exams page, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.