Students who wish to study in abroad countries like the USA, Canada, and Australia should appear for the SAT exam. The full form of the SAT is the Scholastic Aptitude Test. It is a standardized examination that is conducted by College boards in India to assess the candidate’s proficiency in different sections such as Reading, Writing, and Mathematics. Scoring well can be difficult in the SAT exam. The good score range in SAT exam is 1200-1400 and to score these the candidates have to follow some tips. In this blog, we have listed down some tips for SAT and scoring well.
|SAT Full Form||Scholastic Assessment Test|
|Mode of Exam||Pen and paper-based|
|Duration||3 Hours 15 Minutes|
This Blog Includes:
Best SAT Tips: Section-Wise Tips to Prepare for SAT
As said before, there are three main sections in the SAT exam i.e. Reading, Writing and Mathematics. It is very important to know the section-wise tips for better understanding and implementation of the exam. Here are some tips section-wise for better preparation:
SAT Reading Tips
Here are some tips to help you excel in the SAT Reading section:
- Answer easier questions first to build confidence.
- Practice regularly with official SAT materials.
- Review your work if time allows.
- Pay attention to details for specific questions.
- Identify the main idea of each passage.
SAT Writing Tips
Here are some SAT Writing tips in short:
- Consider tone and style: Pay attention to the author’s tone and style when making revisions.
- Ensure your essay has smooth transitions between ideas and paragraphs.
- Proofread your essay: Check for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Revise and edit: If you have time, review and revise your essay for clarity.
- Time management: Allocate your time wisely between the type of questions and the essay.
SAT Mathematics Tips
Here are SAT Mathematics tips in bullet-point format:
- Understand the test format: Know the two parts – calculator-allowed and calculator-not-allowed.
- Use your calculator wisely; it’s not always necessary.
- Practice with official SAT materials to understand question types.
- Check your work if you have time left at the end of the section.
- Manage your time wisely, and don’t get stuck on a single question.
Also Read: SAT Registration
SAT Tips: General Tips
Other than the section-wise tips, here are some general tips that a candidate can practice to score best in it:
- Time Management: Manage your time wisely during each section. Don’t spend too much time on one question.
- Stay Focused: Concentrate on the test and don’t let distractions affect your performance.
- Stay Calm: Manage test anxiety by taking deep breaths and staying calm. Stress can affect your performance.
- Read Directions Carefully: Always read the directions for each section and question.
- Practice with Official Materials: Use official SAT practice tests and questions from the College Board.
Best Books to Prepare for the SAT Exam
There are many preparation materials that a candidate should use while preparing for the exam. Some of these are previous year’s paper’s online tests and others. One of the most commonly used preparation materials is books. These are the best-referred books that a candidate can use for their preparation:
|Digital SAT Crash Course Guide||Click Here|
|SAT Prep Black Book: The Most Effective SAT Strategies Ever Published||Click Here|
|The Critical Reader: The Complete Guide to SAT Reading||Click Here|
|Dr. Jang’s SAT 800 Math Workbook||Click Here|
|Princeton Review SAT Premium Prep, 2023: 9 Practice Tests + Review & Techniques + Online Tools||Click Here|
Also Read: Top Universities Accepting SAT Scores
The full form of the SAT is the Scholastic Assessment Test.
Generally good SAT score varies from 1200-1400. The average SAT score accepted is 1000-1200.
The main sections of the SAT are Reading, Writing, and Mathematics with a calculator and no calculator.
If you are someone who wants to know what your true potential is, then sign up for a free session with our experts at Leverage Edu and find out where your excellence lies.