If you are interested in helping a company grow but also want something creative, constantly evolving with new trends and challenges and creativity then you must read about fashion marketing jobs. The job field is diverse and you get to work on the ground as well as in the office in a dynamic and constantly changing trend. And guess what? You will be the one to keep the business in trend and help the stakeholders market the products to relevant customers. Sounds really thrilling? Then here is your guide to finding the best Fashion Marketing Jobs abroad.
Creative right? Check out if these 10 High-Paying Jobs for Creative People & Thinkers 2020 suit your style.
This Blog Includes:
- What is Fashion Marketing?
- Roles and Responsibilities for Fashion Marketing
- Skills of a Good Fashion Marketer
- Top Fashion Marketing Jobs
- Best Countries to Make a Career in Fashion Marketing
- How to Become a Fashion Marketer Abroad in 2024?
- Best Companies Abroad to Get Marketing Jobs in the Fashion Industry
- Other Marketing Jobs Abroad for Indians
What is Fashion Marketing?
The marketing of clothing, accessories, apparel and footwear to the right audience is called fashion marketing. However, the tricky part was not to understand the title but the extent of involvement in the marketing and fashion industry. Your job will not only oversee the reels and social media accounts of the brand but also oversee overall marketing over the web, brand app and any other platform that the brand exists on. You will also identify potential areas of marketing for the product depending on the availability of customers and consumers which includes magazines, billboards and even events. Let us now understand the detailed roles and responsibilities in a fashion marketing job.
Roles and Responsibilities for Fashion Marketing
Your main goal will be to promote the brand idea. These jobs include roles like that of a copywriter social media manager, website content developer and many more. Therefore, it is essential to identify which arena of marketing interests you and you should choose your job role based on your expertise. Some common parameters of fashion marketing jobs are mentioned below for your reference.
- Creating Marketing Materials
- Predict and track various trends
- Develop Brand image
- Keep marketing budget under control
- Creating marketing strategies and plans
- Use campaigns to give consumer insights
You can also check out these Best High-Paying Social Media Jobs.
Skills of a Good Fashion Marketer
Appropriate skills are crucial for any job role including that of a fashion marketer. This skill set is not only something that you need to inculcate in yourself but is also reflected in your CV with the right keywords. Following are the skills that are considered good for a fashion marketer.
- CREATIVITY! CREATIVITY!…and CREATIVITY! First and foremost and should always be maintained.
- Passion to grow. Grow yourself in the career and industry and also grow a brand image and visibility in the market.
- Business mindedness. Yes, you ought to be creative but always consider the image and idea of your brand while doing so because at the end your goal is to grow the business.
- Ability to personalize with the customer. Identify their problems and personalise them in your brand as an understanding feature rather than a saleable product.
- Be curious. This includes trying on new trends and giving each project a stage of its own with unique features. Also, you should look at new trends, and campaign and event ideas and constantly be updated about what’s happening in the industry.
Wait, these Top Career Paths in the Fashion Industry seem just for you.
Top Fashion Marketing Jobs
To get a job in this field you must now understand what comes under the fashion marketing jobs. For your reference, here is a list of top fashion marketing jobs in the industry. These job roles are taken from the University of Manchester fashion marketing jobs that their recent graduates have been enrolled into.
- Data Analyst
- Design Manager
- Fashion Buyer
- Fashion blogger/journalist
- Fashion Marketer
- Fashion Researcher
- Garment Technician
- Product Developer
- Public Relations
- Retail Manager
- Supply Chain Specialist
- Trend Forecasting
The average annual salary for fashion marketing jobs abroad is around USD 25,000 to more than USD 152,000. However, the actual earnings are highly dependent on the position, expertise, experience and the country you have applied for the job. Here is a short analysis of fashion marketing salaries for different positions.
- The average annual salary of a marketing assistant is USD25344.50 – £26,000.
- The average annual salary of a marketing executive is £26,000 – £35,000.
- The average annual salary of a marketing manager is £37,000 – £45,000.
- The average annual salary of a senior marketing manager is £50,000 – £70,000.
- The average annual salary of a marketing director is £90,000 – £120,000.
Best Countries to Make a Career in Fashion Marketing
Here is a list of countries that are considered best in terms of job opportunities and salary provided for Fashion Marketing jobs abroad.
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
Do you have a minute for 10 Trending Careers and learn Why You Should Choose Them?
How to Become a Fashion Marketer Abroad in 2024?
Becoming a fashion marketer is not a tough nut to crack. We have given some points in shortcuts to help you go through the process.
- Attain the right qualifications. Get your degrees preferably in the field of communications, PR or Marketing.
- Get internships to gain some experience and improve your CV.
- Attend fashion events. This will help you meet the right people and get associated with fashion magazines and apps.
- Develop your skills. Invest in skills such as communication, strategising and other skills mentioned above to get the right jobs.
- Showcase your talent. The events you attend, the projects you did through your internship and the skills you have developed should be reflected in your CV as well as networking and social media sites like LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Research the best companies and countries and check their requirements.
- Apply for the jobs at multiple openings and keep following up with the employer.
- Get an offer letter and get your work requirements in the country sorted.
- Congratulations… You made it!
Best Universities to Make a Career in Fashion Marketing
Usually, a master’s level qualification is required to land a nicely paying salary in the Fashion Marketing field. Here are some world-famous universities to kickstart your career in Fashion Marketing.
- University of Borås, Spain
- IED – Istituto Europeo di Design Florence, Italy
- Academy of Art University, USA
- ESIC Business & Marketing School, Spain
- Conde Nast College, United Kingdom
- Milano Fashion Institute, Italy
- Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom
- University of Portsmouth, United Kingdom
- LaSalle College Montreal, Canada
Still, Wondering How to Become a Fashion Marketer? Here is a Detailed Guide
Best Companies Abroad to Get Marketing Jobs in the Fashion Industry
Here is a list of the best companies to work as a Fashion Marketer;
- Pretty Little Things
- JD Sports
- John Lewis
- Stella McCartney
- Boohoo plc
- Hugo Boss
- Marks and Spencer
- Paul Smith
- Urban Outfitters
Other Marketing Jobs Abroad for Indians
Here are some popular marketing jobs that Indians prefer and get easily abroad.
- Digital Marketing
- Sales and Marketing
- Marketing and Communications
- Product Marketing
- Web Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Marketing Analyst
- Alliance Marketing
If you want to know more, check out these 5 Highest Paying Marketing Jobs in the World
Moving further, if you want an amazing career in Marketing, here are the countries considered best for making a career in marketing abroad.
Your main goal will be to promote the brand idea. These jobs include roles like that of a copywriter to social media manager, website content developer and many more. Therefore, it is essential to identify which arena of marketing interests you and you should choose your job role based on your expertise.
If you are interested in helping a business grow but also want something creative, constantly evolving with new trends and challenges and creativity then you will love fashion marketing jobs. The job field is diverse and you get to work on the ground as well as in the office in a dynamic and constantly changing trend. You will also be the one to keep the business in trend and help the stakeholders market the products to relevant customers.
Here are the main steps to get fashion marketing jobs;
Attain the right qualifications.
Attend fashion events.
Develop your skills.
Showcase your talent.
Research the best companies and countries.
Apply for the jobs at multiple openings.
Attend the interviews and keep in touch with the employer.
This was all about how to become an It engineer, for more such blogs on jobs abroad, follow Leverage Edu.
You might have also read the below article: