Front office management refers to the management of the reception areas of a business, hotel, or healthcare facility. In layman’s language, it involves a bunch of duties such as allocation of rooms, handling guests, addressing complaints, and the entire management of the front desk. These courses can be undergraduate, postgraduate, or diploma, depending on the educational institution. In this blog, we will explore front office management courses. So, let’s begin.
|Course Name||Front Office Management|
|Study Level||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, Certificate|
|Duration||6 months – 2 years|
|Job Profiles||Office Manager, General Manager, Customer Service Executive, Restaurant Manager, etc.|
This Blog Includes:
Why Pursue Front Office Management Courses?
Pursuing front office management courses can prove to be one of the most advantageous decisions for your career. Why? Here are a few reasons that can help you understand its importance better:
- Leadership roles: These courses extend the necessary knowledge and skills required for high leadership positions.
- Customer service: Students pursuing this course learn to gain extensive experience in customer service to accommodate diverse needs and deliver high-quality services.
- Career opportunities: Pursuing a front office management course can provide you with a plethora of career options in the hospitality industry.
- Sales and marketing: A front office management course equips students with the different marketing strategies that help in increasing the overall sales.
- Networking: Students get a chance to interact with experienced faculty and top experts in their preferred field which further helps them build a network.
- Skills learned: These courses help students gain a plethora of skills such as communication skills, time management, analytical skills, multitasking, and so on. This not only helps them stay relevant in the job market but also excel in their career.
Also Read: Pursue Hotel Management Abroad
Here are a few universities that offer front office management courses along with their fees and more details.
|University of the Commonwealth Caribbean||Front Office Management|
|Skyline University College, Sharjah UAE||Certificate In Front Office Management|
|Rockland Community College||Front Office Management|
|The State University of New York||Front Office Management|
|Lewis Clark State College||Front Office Management|
|Springfield Research University||Advanced Diploma in Front Office Management|
|Boston College||Diploma in Front Office Management|
- Students who wish to pursue an undergraduate front office management course must have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Candidates are required to achieve at least 50-55% marks during their high school studies to become eligible.
- Applicants wanting to pursue postgraduate front office management courses must obtain a bachelor’s degree in the same field with at least 50-55% marks.
- International students might also have to prove their language skills by taking English Language Proficiency Test (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo).
Here is a list of documents that you need to submit as part of your application process to seek admission in your desired educational institution:
- A filled application form
- Proof of finances
- A passport
- A visa
- All academic transcripts
- Work experience (if any)
- LOR and SOP
- Proof of English Language Proficiency tests.
Also Read: Hospitality Management Courses
1. First, gather your official academic transcripts from high school and other educational institutions.
3. If you are unsure about which university to shortlist, use our AI University Course Finder tool to ease the process.
4. Next, register on the official website and create a new student profile to begin.
5. Fill out the application form by entering your personal and academic details.
6. Upload the necessary documents as mentioned on your screen.
7. Finally, pay the application fee and submit your application.
To pursue a front office management course, students must possess specific skills that will make things easier for them. Here are a few examples for better understanding:
- Reading and writing in English
- Good communication skills
- Basic mathematics
- Management skills
- Organization skills
- Complaint compliance
Overview of Course Syllabus
Front office management courses are designed to equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge required to thrive in the hospitality industry. The curriculum exposes students to a wide range of subjects including customer service, leadership, administration, and so on. Students pursuing this course explore the intricacies of different front office operations and learn helpful problem-solving strategies. Apart from this, students also gain real-world exposure through internships and hands-on training.
Also Read: Diploma in Hotel Management
Job Scope After Pursuing Front Office Management Courses
Pursuing a front office management course can open up tons of job options in the hospitality industry. Graduates of this field have the opportunity to take up different job roles such as general manager, event manager, hotel manager, customer service executive, and so on. In addition to this, the scope after pursuing a front office management course sometimes extends to cruise lines and travel agencies. By building a strong foundation in leadership and management, this course surely prepares students for a well-rewarding career.
Job Profiles and Salary
Here are a few commonly pursued job opportunities after completing a front-office management degree.
|Job Profile||Annual Salary|
|Accommodation manager||$56,336 – $79,736|
|Catering manager||$58,191 – $67,420|
|Hotel manager||$60,795 – $71,095|
|Front office manager||$52,812 – $58,891|
|Restaurant manager||$51,791 – $64,143|
Also Read: Hotel Management Courses After 12th
There are a bunch of front office courses that students can pursue to land a job in their preferred industry. It includes diploma in front office management, PG diploma in front office management, BAA in hotel and tourism management, BA front office management, BSc in hospitality and tourism, etc. You can also consider the above-mentioned courses in the blog.
Students wanting to pursue hotel management can find tons of top-ranking universities all around the world. Among others, countries like Switzerland, France, the USA, UK, France are the most popular destinations.
In general cases, the two main areas of front office operations include the reception and sales area.
This blog covers all the information you need to know about front office management courses abroad. If you have queries or suggestions, drop them in the comments below. For further help, our expert team at Leverage Edu is available to assist you. Drop us a call at 1800572000 today to get an absolutely free counseling session!