The full form of ICSE is the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education. The ICSE board was formed to offer an examination in a curriculum of general schooling, with the commendations of the 1986 Education Policy, by the medium of English. The mode of the ICSE examination is English. It is a private, non-governmental board of school education in India for students of Classes 10 and 12.
ICSE board is recognised worldwide and may help students to study abroad without IELTS. Many countries exempt international students from taking English Language Proficiency and consider their ICSE score in English. If you wish to know more about ICSE then continue reading.
Why Choose ICSE?
Now that you have understood the full form of ICSE, it’s time to know why you should choose this board. Here are some of the main reasons why you should go for ICSE:
- The ICSE curriculum encourages students to look beyond textbooks and get a hands-on learning experience to get practical perspicuity. The goal is to not only do well in examinations but also gain real-life experiences.
- ICSE focuses more on quality over quantity, this syllabus motivates students to determine diverse interests and carry on an analytical approach towards learning.
- ICSE curriculum delivers new teaching methods, inspires an analytical mind, and provides global content. This also helps students to pursue higher studies abroad. Since ICSE students have a strong grip on English, it gives them an advantage when taking English Language Tests such as IELTS, TOEFL and PTE.
Subscribe to Learn English – Leverage Edu for more such useful information
The ICSE syllabus is vast and lays emphasis on the meticulous study of each subject with an edge over English. The syllabus aims to develop analytical skills, problem-solving skills and practical knowledge for the students. The subjects offered by ICSE are split into three parts. Part I, II and III. Here are the subjects of Class 9 and 10 according to the groups. ICSE results are taken from the best five of six subjects out of which English marks are compulsory.
|Group I (Compulsory Subjects)||English
History/Civics & Geography
|Group II||MathematicsScience (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
A Modern Foreign Language
A Classical Language
|Group III||Computer applications
Mass media and communication
Modern foreign language
List Of Best ICSE Schools in India
These are some top ICSE schools in India:
- Jamnabai Narsee School.
- Mallya Aditi International School.
- The Valley School.
- La Martiniere For Boys.
- Abacus Montessori School.
- Hiranandani Foundation School.
- Bishop Cotton Boys School.
- Bishop Cotton Girls School
You may also read
This was all about the Full Form of ICSE Visit our Full Form Page to discover more intriguing articles about full forms. You can also get a consolidated list of 300+ full forms here! Get in touch with the experts at Leverage Edu in order to kickstart your study abroad journey!