CAT 2022 result for the exam held in November 2022 will be released in the first week of January 2023. The Common Admission Test (CAT) is India’s most prominent national-level entrance exam, allowing applicants to get admission to top management schools. It is without a doubt the largest MBA entrance exam in the country. Let’s check out all of the details about the CAT 2022 result here.
|Name of the Examination||Common Admission Test|
|Duration||2 hours (160 Minutes for PWD candidates)|
|Fees||INR 1100 (Reserved categories)INR 2200 (Other categories)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|CAT Exam Pattern||Computer-based|
|CAT Exam Question Type||MCQ and Non-MCQ questions|
|Syllabus||Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree with 50% aggregate(45% aggregate or equivalent for reserved categories)|
This Blog Includes:
Modes of Conducting the CAT Examination
|Mode of CAT exam||Computer Based Test|
|Duration of exam||120 minutes 40 minutes per section|
CAT Result Dates
|CAT Events||CAT Dates (Tentative)|
|CAT exam date||Last week of November 2022|
|CAT provisional answer key release date||First week of December 2022|
|Last date to file an objection against an answer key||Second week of December 2022|
|CAT final answer key date||First week of January 2023|
|CAT 2022 result date||First week of January 2023|
How to download CAT Result
- Step 1: Go to iimcat.ac.in, which is the official CAT website.
- Step 2: To log in, go to ‘CAT Result Tab’ and input your CAT user ID and password.
- Step 3: Select the ‘IIM CAT Score Card’ tab from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4: The CAT 2022 result will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 5: Save the CAT 2022 result to your computer for future use.
NOTE- In addition, candidates will be notified of their CAT results through SMS to their registered phone number and via email, which will include the candidate’s CAT percentile.
Details Mentioned on the CAT scorecard
The CAT scorecard will include the following information:
- CAT 2022 registration number/user Id
- Name, category, and gender of the candidate
- Day of birth, as well as the date and time of the examination
- Candidate’s contact information and email address
- Scaled CAT score (overall)
- CAT (Computer Assessment Test) score (section-wise)
- percentile score on the CAT (section-wise)
- percentile score on the CAT (overall)
How CAT Score is Calculated?
Quantitative Reasoning, Data Interpretation, and Logical Reasoning, as well as Verbal and Reading Comprehension, are used to sub-normalize CAT results.
- To increase the level of competitiveness, the CAT exam score is translated into percentile form and the best scorer is featured at the top.
- For each accurate answer, a candidate receives three points.
- It does, however, use negative marking, with one mark subtracted for each incorrect response.
- Candidates should be aware that if a question is left unanswered, no points will be removed.
- The CAT score aids in the shortlisting of qualified applicants for subsequent rounds.
Using Quantitative Ability (QA) as an example, the following is the step-by-step procedure for calculating the overall score and percentile score:
- Step 1: Determine the total number of candidates who took the CAT in each session (N).
- Step 2: Assign a rank (r) to all candidates who took the CAT 2021 exam, based on the scaled scores received in the QA part. If two or more candidates have identical scores in the QA section, they will be assigned the same rank.
- Step 3: To determine the percentile score (P) of a candidate with rank(r) in the QA section, use the formula:
- ((N-r) N) x 100 = P
- Step 4: Finally, round a candidate’s derived percentile score (P) to two decimal places. All percentile values larger than or equal to 99.995 are rounded to 100, and all percentile scores greater than or equal to 99.985 but less than 99.995 are rounded to 99.995, and so on.
What to do after the CAT result is declared ?
- Examine your CAT 2022 result and look for colleges.
- Apply for admission to a B-School – Find out when colleges’ application deadlines are.
- Prepare the necessary documentation.
- Selection of specializations.
- Prepare for the WAT-GD-PI exam (Gear up for next level of evaluation)
CAT 2022 Cutoff for Top Colleges
Following the announcement of the CAT result 2022, each Indian Institute of Management (IIM) will publish the CAT 2022 cut-off on its official website. The CAT cutoff is the minimum score required for candidates to be summoned for the MBA selection process. The CAT Cutoff 2022 is the minimum score required for examinees to be summoned for the MBA selection process.
The CAT cutoff ranges from 99 to 100 percentile for students in the General category.The cutoff for CAT 2022 for students from the reserved categories is slightly lower, at 97 to 98 percentile. For prominent MBA colleges like SPJIMR, FMS, MDI, and others, the projected cutoff for CAT 2022 is between 95 and 99 percentile.
Finance Your Dreams with Leverage Finance! Apply for Education Loans at the lowest interest rates with us!
In the CAT DILR part, 99 percentiles are obtained by answering the correct sets. This requires daily practice, so CAT candidates should make it a habit to solve at least 3-5 sets per day. This will assist candidates in becoming skilled in selecting the appropriate kind of sets and solving them within the allotted time frame.
The best period to begin studying for a test is 12 months ahead of time. Given the heightened competition and peer pressure, it is recommended that CAT hopefuls begin their preparation at least 11-12 months before the exam. You can go through the basics again in the last 1-2 months if you have a lot of free time.
A candidate’s CAT raw score is the actual score they received on the exam. After that, the raw score is translated to a percentile score. Because the exam is administered in two slots, this is accomplished through the normalization process. As a result, normalization is used to determine the percentile score in order to judge each candidate on the same scale.
Want to study MBA from the top universities in 2022? Call us NOW on 1800 572 000 and get started on your journey!