When a student decides to pursue higher education overseas, there are numerous factors that overwhelm them. It takes more than just narrowing down the institutions to choose from before settling on the ideal location; one must also consider things like university rankings, accommodations, and scholarships, to name a few. One of the best ways to lessen the cost is to apply for scholarships. Scholarships assist students in more ways than just helping them manage their finances and focus on their studies while studying abroad. Through this blog, we will be discussing one of the popular scholarships, the Melbourne Research Scholarship 2023. Keep reading to know more:
|Name of The Scholarship||Melbourne Research Scholarship 2023|
|Level of Study||Masters/PhD|
|Name of the Institution||The University of Melbourne, Australia|
|Scholarship Type||Full Tuition Fee Waiver|
|Program Period||2 years for students pursuing a Master’s degree through research.
4 years for students pursuing a doctoral degree.
|Number of positions||Approximately 600|
|Deadline||Varies, depending on the course.|
Also Read: Study in Australia
This Blog Includes:
Also Read: MBA Scholarships in Australia
Melbourne Research Scholarship 2023: Overview
High-achieving domestic and international research students can apply for the Melbourne Research Scholarship 2023. Outstanding research students from Australia and around the world can benefit from this incredible opportunity provided by Melbourne University to study in Australia. Government-funded University of Melbourne makes contributions to society in a variety of areas, such as science, education, and engagement. It is frequently listed as one of the top colleges in the world.
These scholarships are given for a variety of courses offered by several Melbourne Schools and include a stipend in addition to a fee reduction. The academic standing of their most recent degree earned and their potential for future research in their field of study are taken into account when scoring and ranking eligible applications.
Also Read: All About Upcoming Intakes in Australia
Eligibility Criteria for Melbourne Research Scholarship 2023
In order to be eligible for MRS 2023 below mentioned criteria:
- A Master by Research or Doctoral degree at the University of Melbourne must have been applied for, and you must also meet the entry requirements.
- Students must be enrolled at the University of Melbourne right now in a research degree programme.
For new and returning students, the Melbourne Research Scholarship application procedure differs.
Procedure for New Students to Apply
For individuals intending to apply for the degree programme in 2023, no separate scholarship application is necessary. The scholarship is automatically awarded to those who submit their admissions application before the deadline. Eligible applicants will get an email within seven days of submitting their applications assuring them that their applications will be reviewed for the Melbourne Research Scholarship.
Process for Continued Students to Apply
For those who are already registered in a graduate research programme, an online application is required.
Academic merit is used to judge each application for the Melbourne Research Scholarship.
The University of Melbourne’s graduate admissions committee looks over each applicant’s biography and determines if they qualify for the scholarship. Candidates were ranked based on their academic performance on their most recent degree as well as their potential for future research in the chosen subject of study.
Factors that influence the decision to award a scholarship
- While academic merit is an important selection criterion, other considerations also play a role in the selection process.
- Completion of an academic programme equivalent to the research course.
- Professional experience that is relevant.
- Publications that have been published or cited.
- Special Credentials
Also Read: Scholarship Application Checklist
Benefits of Melbourne Research Scholarship 2023
Both domestic and foreign students studying for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne are eligible for the Melbourne Research Scholarship. Students who are returning and new to the programme can apply for this scholarship programme.
Candidates are shortlisted and chosen by university officials based on criteria such as job history, completion of a relevant degree, academic standing, etc.
- For students pursuing a doctoral degree, the total tuition may be waived for up to four years or up to two years for those pursuing a master’s by research.
- For students pursuing a Master by Research degree or a doctoral degree, the living allowance is $34,400 (INR 28.44 Lakh) (per year pro rata (2022 full-time study rate) for up to two years or 3.5 years, depending on the length of the programme. The living allowance is subject to annual indexing and includes a meagre amount of paid sick, maternity, and parental leave.
- While students coming from outside of Australia will receive a $3000 (INR 2.48 Lakh) grant, students moving from other States or Territories besides Victoria will receive a $2000 (INR 1.65 Lakh) relocation award.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership is offered for foreign students who require a student visa to study in Australia.
Ans: $34,400 (INR 28.44 Lakh) (per year pro rata (2022 full-time study rate) for up to two years or 3.5 years.
Ans: The scholarship covers the first year’s tuition for an undergraduate programme in the amount of $10,000. For the following three years, the scholarship will cover 50% of the cost of tuition.
Ans: In Australia, the typical PhD pay is $65,208 (INR 53.91 Lakh) per year, or $33.44 (INR 2765) per hour. Entry-level salaries begin at $47,192 (INR 39.02 Lakh) annually.
This was all about Melbourne Research Scholarship 2023. Get in touch with the team of experts at Leverage Edu in order to skyrocket your study abroad dream.