The antonyms of “Inclusion” are Exclusion, Omission, Restriction, Limitation or Exclusionism. To make an impression and get well-versed in vocabulary one should know at least a few antonyms of general words like “Inclusion.”
“Inclusion” is a word that is regularly used in general day-to-day communication. We come across this word at least once a day. Not just this we also use its antonyms quite frequently.
Meaning of Inclusion
Inclusion is the practice or policy of ensuring that everyone is involved and feels welcome, regardless of background or ability. It means creating an environment where everyone has the opportunity to participate and succeed.
9+ Opposites of Inclusion
Mentioned below are some words that can be used as antonyms to the word inclusion:
Also Read: 300+ Antonyms
Antonyms of Inclusion Usage with Examples
Given below are some examples of how the antonyms of “inclusion” can be used in a sentence:
- The children with disabilities were excluded from the playground.
- The women were excluded from the business meeting.
- The omission of women from the study made its results inaccurate.
- The omission of important details from the report made it difficult to understand.
- The restrictions on immigration make it difficult for people from other countries to come to the country.
- The restrictions on freedom of speech in the country make it difficult for citizens to express their views.
- The limitations on funding made it difficult to implement the new program.
- The limitations of the human mind make it impossible for us to understand everything.
- The exclusionism of the club made it difficult for new members to join.
- The exclusionism of the political party made it difficult for people with different views to participate.
Antonyms of Inclusion Quiz
- Which of the following is the opposite of inclusion?
- A. Exclusion
- B. Discrimination
- C. Isolation
- D. Segregation
- Which of the following sentences uses an antonym of inclusion correctly?
- A. The inclusion of children with disabilities in the classroom made for a more vibrant and diverse learning environment.
- B. The exclusion of women from the workplace is a form of discrimination.
- C. The restriction of immigration is necessary to protect the country’s borders.
- D. The omission of important information from the report made it difficult to understand.
This was all about the antonym of “inclusion” meaning and examples. Hope you understood the concept where it’s used. For more such blogs, follow Leverage Edu.