Does BDes Fashion Designing sound interesting? A Bachelor of Design in Fashion is a four-year undergraduate course that helps students to cultivate their interest in fashion. It offers knowledge on designing fashion items such as accessories, clothes, and more, using the information on the latest fashion trends and styles. As an undergraduate course that garners much popularity among fashion students, it offers great opportunities and salary packages to students after completing their education. Read this blog to know everything about the BDes Fashion Designing syllabus, eligibility, top universities and more.
|Name of the Course||BDes Fashion Designing|
|Course Duration||4 years|
|Number of Semesters||8 semesters|
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 graduation with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks|
|Admission Process||Merit and Entrance Based|
|Average Fees in India||INR 1.5 lakh to 4 lakh|
|Average Salary in India||INR 5-6 lakh|
|Employment Areas||Fashion Houses, Boutiques, Fashion Merchandising and Marketing|
|Job Profiles||Costume Designer, Fashion Designer, Fashion Stylist, etc|
This Blog Includes:
- Important Aspects of BDes Fashion Designing
- BDes Fashion Designing: Top Universities
- BDes Fashion Designing: Admission Requirements
- BDes Fashion Designing: Syllabus
- BDes Fashion Designing: Fee Structure
- BDes Fashion Designing: Career Opportunities and Salary
- Top Fashion Designing Recruiters
Important Aspects of BDes Fashion Designing
The importance of BDes Fashion Designing can be seen through a variety and range of factors that are prevalent through and after the duration of studying the course.
- Never-Decreasing Demand for the Course: With the ever-increasing fashion trends and styles making their way into the job market, the demand for this undergraduate course will never really decrease, maintaining the relevance of the subject.
- Competitive Salary: The course leads to a job market that offers great starting salary packages to students-turned-professionals.
- Career Opportunities: With the opportunity to be hired by multinational textile brands, the entertainment industry, and the film and television industry, fashion students are able to earn great salaries with the chance to improve their career path. The possibility to start one’s own fashion brand is also plausible.
BDes Fashion Designing: Top Universities
Studying fashion design at an undergraduate level is prominent throughout the world. Let’s look at some of the best fashion design schools in the world.
|Name of Institution||Name of Country|
|Parsons, The New School for Design||USA|
|The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT)||USA|
|Central Saint Martins, London||UK|
|London College of Fashion, London||UK|
|Royal College of Art, London||UK|
|Politecnico di Milano||Italy|
|Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne||France|
|ESMOD (l’Ecole Supérieure des Arts et techniques de la Mode)||France|
|Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp||Belgium|
Also Read: Best Designing Courses and Universities
BDes Fashion Designing: Admission Requirements
To take admission to this fashion designing course, an individual must meet the eligibility criteria and go through the application process. Let’s go through the same below!
General Eligibility Criteria
The main eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The student must have completed education at 10 + 2 level with a minimum of 50% marks.
- The student must have passed the examination from a recognised board.
- English proficiency tests such as IELTS, and TOEFL, must be attempted with qualifying scores.
- Students must also be at least 17 years of age.
- Further, English should be a compulsory subject in Class 12 for students.
These are the documents required for your application to study abroad:
- Official academic transcripts
- Scanned copy of passport
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Reference Letters
Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for pursuing fashion design.
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform.
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates, LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates, and roommates virtually.
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
BDes Fashion Designing: Syllabus
The syllabus of BDes Fashion Designing is presented below in semester-type format.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Fashion Studio I Fashion Illustration I History of Fashion I Overview of Fashion Industry Visualization and Representation History of Art and Design I||Design ProcessHistory of Fashion history of Art and Design IIFabric Studies IFashion Illustration IIFashion Studio II|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|History of Fashion III History of Art and Design III Elective 1 – Design Elective Fashion Studio III Elective 2 and 3||History of Design and FashionDraping ScienceFashion Studio IVElective 4, 5, and 6|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Fashion Merchandising and Marketing Fashion Studio V ElectivesApparel Production and Quality Control||EntrepreneurshipFashion Studio VIDesign DissertationElectives|
|Semester 7||Semester 8|
|Portfolio Development CAD and Grading Design Creation Electives||Fashion AccessoriesMaterial ExplorationInternship|
BDes Fashion Designing: Fee Structure
The tuition fee for pursuing BDes Fashion Designing depends on the type of institution, whether private or public and the nature of the country. Regardless, the scope of fashion designing is noteworthy both in India and abroad. In general, the tuition fee for BDes Fashion Designing will range from INR 50,000 to INR 20 lakh per annum.
Follow our YouTube channel for more such updates!
BDes Fashion Designing: Career Opportunities and Salary
The job positions that are most relevant after doing BDes Fashion Designing are tabulated below, along with their salaries.
|Fashion Stylist||INR 4.5 lakh|
|Apparel Quality Manager||INR 5 lakh|
|Pattern Designer||INR 3.5 lakh|
|Design Manager||INR 10 lakh|
|Graphic Designer||INR 4 lakh|
Top Fashion Designing Recruiters
The main fashion designing companies and recruiters are listed below.
- Donatella Versace
- Tom Ford
- Betsey Johnson
- Marc Jacobs
- Ralph Lauren
- Coco Chanel
- Kate Spade
- Valentino Garavani
- Calvin Klein
- Allen Solly
Fashion Designing is the best specialisation in BDes.
New York and Paris are some of the best places to study fashion design.
Manish Malhotra is known to be the top designer in India.
This was all about BDes Fashion Designing. If you want to get into a high-ranked university, you may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.