The University of Birmingham has launched a Global Masters Scholarship for the academic year 2023-24. The university grants the scholarship to ensure that financial concerns do not become a barrier for education. However, the scholarship only meant for postgraduate students.
The Global Masters Scholarship benefit is £2,000/INR 2.10 lakh. UOB deducts the amount from the total tuition fees. Interested students can apply for the scholarship as soon as possible. However, to be eligible for the scholarship the student must have received an offer letter.
Global Masters Scholarship Eligibility
The Global Masters Scholarship eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The applicant must have received an offer letter from the university to study a full time Master’s taught programme.
- Additionally, the applicant must be a citizen of one of the eligible countries. For example, India, Bangladesh, Egypt, Mexico, Sri Lanka, etc.
- Moreover, the student must be classified as a ‘overseas student’ for fee paying purposes
- The applicant must commence their education in September/October 2023
- However, students from the University of Birmingham Dubai campus are not eligible for the scholarship. Moreover, students applying for programmes at the Birmingham Business School are also excluded from the scholarship.
Global Masters Scholarship Application Process
The Global Masters Scholarship is automatically granted to students who have received an offer letter from the university. However, to secure the scholarship the student must be ‘normally registered’ by 3rd October (UK time).
Additionally, the applicant must also pay the standard £2,000 (GBP) admissions deposit by the deadline set by the University. Moreover, the student must have sufficient finance to cover the living expenses in the UK.
The university will make the effort to include the scholarship details into each student’s CAS record for the visa application process. Apply for scholarships in the UK. To discover more news updates like this one visit the study abroad experts at Leverage Edu