Football, or soccer in the US, is one of the biggest sports with international players. Due to soccer scholarships in the USA, many European soccer players have started their university degrees and kept playing their sport.
The following university divisions offer soccer scholarships: NCAA Divisions I, II, III, NAIA, and NJCAA. There are also different levels of soccer within these divisions, so there will be a variety of schools that could be good options for you.
Must Read: Study Abroad Scholarships
List Of Sports Scholarships In The US For International Students
- Alabama Football Scholarship
Sports fans should know about the Alabama Crimson Tide’s football team. It’s a big deal for young student-athletes to get these American sports scholarships since the teams compete for national championships. They’re NCAA Division I scholarships, so they’re pretty competitive. You can choose from basketball, golf, rowing, tennis, football, softball, diving, gymnastics, swimming, and more.
2. Notre Dame Football Scholarship
Being able to play football for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish is a big deal. International students can get full scholarships to Notre Dame if they know about the Notre Dame Football Scholarship programme. Tuition costs around $49,685 for in-state and out-of-state students, so apply now. Getting one is awesome! But It’s not easy playing college football for the Irish, and it’s hard work. So get to work.
3. Wake Forest Men’s Soccer Scholarship
Among the best USA sports scholarships for soccer is Wake Forest, which has one of the best men’s soccer programmes in the country. The in-state tuition and out-of-state tuition are expected to total $49,308, so getting full-ride makes it one of the best sports scholarships in the USA.
Soccer Scholarships USA: Important Documents
It’s important to create a profile for your academics and sports, upload videos, enter competitions, get experience, and keep statistics. It’s important to create a video that showcases your skills, highlights from competitions and matches, and some training videos.
If you want to apply for soccer scholarships in the USA, you’ll need these documents:
- School grades: Get official transcripts from every high school you went to. It should show your grades, awards, and special projects.
- You’ll need to share your SAT or ACT scores if you’re applying for NCAA Division I and II scholarships. You can use these scores to show colleges how prepared you are.
- Get letters of recommendation from coaches, teachers, or mentors. You should talk about your school skills, soccer talents, personality, and hard work in these letters.
- Write essays about who you are, what you love, and why you want a soccer scholarship. Your goals and motivations are better understood by coaches and schools when you write a good essay.
- Show off your soccer skills with a video. These videos help coaches figure out if you’ll fit into their team and how good you are.
- Sign up with the NCAA Eligibility Center if you want to play in Division I or II. There’s a chance they’ll ask for more documents, like extra transcripts.
- Register with the NAIA Eligibility Center for NAIA scholarships. They might want transcripts, test scores, and evidence that you’re a soccer fan.
- Depending on the scholarship, they might ask for other stuff, like proof that you live in the US, a financial aid form, or a letter from a person you know.
Also Read: Study in UK 2023
It’s advisable to start researching and preparing for soccer scholarships as early as your sophomore year in high school. This gives you time to build your academic record, improve your soccer skills, and gather the necessary application documents.
To be eligible for NCAA Division I or II soccer scholarships, you must meet academic standards, including maintaining a minimum GPA, completing specific core courses, and adhering to amateurism rules. Each division has its own criteria.
Yes, both NCAA and NAIA offer scholarships to international student-athletes. However, there are additional requirements, including completing the NCAA Initial Eligibility Certification process, meeting English language proficiency standards, and obtaining a student visa.
Exploring study abroad scholarships? Still trying to figure out how to go about it? You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process to realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.