The ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship 2024 (Asia Pacific) is open to Indian, Australian, and Singaporean students. It is a fully funded scholarship available for students to undertake research in a Swiss laboratory of the student’s choice. The scholarship is jointly funded by the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI), and the Embassies of Switzerland in Singapore. The aim is to increase research opportunities in Switzerland and to encourage exchange between Swiss and Asia-Pacific institutions and universities. The deadline for the scholarship is on 6 February 2024. This scholarship is available for 2-3 months.
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship 2024 Eligibility
The ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship 2024 eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Enroll in an accredited university in India, Singapore, or Australia.
- Moreover, the applicant must be pursuing a Master’s degree or have completed 2nd year of the undergraduate program.
- Additionally, the applicants must present a written confirmation about enrollment for a research stay (group/lab) from a Swiss university or research institution
- Encourage Indian applicants with an interest in One Health, Antimicrobial Research (AMR), climate change, and biodiversity to apply.
- However, doctoral and postdoctoral students are not eligible to apply
ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship 2024 Application Procedure
The ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship application procedure is as follows. Submit the application form and all other documents in a PDF format.
- A cover letter describing the research project. For example, presenting an overview of the milestones and tasks of the project, and explaining the reason for awarding the scholarship)
- A CV, and copy of the current university transcripts
- Additionally, the student must submit a letter of acceptance from the hosting institution and/or the professor in Switzerland
- Moreover, the applicant has to submit a LOR from a current professor describing the abilities of the student.
Note: Foreign language skills are not necessary for the research stay in Switzerland. The working language of the research would be in English. Moreover, the scholarship does not include research at private higher education or research institutions.