Candidates who are trying to apply for a UK visa from overseas, then they are required to use the services of VFS UK as part of their application process. There are over 3000 application centres in countries across 5 continents, VFS UK serves the interests of 70 other client governments, including the UK. The body aims at enhancing and streamlining customer experience and also facilitates the making of visa applications from overseas. In this guide, we will give a complete idea of what is VFS UK and the services offered by the same.
This Blog Includes:
What is VFS UK?
VFS is also known as “Visa Facilitation Services”. It is a commercial company, that works in partnership with UK Visas and Immigration and provides services to people who are applying for a visa to enter the UK. It manages visa application centres for the UK border agency where the applicants are required to submit the application form, required certificates, documents, transcripts, and biometric information to process the visa application. VFS is not involved in any decision-making and also has no influence or authority in granting or refusing any visa application.
History and Origin
The company was started as a side project in the year 2001, by chief executive Zubin Karkaria at Kuoni Travel. Kuoni Travel was acquired by EQT partners in the year 2016. The company has its headquarters in Dubai with offices in 147 countries. In the year, 2018 VFS processed more than 25 million visa applications, on behalf of the British home office, and 61 other governments. By 2007, the company received its first global account from UK Visas and Immigration to operate across 33 countries.
To apply for a UK visa internationally, the candidates are required to complete an application process and schedule an interview in person with VFS UK, to prove their identity and biometric information. Check below the steps to apply:
- Apply for the UK visa: The candidates can apply by visiting the UKVI website and the link to apply is also available on the official website.
- Finding a visa centre: Once you have entered the UK, you will automatically find the visa centre based on the location and their respective opening hours.
- Appointment Booking: After successful completion of the application process the candidates are required to book an appointment for biometric verification.
- Attending the appointment at the visa centre: Applicants are required to attend the visa appointment in person. They cannot send anyone else in their place.
- Submit the required documents: Applicants are required to submit the essential documents to process the visa application smoothly.
VFS UK provides a variety of services to make visa applications as easy as possible. These services include:
- It ensures the checking of applications and documents for peace of mind while submitting the application
- It offers priority visa services if the candidate is in a hurry to get the visa decision
- It offers premium lounges to offer comfort and convenience while applying
Decision Regarding Visa
The visa application is processed and decided by the staff of UK Visas and Immigration. VFS UK and its staff do not play any part in or influence the process of visa application. It is only responsible for ensuring that the visa application is correctly filled in and submitted.
List of VFS Global Centres in India
Check below some of the VFS UK centres located in India:
Once the candidate has enrolled their biometric information at a visa application center they will be given a reference number on an invoice or receipt. This number can be used for tracking status updates.
In case the candidate has to travel to the UK urgently, and he/she has missed the visa appointment and is not able to book any appointment then there is an option of “Walk in Without Appointment” available for them.
The processing time for such a visa is usually three to four weeks. After the visa is issued it allows the students to stay in the UK for 6 months.
We hope you now understand what is VFS UK, what services are offered, etc. Want to apply for a Visa for your study abroad journey? Drop us a comment in the section below, or you can connect with a visa expert at Leverage Edu, and we will guide you on your dream journey!