PTE Academic Exam is the foundation for your study abroad journey. Preparing for PTE-A can be troublesome for some students. To progress in the right direction a student needs to work smartly for the PTE exam preparation. Most of you get stuck in the reorder paragraph questions. Students waste their time solving these questions and score lower on their PTE exam. Do not worry, we have some proven tips that will make your PTE preparation a breeze. Let us start by reorganizing the paragraph questions.
This Blog Includes:
- Proven Tips to Get Higher Scores in Reorder Paragraph Questions
- PTE Exam Latest Updates 2023
- General Tips for PTE Preparation
- The Pattern of the PTE Academic Exam
- Ace your PTE Academic Exam with Leverage Live
Proven Tips to Get Higher Scores in Reorder Paragraph Questions
Students can easily get higher scores in re-order paragraph questions by following some simple tips. Mention below are some tricks to help you ace your exam:
Read all Sentences Carefully
Reading all the sentences in the reorder paragraph questions will help you get an idea of the topic and the purpose of the text. You can practice by reading a newspaper on a daily basis, it will increase your reading speed and with time you will get both speed and accuracy.
Identify the Topic Sentence
The topic sentence is also called the focus sentence. It conveys the central idea of the paragraph. Also, topic sentences don’t begin with a pronoun and don’t refer to an action or information. Sentences with linking words are usually not topic sentences.
Look for a Logical Order
Find sentences that begin with finally, lastly, first of all, and order them according to the chronology of events. You can practise this by reading English books and newspapers.
For paragraph reordering, questions read all sentences and determine which sentences fit perfectly and make sense. Arrange all sentences and cross out the combinations that do not fit together.
Practice is the Key!
Practice reordering questions using the above techniques. With time you will be able to solve these questions with accuracy and within the given time. You can set a time and practice these questions within the time limit.
PTE Exam Latest Updates 2023
- The PTE exam fee has increased to INR 15,900. Before it was INR 14,700.
- The optional 10-minute break is now removed from the PTE exam.
- The total number of questions has been reduced from 70-82 to 52-64.
General Tips for PTE Preparation
You can achieve your target score in the PTE exam if you prepare using the right techniques. Here are some General tips for PTE exam preparation:
- Create a timetable for the PTE Academic exam
- Decide a dedicated time and place for studying
- Understand the exam format
- Be well-versed in the exam’s rules and regulations
- Try to avoid doing silly mistakes during the exam.
- Work on your spelling mistakes to avoid unnecessary loss of marks. This can be done by being extra careful while writing.
- Always proofread your work.
- Work on your pronunciation and keep practising.
- Practice sample papers and previous year’s question papers
- Use study material recommended by Pearson.
- You can use the PTE Academic Official preparation App. The App is available for both Apple and Android users. The official app is free to download and use.
- You can take the help of books, online resources etc.
- Clear all your doubts, you can research online about the things you do not understand.
The Pattern of the PTE Academic Exam
The pattern of PTE-A is quite similar to other English proficiency exams. The PTE-A exam has three sections, listening, speaking-writing (taken together), and Reading.
The exam has both multiple-choice and essay-writing questions. You will be given 2 hours to complete the exam.
- Listening: 30-43 minutes will be allotted to you to attempt this section
- Speaking and Writing: You have 54-67 minutes for this section.
- Reading: Students are allowed to complete the reading section in 29-30 minutes.
Ace your PTE Academic Exam with Leverage Live
To get the desired score in your PTE Academic exam, students require the right strategy along with consistent efforts and proper guidance. If you are looking for some guidance on how to prepare for your PTE, our expert counsellors at Leverage Live will help you prepare a personalized study plan for you. You can also book a live demo from our subject experts and start your study abroad journey.
We provide you with multiple mock tests and practice papers so that you can analyze your result and brush up on your weaker sections. We have the best in class faculty that will help you ace your PTE exam.
Also Read: IELTS VS PTE
You can start your study according to the PTE exam syllabus. Students can refer to the official PTE study material and solve practice papers. Dedication and thorough self-study can help you achieve your score.
All three exams measure your English language proficiency on the basis of Speaking, Writing, Reading, and Listening. There are no major differences between these tests. It depends on the individual which test he chooses.
The PTE exam scores are valid for two years from the test date.
There is no limit on the number of times you can apply for the PTE-A exam. You can retake the test after a gap of 5 days from the previous test date.
The PTE exam measures the English proficiency of candidates who want to study or settle abroad. It is a computer-based test.
PTE-A scores are accepted in countries like the USA, the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and France.
Yes, if you are not satisfied with your score you can apply for a rescore. But, there are some conditions for the rescore. You can check that on the official website of the PTE Exam.
Students can prepare for the PTE-A exam according to the syllabus. You can solve practice papers and attempt sections individually. PTE reorder paragraph questions are easy if you attempt them with the right strategies and techniques. Start by giving approx 2 minutes to a question and as you master the method try to bring down your timing.
For any help with your PTE preparation or study abroad journey, you can reach out to us at 1800-57-2130.