A quality engineer is a person who is responsible for the production process. They have to make sure that the product is finished in a safe, and dependable way. As a result, quality engineers design quality tests, create documentation, and test procedures, specify requirements, resolve problems, and keep track of quality standards. Keep reading to know more about the industry, the quality engineering syllabus, the highest salary, universities and more.
This Blog Includes:
What Does a Quality Engineer Do?
At every stage of the manufacturing process, the job of a quality engineer is to collaborate with several stakeholders to ensure that the quality of the product meets the set standards. Below are the roles and responsibilities.
- To ensure that the quality of the product satisfies the client and legal requirements. A quality management system (QMS) is used to record the process, method, and roles involved in accomplishing the policies and objectives on the factory floor.
- Ensuring Quality control. That is, to ensure that the manufacturing sample complies with the necessary design requirements or quality standards.
- Using the six sigma methodology for process improvement
- Making quality designs and using the Taguchi Method. The Taguchi Method emphasizes the use of materials that work in several situations.
- Imagining the worst-case scenario and planning solutions to mitigate risks. It is also called quality risk management.
- Lastly, a quality engineer has to make sure of reliability engineering. It means avoiding failures and lessening their frequency.
Also Read: Top Engineering Colleges in Canada
How to Become a Quality Engineer?
Below are the steps that you can follow to become a good quality engineer.
At least an associate degree. It will help them to learn about the basics of quality assurance, documentation, and testing practices. However, for senior positions, you might require a master’s degree.
The second step is to gain experience in the field. For this purpose, you can work as an intern or do entry-level jobs. It will help you to gain real-world experience to become successful.
- Gain certification
Gaining certification is useful to become successful in this industry. The CQE Certification by the American Society for Quality covers topics such as management and leadership, quality system, product, and process design, product and process control, continuous improvement, quantitative methods and tools, and risk management.
Here are the most common quality engineer certifications.
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Lead Auditor
- Engineer In Training Certification (EIT)
- Master Quality Manager (MQM)
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Certified Quality Technician
After gaining the certification, you can renew it every three years to ensure that your knowledge is up to date.
Eligibility Criteria and Documentation
Below are the eligibility criteria to become a quality engineer in India
- The candidates have to present the marks they scored in the 12th exam
- Should have scored at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination
- To apply to the U.S.A, students are required to present a GRE score. A GRE score of 290 will ensure that you will get into a good university.
- For foreign universities along with the above qualifications, students are required to present documents. It includes a Letter of recommendation, a statement of purpose, and proof of their English language proficiency. For example, the IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE results.
Students will have to inculcate the following skills:
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Time management
Quality Engineering Top Colleges Abroad
Below is the list of the top colleges where you can apply for quality engineering.
|College Name||Country||Total fees||Fees in INR|
|Lambton college||Canada||CAD 26,920||16.42 lakh|
|Conestoga college||Canada||CAD 9067.50||5.53 lakh|
|University of Manchester||U.K||£30,000||30.30 lakh|
Worried about your finances? Get in touch with our experts at Fly Finance
Top Industries with Quality Engineers in Demand
Below are the top industries with a demand for quality engineering. In these industries, students can apply for quality engineering jobs.
|2||Food and beverage|
|4||Medical and Pharmaceutical|
|5||Aviation, defense, and space|
|6||Energy (gas, oil, nuclear, and chemical)|
Also Read: Best Engineering Courses
Job Profile and Salary
Salary in India can vary on the basis of experience. Below is a list of salary ranges for freshers and for experienced candidates.
|Position||Salary Range for Freshers||Salary Range for Experienced Candidate|
|New Product Development Quality Engineer||INR 6.00 Lakh – 15.00 Lakh||INR 15.00 Lakh|
|Quality Assurance Engineer||INR 4.00 Lakh – 7.00 Lakh||INR 7.00 Lakh|
|Senior R&D Quality Engineer||INR 2.00 Lakh- 6.00 Lakh||INR 6.00 Lakh|
Here is a list of the quality engineer salary in United States
|State||Average salary||Salary in INR|
|New York||$80,667||65.73 lakh|
|North Carolina||$71,720||54.44 lakh|
To become a quality assurance engineer it might take you 4 years. Hence, it is said to be hard to become a quality engineer.
On average a quality engineer in India earns around INR 4 lakhs per month.
An associate degree in quality engineering.
A Quality engineer is a great career to go for. They help in saving time and cost of the product, improve planning, and deliver better quality products. Need help with study abroad admissions? Call us at 1800 572 000 and book our free 30-minute counseling session today.