The antonyms of ‘Obsequious’ are domineering, sincere, ingenuous, and honest to mention a few. According to the standard definition, ‘Obsequious’ refers to a person who is overly obedient or attentive to an excessive degree, typically for the purpose of gaining favour or advantage.
Meaning of Obsequious
When it comes to understanding the deeper meaning of Obsequious, it is an adjective that conveys an attitude of excessive eagerness to please or serve someone, often to the point of being submissive or ingratiating.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Opposites of Obsequious
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of the Obsequious to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
The word Obsequious is often objective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of Obsequious in a sentence:
- The confident employee stood by their ideas, even when they differed from those of their superiors.
- Her self-assured demeanour conveyed a sense of independence and autonomy in her decision-making.
- The assertive student was not afraid to voice their opinions, even if they contradicted the professor’s views.
- Despite the criticism, he remained self-reliant and continued to pursue his goals with determination.
- The self-confident leader welcomed diverse perspectives and encouraged independent thinking among the team members.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning and Examples
Antonyms of Obsequious Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Obsequious’ from the options given below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
Explore more exciting reads below:
This was all about the antonym of Obsequious with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.