ILICAT 2023 will probably be conducted in the month of April 2023. Indian Law Institute organises these tests for admission of students to its courses like LLM and PhD in Law. The Indian Law Institute is one of the premiere institutions for law. The aspirants of higher education in Law based courses each year apply for the ILI CAT examination for admission to the course. This institution was established after independence to strengthen the law system of the country. Let’s explore this blog to understand the ILICAT exam analysis in detail.
|Name of the Exam||Indian Law Institute Common Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||Common Aptitude Test|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
This Blog Includes:
ILICAT 2023 Important Dates
The various dates important in the event of the ILICAT examination 2023 are given below. For detailed updates and specific dates, the candidates are advised to keep a track of the official notifications or updates on this blog.
|Application Process||February 2023 – March 2023|
|Admit Card Release date||April 2023|
|ILI CAT Exam Date||April 2023|
|ILI CAT Results||May 2023|
Also Read: ILICAT 2023 Exam Pattern
ILICAT Exam Analysis- 2022
The students appearing for the ILICAT Exam 2023 will find it really useful to refer to the ILICAT exam analysis of the previous examination to be prepared accordingly. The difficulty level of the examination is based on the remarks of students and the number of candidates who appeared but it is mostly influenced by the examination Cutoffs.
The factors determining the examination cutoff are directly associated with the difficulty level of the examination. Here are some inferences based on the ILI CAT 2022 examination.
- The first ILI CAT Cutoff for the general category in 2021 was 75 marks, whereas in 2022 the first ILI CAT Cutoff for the general category was 96 marks.
- This means the examination was comparatively tough in 2021 than in 2022.
- As more students scored higher marks in 2022 that directly implies that the examination was easy enough to fill the seats in Indian Law School with students attaining a score of 96.
- Lower cutoffs mean difficult examinations and the candidates attaining lesser marks which leads to a reduction of cutoff scores to fill in the seats.
- As more students scored higher marks in 2022, the ILICAT Exam in 2022 can be called easier than that in 2021.
Number of Students Appeared in ILICAT 2022
The ILI CAT Examination is a difficult examination to crack. In 2022 more than 1000 students appeared for the ILI CAT examination. Various details about the number of students shortlisted after Group Discussion and Viva are given in the table below.
|Total Number of Students||1000+|
|Number of Students Shortlisted in General Category||72|
|Number of Students Shortlisted in General J&K Category||02|
|Number of Students Shortlisted in PwD Category||03|
|Number of Students Shortlisted in General EWS Category||08|
|Number of Students Shortlisted in OBC Non-creamy layer Category||36|
|Number of Students Shortlisted in SC Category||24|
|Number of Students Shortlisted in ST Category||06|
ILICAT 2022 Marks Scored
The marks scored by the candidates in the ILI CAT examination determine the cutoff and admission process directly. The candidates appearing for ILI CAT in 2023 might have questions regarding the highest marks scored, average marks scored and other details. Some of the details from the previous examination are given below.
- The highest marks scored in ILI CAT 2022 were 159 out of 200.
- The average marks scored based on the list of shortlisted candidates were above 100.
- Marks are displayed in two sections in the merit list. The preceding column displays mark attained in the written test whereas the later column displays the marks attained out of 200 after the ILI CAT Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- There were up to 10 merit lists released by the Indian Law Institute after the 2022 examination.
- The seats under reservation categories were filled in the starting lists only. The tenth merit list only had the name of a General Category Candidate.
ILI CAT Cutoff 2022
The previous year’s cutoff is a big demarcation of the examination analysis on a personal level for an appealing candidate. The cutoff list for ILI CAT 2022 is given below.
Also Read: Top Law Firms in India
Standard Operating Procedure for Candidates Selected in ILI CAT 2023
The candidates who will be selected for ILI CAT 2023 will be required to prepare themselves for the counselling session. They will be given a sheet mentioning the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and will have to fulfil all the requirements within the given time frame. The SOP will have the following.
- Fee Structure for the program.
- Last date and time for physical verification of fee receipt and documents.
- Details of account for the payment of a first-semester fee.
- Originals and self-attested copies of the following documents.
- 10h, 12th Marksheets & Certificates and Graduation Degree
- LLB Marksheets and Certificates
- Migration Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Covid Vaccination Certificate
- Passport Size photographs
- Declaration and Undertaking forms are attached to the provided SOP
- Admission will be subject to fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.
No, they are not the same. The merit list consists of the names of the shortlisted candidates whereas the cutoff is the declaration of minimum marks required by the candidate to secure admission.
Yes, the dates for the ILI CAT Exam are expected to be released soon. The exam date is tentatively predicted to be in April 2023.
No, the Indian Law Institute does no offer an LLB program. It caters to the research-based courses like the LLM or PhD in Law.