Dr Reddy’s Foundation has taken an excellent step to give financial assistance to female students pursuing higher education in the field of science in the form of the Sashakt Scholarship. The scholarship aims at providing girl students, especially those belonging to rural India and from a backward socio-economic background, access to the best education by India’s top institutions.
The students selected for this scholarship not only get access to top educational institutions but also financial assistance and support as well as mentorship during their undergraduate studies.
|Scholarship Name||Sashakt Scholarship by Dr Reddy’s Foundation|
|Launched by||Dr Reddy’s Foundation|
This Blog Includes:
Students who wish to avail of the benefits of this scholarship must first satisfy the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria for students wishing to apply for the Sashakt Scholarship are as follows:
To be eligible for this scholarship program, an applicant must meet the guidelines outlined below.
- The candidate must be a female Indian citizen.
- Candidates can apply as soon as they have completed their 12th grade.
- Candidates must have a record of academic excellence.
- Only those candidates who opt to study pure/natural science courses are eligible.
- There will be a preference given to candidates who come from economically weaker backgrounds and are interested in scientific research.
- It should be noted that the scholarship will only be awarded to candidates with a confirmation of admission to the listed colleges.
Also Read: Study Abroad Scholarships for Indian Students
The process for the Sashakt Scholarship will tentatively begin on May 1 and the last date to apply is expected to be November 30th. The application process is outlined below:
- Visit the official website to commence the process.
- Fill out the application form and submit the documents.
- Select the institution.
- Submit the admission offer from any of the institutions.
- Wait for the selection confirmation email.
To apply for the scholarship, candidates must provide the following documents.
- Class X certificate (mandatory) and mark sheets (optional)
- Class XII certificate (mandatory) and mark sheets (optional)
- Income Certificate – Mandatory for households with income less than INR 5 Lakhs
- Certificate of Disability – Mandatory for PwD candidates
Candidates can refer to the following table to get an idea about the applicable institutions under this specific scholarship scheme:
|Bangalore||Department of Science, Christ
St Joseph’s College
Mount Carmel College
Sophia College for Women
|Chennai||Madras Christian College
Stella Maris College
|Kolkata||St. Xavier’s College
St. Stephen’s College
Kirori Mal College
|Hyderabad||St. Francis Degree College for Women
Under the Sashakt Scholarship for Girls Offered by Dr Reddy’s Foundation, the selected scholars will get a three-year scholarship of INR 2.4 lakhs (INR 80,000 per year), which will cover college tuition, study expenses, and basic living costs.
The scholars are also mentored through important phases of their studies and given a role model for a career in research through the mentoring of a famous female scientist.
Aim of the Scholarship Program
The scholarship is open to the best universities in India for scientific studies, ensuring that students receive a high-quality education. DRF has outlined the following objectives for the scholarship:
- Encourage and support deserving female students to follow their scientific aspirations.
- To reduce the attrition rate of female college students who choose science.
- To give financial stability for pursuing education to economically disadvantaged students.
- To link students to premier universities to deliver the best science education in India.
- To contribute to the rise of female scientists in India.
The eligibility criteria for this scholarship is discussed in detail in this blog. In short, the candidate must be a female Indian citizen with a record of academic excellence. Further, only those candidates who opt to study pure/natural science courses are eligible. It should be noted that the scholarship will only be awarded to candidates with a confirmation of admission to the listed colleges.
All applicants who wish to apply for this Scholarship need to visit the official website at www.sashaktscholarship.org. The steps to apply for the scholarship are mentioned above.
The selected scholars will get a three-year scholarship of INR 2.4 lakhs (INR 80,000 per year), which will cover college tuition, study expenses, and basic living costs.
In this blog, we have discussed the details of the Sashakt Scholarship for girls. We hope students interested in this scholarship find this information useful and can use this blog to apply for the scholarship.
For more updates on scholarships, keep an eye on Leverage Edu, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter for up-to-date information.