The University of Queensland is offering a Destination Australia Scholarship for International students. The scholarship intends to benefit future University of Queensland Undergraduate and Postgraduate students. That is, students undertaking agricultural and animal sciences, science, and mathematics courses.
The Destination Australia Scholarship grant is for students who demonstrate academic excellence, financial hardships, experiences, and employability. The beneficiaries receive an amount of AUD $15,000/INR 12.36 lakh for the entire course duration. However, the number of scholarships granted may vary.
The Destination Australia Scholarship application is set to open from November, 2023. The deadline for the same is January 2024.
Destination Australia Scholarship Eligibility
The Destination Australia Scholarship is funded by the Australian Government Department. The aim of the scholarship is to attract International students to study in Australia. Moreover, the scholarship aims to grow and develop regional Australian tertiary education providers. However, to attain the scholarship the students must meet the eligibility requirements. These are:
- Must be an international students holding a student visa for the scholarship duration
- Must have received an offer letter to study at the UQ Gatton Campus in 2023
- Moreover, the student must be a UQ alumni starting a different program. For example, Master’s after completing a Bachelor’s degree.
- Additionally, the student must be willing to study full time via Internal study mode at UQ’s Gatton Campus for the duration of the scholarship
- The student must also be willing to reside in a regional area of Australia for the scholarship duration. That is, the Australian Statistical Geography Standard Remoteness Structure 2016 defined area.
- Moreover, the student must be studying an eligible course to receive the scholarship.
Destination Australia Scholarship Selection Criteria
The Destination Australia Scholarship selection is made on the basis of the academic merit, and the personal statement submitted by the student.
Moreover, the student must fulfill all the eligibility requirements. Bachelor of Agricultural Science, Bachelor of Equine Science, Bachelor of Veterinary Science (Honors), Bachelor of Veterinary Technology, Bachelor of Wildlife Science, Master of Agribusiness, are some of the eligible courses.
Interested students can apply for the scholarship from November 2023. Students can visit the official website for the same. The application deadline is January, 2023.