Quantum physics helps you explore the interaction method of the particles of matter to determine how the world works. If you love physics or math and want to know the working method of the world, pursuing a quantum physics degree would undoubtedly prove the best option for you. Additionally, when you understand the roles and requirements of quantum physicists, you will be able to find the perfect career option.
In this blog, we will discuss what quantum physics is, tips to become a quantum physicist, top universities, and much more. Make sure you read this blog to the end.
This Blog Includes:
- What is Quantum Physics?
- The Origin of Quantum Physics
- Best Global Universities for Quantum Physics
- Quantum Physics Admission Process to Study Abroad
- Best Universities for Quantum Physics in India
- How to Pursue a Career in Quantum Physics?
- Career and Jobs Prospects
What is Quantum Physics?
Quantum physics is the most fundamental degree that focuses on the smallest nature of matter. Apart from studying the properties and behaviour of the atoms, quantum physicists need to implement theoretical principles as well as study the subatomic particles. Quantum physics also comes with more specialized applications such as nuclear technology and medical science.
The Origin of Quantum Physics
The origin of Quantum Physics took place back in the early 20th century when physicists such as Max Planck, Albert Einstein, and Niels Bohr were studying the behaviour of light and atoms. They discovered that classical physics, which had been successful in explaining macroscopic phenomena, was inadequate to explain the behaviour of particles at the atomic and subatomic levels. This led to the development of new theories and concepts, such as wave-particle duality and uncertainty principle, which form the basis of Quantum Physics.
If you want to know what a quantum physicist does all day, make sure you click on this YouTube link:
Best Global Universities for Quantum Physics
As a student, you might want to pursue quantum physics from the most reputed university in the world. Here are the lists of the top universities for quantum physics.
|1||Massachusetts University of Technology||USA||USD 54,000
(INR 45 Lakhs)
|2||Stanford University||USA||USD 54,000
(INR 44 Lakhs)
|3||Harvard University||USA||USD 52,000
(INR 43 Lakhs)
|4||University of Cambridge||UK||GBP 30,000
(INR 30 Lakhs)
|5||University of Oxford||UK||GBP 44,000
(INR 43 Lakhs)
|6||University of California||USA||USD 40,000
(INR 33 Lakhs)
(INR 44 Lakhs)
|8||Princeton University||USA||USD 57,000
(INR 47 Lakhs)
|9||ETH Zurich||Switzerland||Swiss Franc 38,000
(INR 34 Lakhs)
|10||The University of Tokyo||Japan||Yen 525,800
(INR 32 Lakhs)
Quantum Physics Admission Process to Study Abroad
The admission process in quantum physics is extremely overwhelming as you’re going to pursue the most fundamental part of physics. However, when you contact Leverage Edu, the professionals will help you with the admission process. Let’s discuss the eligibility criteria to become a quantum physicist.
If you successfully want to become a quantum physicist after completing quantum physics courses, make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Make sure you have an undergraduate degree in physics. This is because the UG degree will allow you to choose entry-level jobs.
- Work with the lab technicians or as a research assistant to gain valuable experience.
- Make sure you pass the GRE test as it’s extremely essential to become a quantum physicist.
- If you’re planning to enrol in a foreign university, you must score at least 6.5 on the IELTS exam and 88 on the TOEFL exam.
- You also need to have a doctoral degree in quantum physics.
- Boost your career options by focusing on numerous post-doctoral research projects.
This is another important aspect you need to keep in mind if you’re planning to become a quantum physicist. However, the application process might get overwhelming. This is where the professional from Leverage Edu will help you. It’s important to complete the application process without any mistakes. Here are crucial things to consider:
- Call us and we will help you shortlist your favourite quantum physics universities. But you need to submit your application to multiple universities to broaden your chances of getting selected.
- Compile all essential documents. Don’t make mistakes while submitting the documents.
- Submit the application before the deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Accept the offer letter
- Don’t forget to get your visa approved.
The documentation process is one of the most essential steps you should consider. However, making some common mistakes will jeopardize your application. The documents you need to submit are::
- Educational certificates- As you’re going for the highest fundamental degree in physics, you need to provide your other mark sheets such as the 12th mark sheet, UG mark sheet, etc.
- Letter of recommendation
- Letter of intent
- Financial documents
- Statement of purpose
Best Universities for Quantum Physics in India
If you’re planning to get a quantum physics degree from India, here are the top colleges that you should choose:
- Indian Institute of Science
- IIT, Jodhpur
- IIT, Madras
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research
How to Pursue a Career in Quantum Physics?
If you’re someone who wants to build a great career in quantum physics, here are some essential tips you should remember:
Take an Internship
While you’re pursuing a degree, make sure you also gain internships as they will help you gain additional knowledge. You need to search for internships in physics. In addition, pay close attention to the job boards.
Choose a Niche
This is one of the most important tips you need to remember while pursuing a career in quantum physics. There are numerous quantum-related subjects available to study such as medical nanotechnology and quantum computing. Make sure you go through various specializations and focus on the learning.
Quick Read: Learn About Quantum Computing
Career and Jobs Prospects
Many students ask what type of jobs they can get and what will be their pay scale as quantum physicists. Here are the career opportunities and job prospects you need to know about quantum physics.
Where Do Quantum Physicists Work?
As a quantum physicist, you can implement your knowledge and skills in various sectors and settings to research and technology development. Some of the common options are:
- Industrial Jobs: As a quantum physicist, you can get jobs in industrial sectors where you will be responsible for data science, research, and quantum computing. You might also need to work with lasers and semiconductors which will help you develop new technologies.
- University Jobs: You will have multiple career options as a quantum physicist. You can become a professor at the most reputed universities in the world. Some specific universities allow professors to contribute or create in the quantum physics field.
- Government Jobs: When you get a government job, you might have to research, create new technologies, or become a consultant in the subject matter.
Best Jobs for a Quantum Physicist
When you become a successful quantum physicist, here are the best jobs you can get:
Salary for a Quantum Physicist
Here is a table that would help you understand the salary and pay scale of a quantum physicist:
|USA||USD 130,000 (INR 1 Core)|
|UK||GBP 50,000 (INR 49 Lakhs)|
|Canada||CAD 65,000 (INR 39 Lakhs)|
|Australia||AUD 129,000 (INR 71 Lakhs)|
|India||INR 7 Lakhs|
Want to study abroad but are worried about expenses? Let Leverage Finance help you!
The primary reason to learn quantum physics is to know the potential of quantum science so that you can know how matter and particles work. You will also know how the universe works through the higher dimensions.
If you love maths and science and want to dedicate your life to research purposes, then quantum physics is the perfect career option for you.
The demand for quantum physicists is increasing rapidly in every country.
If you want to get into a high-ranked university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.