The antonyms of ‘Notorious’ are unknown, anonymous, faceless, and nameless to mention a few. According to the standard definition, ‘Notorious’ refers to someone or something that is widely known for a negative quality, often involving unfavourable actions or behaviour.
Meaning of Notorious
When it comes to understanding the deeper meaning of Notorious, it implies that the person, event, or thing has a bad reputation for some undesirable trait.
Also Read: 110+ Antonyms
9+ Opposites of Notorious
Let’s take a look at the following opposites or antonyms of the Notorious to expand your understanding of the word:
Usage with Examples
The word Notorious is often objective and can vary depending on the context and perspective of the speaker.
Let’s take a look at the following examples to use the antonyms of Notorious in a sentence:
- The artist was previously unknown, but their recent exhibition has gained them widespread recognition and respect.
- Despite the initial anonymity, the author’s latest novel has garnered critical acclaim and respect from readers worldwide.
- The charitable organization has a long history of honourable work in the community, earning the respect of many.
- The respected professor was known for her virtuous character and dedication to her students.
- The well-respected journalist was renowned for her integrity and commitment to truthful reporting.
Also Read: Antonyms of Improve, Meaning and Examples
Antonyms of Notorious Quiz
Pick the closest word that is the antonym of ‘Notorious’ from the options given below:
Also Read: Antonyms of Selfish with Meaning and Example
Explore more exciting reads below:
This was all about the antonym of Notorious with meaning and examples. I hope you understood the usage of the word. To read more antonym blogs, follow Leverage Edu.