The full form of ATL is Atal Tinkering Lab. ATL is an initiative by the National Institute for Transforming India (NITI Ayog), Government of India. The prime objective of ATL is to foster innovation, creativity, problem-solving, and decision making skills among Indian students. This Lab was named after the former Prime Minister of India Late Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee. ATL aims to create the culture of entrepreneurship and innovative creations among the students studying in schools. Labs are built to provide space to students within the schools to learn and develop new technologies and to generate new solutions to real-world issues.
Also Read: What is the Full Form of MLT?
ATL Full Form: Objectives
AIM i.e. Atal Innovation Mission is a program by GOI to create and promote innovative thinking and ideas in educational institutes especially in schools.
Following are the main objectives behind the development of Atal Tinkering Lab:
- To instill a scientific mindset and solution based thinking among students.
- To encourage children’s curiosity, imagination, and creativity in the classroom.
- Promote Practical Learning
- Make a room for kids to study and experiment with cutting-edge technology such as robotics, 3-D printing and so on.
- DIY technology will be introduced in schools as well as educational institutions.
- To develop entrepreneurial skills in children.
- Encourage students to engage in solution-based learning.
- Schools should be provided with DIY kits, activities, expert guidance, and learning resources.
- To provide access to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) learning opportunities to students.
Also Read: Full Forms List
Features of ATL
Key features of ATL labs are listed below:
- Atal Tinkering Lab is a place where students may learn new things through DIY.
- Allow kids to work with tools and equipment to better grasp STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) subjects.
- To encourage pupils’ research abilities.
- ATL organizes various events such as regional and national level contests, exhibits, seminars on problem-solving, designing, and DIY methods, lecture series, and so on, at regular intervals.
- Students from ATL get opportunities to showcase their skills by participating in regional and national competitions.
- One of the main key features of this initiative is to reach diverse backgrounds and regions of the country and identify the talents in remote or rural areas.
Also Read: Lab Technician Courses
We hope this has helped you understand the full form of ATL and everything related to it. Do you want to know more full forms like this? In the world of short forms, you can rely on the Leverage edu page to know more! Connect with us study abroad experts to achieve your international dream today!