Do you dedicate your life to maintaining good health? Are nutrition, exercise, and coaching important aspects of your life? If you already work in physical education, wellness, or coaching, you might want to think about advancing your position. Pursuing a degree in sports medicine masters is one way to advance your career. This career has a good scope worldwide.
Sports Medicine Masters will build your ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team and advance your medical knowledge and abilities will benefit from it. You will build confidence through your academic studies, and reinforce your learning through active practice with patients. In order to gain practical knowledge in this field you’ll be instructed by Experts and clinician-scientists who frequently work with elite athletes. While working with medical doctors, physiotherapists, podiatrists, and other sports medicine practitioners will develop your expertise in the sports medicine field.
|Course Name||Sports Medicine Master|
|Course Duration||2 years|
|Course Fee||10 Lakh to 20 Lakh|
|Salary||15 Lakh to 24 Lakh|
This Blog Includes:
- What is a Sports Medicine Master?
- Why study Sports Medicine Master?
- What Will Students Experience?
- Sports Medicine Masters: Eligibility Criteria
- Global Universities for Sports Medicine Masters
- Documents Required
- Sports Medicine Masters: Course Curriculum
- Cost of Studying
- Sports Medicine Masters: Career Scope
What is a Sports Medicine Master?
Students will be able to grasp the fundamental ideas and abilities of sports and exercise medicine with this curriculum. Give you the knowledge and abilities to evaluate sports injuries, comprehend the available treatments, and comprehend the physiological and psychological advantages of exercise and how to use it as a health tool.
Why study Sports Medicine Master?
The course includes core modules intended to give you a chance to improve your practical and theoretical knowledge in the field while also helping you build the foundational skills necessary to advance personally should you decide to pursue accreditation down the road, such as with BASES, UKSCA, or ISPAS.
A skilled group of instructors who specialise in the subdiscipline routes and have publications in those areas teach the course. The entire curriculum has an applied focus, and the BASES-accredited sports science laboratories are used to their fullest extent.
You will be intellectually challenged during every lecture, and you will also gain experience and knowledge of how research informs and is informed by practice thanks to the aforementioned critical components of teaching excellence and research, as well as the applied practical experience of many staff members who have worked with national and international athletes and teams.
Must Read: Importance of Sports in a Student’s Life
What Will Students Experience?
This program will help students to explore:
- Offer you the chance to learn the fundamental ideas and abilities of sports and exercise medicine.
- Give you the knowledge and abilities to evaluate sports injuries, comprehend the available treatments, and comprehend the physiological and psychological advantages of exercise and how to use it as a health tool.
- Give yourself regular access to athletes and sportspeople for clinical purposes.
- Acquaint you with guest lecturers who are professionals in the field of sports medicine.
Sports Medicine Masters: Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible to pursue Sports Medicine Master, candidates must fulfil the following requirements:
- Candidates should have an MBBS degree from a recognized university.
- Candidates must have scored at least 50% marks.
- Candidates have to qualify entrance exam as an additional requirement by some universities.
- Lastly, the names of selected candidates will be declared in the merit list.
Also Checkout: Career in Sports Science
Global Universities for Sports Medicine Masters
Check out these universities offering Sports Medicine Masters Course:
|University Name||Course Name||Course Fee|
|Solent University||MSc Clinical Exercise Science||Euro 14,300
(INR 12.59 Lakh)
|University of Brighton||Applied Sport Physiology MSc||GBP 13,572
(INR 13.61 Lakh)
|University of East London||MSc Clinical Exercise Physiology||Euro 14,340
(INR 12.63 Lakh)
|University of Exeter||MSc Sport and Exercise Medicine||Euro 22,500
(INR 19.81 Lakh)
|University of Nottingham||Sports and Exercise Medicine MSc||Euro 14,000
(INR 12.33 Lakh)
|University of Glasgow||Sport and Exercise Science and Medicine MSc||Euro 10,560
(INR 9.30 Lakh)
|University of South Wales||MSc Sports and Exercise Medicine||Euro 15,100
INR 13.30 Lakh)
|University College London||Sports Medicine, Exercise and Health MSc||Euro 28,500
(INR 25.10 Lakh)
Check out these documents required when applying for a study abroad programme:
- Academic Transcripts
- Proof of Application Fee
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- Entrance Exam Requirements
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- English Proficiency Test Scores like IELTS and TOEFL
- Admission Essays
- Valid Passport
Sports Medicine Masters: Course Curriculum
In the field of sports and exercise medicine, students will have an international research reputation. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of dancers and athletes, allowing you to focus your research on the groups in which you are most interested. The quality of our students’ research output is demonstrated by the fact that many of them go on to publish in peer-reviewed publications.
This course offers an invaluable practical experience that gives you the chance to apply your knowledge in a practical sporting environment and develop important interpersonal skills while working with practical practitioners thanks to the requirement for an experiential learning placement within the course.
This course is appropriate for
- Students looking to pursue a career in the field of sports sciences and seeking postgraduate study with the chance for the supervised experience;
- Practitioners already employed in the industry (coaches, trainers, analysts, physiotherapists, and doctors); and
- Those looking to advance their knowledge before entering the research and academic sectors.
Sport and Exercise Medicine can be studied full-time for one year or part-time for two to four years to the MSc, PG Diploma, or PG Certificate levels.
- Candidates will have to complete a research project and an additional taught module to earn the MSc (equivalent to three modules).
- A blended learning technique is used to give instruction, which combines synchronous in-person instruction with asynchronous online lectures. This method is seen to be essential for helping you build practical, hands-on skills.
- All programme options include observational and applied clinic attendance as a crucial component of further clinical education.
Must Read: Build your Career in Sports
Cost of Studying
The average cost of studying a Sports Medicine Master’s ranges between 2 Lahks to 25 Lakh. This programme will further help students to counsel athletes of various ages and abilities on injury management, rehabilitation, and activity participation, students will investigate and assess complex information.
Sports Medicine Masters: Career Scope
The practice of sports medicine is gradually emerging as a promising career option, particularly for those interested in the fields of fitness and medicine, as the culture of sports and working out continues to spread throughout India. Dietician, MD medical consultant, orthopaedic, neuropathy doctor, etc. are all possible careers.
After completing your sports medicine master’s candidates can work in various job profiles, some of which are mentioned below:
- Exercise Psychologist
- Athletic Trainer
- Orthopedic Nurse
- Sports Psychologist
- Sports Medicine Nurse
- Orthopedic Surgeon
Many of our graduates go on to work for national organisations like the English Institute of Sport or professional sports clubs in the field of applied sports science. Several students continue on to PhD programmes or become lecturers in further and higher education.
Students are offered rewarding and challenging salaries. The average salary ranges from INR 15,00,000 to 24,00,000. Students will be offered prestigious and lucrative benefits after entering this field.
Must Read: Amazing Careers in Healthcare Industry
Ans. Exercise Science and Kinesiology are two degrees high in demand for the branch of sports medicine.
Ans. Step 1: Get your bachelor’s degree first: A bachelor’s degree is the initial requirement for a profession in sports medicine.
Step 2: Is to enrol in medical school.
Step 3: Finish a Residency.
Step 4: Look into a Fellowship.
Step 5: Obtain certification and licensure.
Ans. Orthopaedic experts that work with athletes and those who have musculoskeletal problems are known as sports medicine doctors. They are qualified to handle any problem connected to sports, including joint pain, osteoarthritis, and nutrition.
Looking forward to pursuing a career in sports medicine masters? If yes, then call our leverage edu experts for the application and admission process in top-notch universities. Call us immediately at 1800572000 for a 30-minute free counselling session.