Australian job seeker visas are available to those who want to work abroad. The visas are granted for 3 months, 6 months, and to live permanently in the country. Before applying for an Australia Job seeker visa the applicant must meet the eligibility criteria of the visa, arrange relevant documentation, check the fees, and processing time, and must apply for the same. Based on the application, the visa can be approved or rejected. Keep reading to learn more about Australia’s job seeker visa.
This Blog Includes:
- What is an Australia Job Seeker Visa?
- Australia Job Seeker Visa Eligibility
- Australia Job Seeker Visa Documentation Requirements
- Australia Job Seeker Visa Application Process
- Australian job seeker visa Fees
- Australia Job Seeker Visa Processing Time
- Steps to Take After Receiving the Australia Job Seeker Visa
- Also Read:
What is an Australia Job Seeker Visa?
Australia offers a total of 43 visas for those seeking to work in the country. The visas are granted for working in the following categories. To learn about these visas you can visit the official website of the Australian government-immi.homeaffairs.gov.au
- Air or sea crew
- business or investment
- Represent a foreign Government, do domestic work, teach a foreign language, etc
- post-study work training and internship
- working holiday or seasonal work
- skilled/highly specialized work
- participate in a research project
- working holiday or seasonal work
- youth, school, or staff exchange program
- work in a Pacific Australia Labour Mobility scheme specified industry
Australia Job Seeker Visa Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for an Australia job seeker visa vary depending on the visa type. The general requirements of a job seeker visa are provided below:
- The applicant must be below the age of 45
- Additionally, the applicant must meet the English language proficiency requirements
- Meet the health requirement and character requirements of the country
- The applicant must also possess relevant skills and a minimum of 3 years of experience
- Moreover, the individual must not have any previous visa cancellations
- The applicant must have been explained the Life in Australia booklet or have read the same.
Australia Job Seeker Visa Documentation Requirements
Individuals must present the relevant documents to obtain an Australia Job Seeker visa. The documentation requirements are as follows:
- Submit the application form
- The applicant must have a relevant passport
- Identification photograph and the national ID card
- Submit the educational documentation
- Provide proof of finances and proof of no criminal record
- The company’s appointment letter
- Moreover, the applicant must submit a sponsorship letter (in case of sponsored work)
- The receipt of the visa payment
- A letter from the employer and the invitation letter must be submitted
Australia Job Seeker Visa Application Process
Before applying for an Australian Job Seeker visa, it is important to know what visa type you want to apply for. Once, that is clear an individual can apply for an Australian job seeker visa.
- Visit the Australian Govt Department of Home Affairs official website. The website link is-https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/).
- Next, select the visa type you want to apply for and fill out the application form
- In the case of a skilled visa application make sure that the occupation has been listed on the skilled occupation list
- In the case of sponsored visas, a nomination form for an approved sponsor is required. Once, the applicant has obtained the same, he/she can proceed with skill assessment/
- Next, the applicant must wait for an invitation letter to apply for the visa
- Once, the invitation has been obtained, the applicant can gather the required documents
- The visa application must be sent within 60 days of the application letter
Australian job seeker visa Fees
The Australia job seeker visa fees vary depending on the visa type. Here we have provided the fees of a few job seeker visas:
|Job Seeker Visa Category
|Australian visa application fee
|Employer Nomination Scheme
|Temporary Skill Shortage Visa
|Skilled Independent Visa
|Global Talent Visa
|Temporary Work (Short Stay)
Australia Job Seeker Visa Processing Time
After submitting the Australian visa, the application goes for processing. The processing time of an Australian visa can vary depending on several factors. For example, the visa category, whether the application form is complete or not, and security and background checks, among others. The average processing time for an Australian job seeker visa can vary from weeks to months.
Once the visa has been processed the applicant will receive, a decision regarding the application. The Department of Home Affairs can submit or reject the visa application. The visa decision will be reflected in the online application portal/email of the applicant.
Steps to Take After Receiving the Australia Job Seeker Visa
Here are some of the steps that a student can take after receiving the Australian Job seeker visa.
- Understand the conditions of the Australia job seeker visa. For example, limitations on the working hours, etc
- Be aware of the rights and protections associated with the visa. For example, the visa holder is entitled to fair treatment in the workplace, etc
- Obtaining healthcare insurance to access the health services in the country.
- Obtaining a Tax File Number (TFN) for taxation. It is important to comply with the taxation laws of the country.
- Opening a bank account in the country is essential. This will help the visa holder to manage finance while in Australia.
- Seek employment (if not already employed) by making use of job websites, and networking events held in the country.
Yes. This visa category is meant for fresh graduates who have completed their studies within the last 2 years. The visa is provided to them to find employment in Australia. There are a total of 43 work visas available in Australia.
Yes. No job offer or sponsorship is needed to apply for this visa. The applicant must meet the visa requirements and answer the questions respectively
Yes. Indians can apply for Jobs in Australia. Those interested in working in Australia must learn about Australian work opportunities. Later they can apply for an Australian work visa to wokr in the country.
We hope you now understand what is Australia Job Seeker Visa. Want to apply for a Visa for your study abroad journey? Drop us a comment in the section below, or you can connect with a visa expert at Leverage Edu, and we will guide you on your dream journey!