The Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture, Kolkata grants the Debesh Kamal Scholarship to qualified students for the purpose of higher education and research abroad. Any Indian national can apply for this scholarship regardless of caste, race or religious belief. Candidates with good academic records can apply for this scholarship. Let us know more about the Debesh Kamal Scholarship.
|Name of the scholarship||Debesh Kamal Scholarship|
|Type of Scholarship||Merit-based|
|Offered by||Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture, Kolkata|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Scholarship amount||INR 1 lakh|
This Blog Includes:
Eligibility Criteria for Debesh Kamal Scholarship
To avail of the benefits of the Debesh Kamal Scholarship candidate has to fulfil certain eligibility criteria. Anyone can apply for the scholarship across India. Students must fulfil the following points to avail of the scholarship:
- Only citizens of India can apply for this scholarship
- The applicant must not be older than 30 years.
- Applicant must have been accepted by a recognised foreign university or equivalent institution.
- Research scholars/students must send an outline of their research project approved by the concerned university/institute along with the application.
How to Apply for Debesh Kamal Scholarship
To apply for the Debesh Kamal scholarship, candidates need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Applications for the scholarships along with any following correspondence should be sent to the Secretary at the Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture, Gol Park, Kolkata, with the subject line “Debesh-Kamal Scholarship” written on the outside of the envelope.
- Candidates must include a bank draft made out to the Secretary of the Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture with their application as the non-refundable application fee.
Applicants can send their applications to the address mentioned below:
Debesh Kamal Scholarship
Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture
Gol Park, Kolkata 700 029
CLICK HERE to download the Debesh Kamal Scholarship Application Form.
Documents Required for Application
Candidates need to submit a few documents along with the application form. Here is the list of the documents required for the scholarship:
- A passport-size photo
- Attested Identity proof
- Bank Draft
- Copies of academic transcripts and certifications that have been attested.
- Evidence of enrollment or acceptance to a university overseas.
- Overview of the research project that the university has approved (applicable for Research scholars)
- Any other document that supports the candidate’s application.
Grants Covered in the Scholarship
The candidates applying for the scholarship must also check the benefits of the Debesh Kamal Scholarship.
- First of all, a selection committee chosen by the Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture will assess all the applications that have been submitted.
- The shortlisted candidates will be invited to an individual interview process. The interview will be taken by the committee members.
- Candidates have to bear the travel expenses and come to Kolkata. However, applicants living more than 100 kilometres from Kolkata may get compensated for their train tickets.
- The selected candidates will then be given a scholarship amount of INR 1 lakh for one year.
Terms and Conditions
There are some terms and conditions a candidate must know before applying for the Debesh Kamal Scholarship:
- Students are supposed to have the necessary financial means to meet any expenses that are not covered by the scholarship because the maximum reward is only 1 lakh INR.
- Students enrolled in all courses will be considered for the scholarship. Yet applicants studying humanities and fundamental sciences will be given preference by the selection committee.
No, the age limit to apply for the Debesh Kamal scholarship is 30 years or less. The scholarship provides financial support to meritorious students who want to study abroad.
The selected candidate will get a reward of INR 1 lakh for one year. Applicants who want to study or research abroad can apply for this scholarship.
The mode of application for this scholarship is offline. The candidate has to send the duly filled application to Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture, Kolkata. Along with the application form, the student has to send a hard copy of the required documents.
The documents required are attested academic transcripts, a photo of the candidate, a bank draft, the university acceptance letter, and an overview of the research project.
This brings us to the end of this blog. Students planning to study abroad can apply for the Debesh Kamal scholarship as per the guidelines in this blog.
If you are planning to study abroad in the upcoming intakes get in touch with our study abroad experts at 1800-57-2000. And stay tuned to our scholarships page for more information related to various scholarship schemes to study abroad.