Germany is offering the SBW Berlin Scholarship to International Students. The scholarship is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students. International students who have already demonstrated social commitment and would like to undertake social projects during their studies or after their studies at a non-profit/social organization can apply. However, the project must contribute to the improvement of living conditions in the home country. Students meeting the eligibility requirements can apply between May 15 to Jun 30, 2024. The application window would also be open between November 15 to Dec 31, 2024.
SBW Berlin Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
The target group for this scholarship is the student visa/residence permit holders and the foreign nationals whose country of origin requires development. The eligibility criteria for the SBW scholarship are as follows:
- The applicant must be between the ages of 18-30 and must have volunteering/professional experience in a Non-Profit or social sector.
- Additionally, the applicant must be enrolled at a university/ University of Applied Sciences in Berlin or Potsdam.
- The applicant must demonstrate the intention to work for more than 18 months in the country of origin after graduation or to take part in charitable works in Germany till the repayment plan is complete
- Moreover, the applicant must demonstrate that he/she has not resided in Germany for more than 18 months
- The student must also have obtained an average grade equivalent to 2.0 (German Grade Point) and must have proven low income.
- The applicant must also not have any 1st-degree family members who are permanent residents of Germany
- Any additional eligibility requirements specified by the organization
SBW Berlin Scholarship Benefits
The SBW Berlin Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship program. The scholarship benefits would include the following:
- The scholarship would provide a tuition fee waiver
- The beneficiaries would receive, monthly income support, travel reimbursement, and accommodation allowance
- Additionally, allowances to meet the living expenses are provided
Interested students must submit relevant documents such as LOR and submit the form. The first deadline for the scholarship application is on Jun 30, 2024.